Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
I watched Cindy's vid and the only thing I found she didn't cover was the memories. Are memories still being generated? If so, any drama or is it only positive memories?

I know this mod is in beta and LazyDuchess deserves all the credit and recognition in the world for developing this feature so long in to the game's existence, but do you guys think there will be the possibility to give even more micro-configurations? For example, only giving two or certain families/households the ability to progress while others are off.

From Lazy Duchess' FAQ: At the moment this is very inconsistent. Memories like death and births are implemented, but engagement and marriage memories are a lot more complicated and will be implemented at a later date.
There is an option to disable SP for specific Sims/households.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 11:29 PM
Yeah I also forgot to mention, it would be nice just at the micro scale like only per household. Say for example, when a sim goes to a community lot, it would be nice for the time to progress at home while they're gone (but not for the whole neighbourhood).

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 11:00 PM
This looks really intriguing and I'm eager to see how it turns out, but for now I am happy to stick with Chris Hatch's "Community Time" and Ancient Highway's "NPC Aging".
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 5:32 AM
I'll stick with the Mods I'm using and even what I want to use which includes ACR with heavily customized settings along with the community time project so my visits to community lots are real outings and when couples go out as a household it sppeds time up unilt the time they left the community lot which also applies to single sims and one sim going out with the other staying home means I only control the one staying home while the other is held off the lot until the time they left for home.I do like the idea of story progression bein available for any challenge where you only play one household and ignore the rest of the town.
Theorist
#30 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 2:10 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 5th Feb 2021 at 2:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes but you can turn it off for any playable household. If someone only wanted townies to progress while playing rotation with playables they can. Makes it a lot more versatile then sims 3 SP.

I can see the merit in that, but since I tend to play a lot of households rotational, the households and townies I'd give to story progression would age and die off incredibly quickly in comparison to the ones I actually play.

Like imagine I only have 8 households and play each one for 5 days in a rotation and hand one additional household over to story progression. If I understand this mod correctly the one household with story progression would age 40 days per rotation, while each of "my" households would only age their standard 5. Same with townies (I don't really use townies, so I used the example with a household, because I freqwuently have a couple of households I don't play and just age along with mod objects)

Edit
: Though now that I think about it. How does this mod work? Can you switch it on and off during gameplay or is it configured outside the game?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#31 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 4:32 PM
I realized with this mod, that a hood can become quickly depopulated without the proper measures. Usually, hoods become really full as there are many Nooboos born, townies & Uni students moving with other sims, and a few deaths during a sim week. However, this mod can have many elders die, but not many babies being born (especially, if you don't have many married couples in a hood). To prevent my Uberhood from being a Ghosthood, I decided to have the townies move in their own homes, so they can mingle and have Nooboos.

I'm still trying to adapt a playstyle for this mod, but I'm having a blast with it.

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I can see the merit in that, but since I tend to play a lot of households rotational, the households and townies I'd give to story progression would age and die off incredibly quickly in comparison to the ones I actually play.

Like imagine I only have 8 households and play each one for 5 days in a rotation and hand one additional household over to story progression. If I understand this mod correctly the one household with story progression would age 40 days per rotation, while each of "my" households would only age their standard 5. Same with townies (I don't really use townies, so I used the example with a household, because I freqwuently have a couple of households I don't play and just age along with mod objects)

Edit
: Though now that I think about it. How does this mod work? Can you switch it on and off during gameplay or is it configured outside the game?

You can change if a household or the whole hood is affected by Story Progression in the game. You click on a sim to turn Story Progression off or on.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 5:55 PM
This mod is for one household players only. Very good for legacy players and just like early TS3. It may attract more young players who are afraid of control big families and many households.

You can take notownieregen out if townies will start to die out. Or maybe make some new with townie gun, especially children. Just curious what happens with townie graves?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 7:12 PM
This game is just like AOE2, still growing strong after dozens of years after release

JESSE!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 7:41 PM
Is it really only good for one household? From what I've seen, you could turn it on while you play one household for a week, then turn it off and play other households who had it turned off (each for a week). And in theory everything would be 'synced up again?

Definitely ideal for certain challenges - Legacies, Trailer Park, etc.

Also seems like it is best served by neighbourhoods with fewer townies/downtownies/etc and more families that are made playable and moved into houses.
Press play and GO!!!

That said, I am a control freak (reason I never moved on to Sims 3 or 4), so I will likely wait until more people have play-tested this mod and I understand its full power before I put it in my game (and will only have it in certain saves).
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 6:57 AM
I like the idea of this for certain types of challenges or games where I might not want to play my entire town and I would turn aging off on inactives and try ti watch out for some things happening like babies being born to couples not ready for that.It could be great vor cimical challenges of seeing how sims can ruon thier lives and how a town can fall apart just for fun.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:14 PM
I don't know if a such mod can add gameplay or interesting fact in the game, this SP looks like boring as we got in ts4 with MCC. Just my thoughts at the moment.
The only way I enjoy SP in ts3 is just to get the juicy news from my other sims that's all.
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 6:00 PM
Definitely will be keeping an eye out on this mod for future updates. I've always wanted a SP mod in the sims 2 because after playing a few generations, I feel a bit weird seeing townies that were still alive with the 1st gen and now they're still here during 5th gen gameplay. I'm gonna hold off downloading the mod right now since it is in beta and according to the discord, it conflicts with some mods that are currently in my game that I just can't give up. And after watching Cindy's video, it seems as though townie aging goes by too quick (for me personally).
Forum Resident
#38 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 8:16 PM
This mod honestly is probably just what I needed to give me spark to actually play the game for the first time since years. Literally setting up a new downloads folder just to test this out Back when I actually played the game I was always the type to focus on one family only so I'm excited to have the rest of the neighborhood change around my Sims without having to play them all myself so for my play style this works perfectly.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 10:17 AM
Honestly I think this mod is really cool and it's amazing that there's a mod like this out there but after playing it for a couple of hours I've decided it's not for me. I had fun testing it out but ultimately I like micromanaging my sims too much.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:01 PM
@Simmer4Life1996 -You sound just like me and also how I felt about EA's bugfest in TS3.I had to use a Modded story progression in that game to have the ability to play TS2 style rotational in TS3 because I found I had to mocromanage all of the families to make sure my town wasn't destroyed by a glitchy bugfest.
I think that just passive play of townies households can simulate this function and I can still intervene to make sure they don't make a total mess of their lives.
Scholar
#41 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 5:50 AM
Hmmm. If the townies only grow old and die, then it’s probably a good idea to take out the no-regen mods.

Right now, I’ve got two folders. One for story progression and one for the mods that conflict with story progression. I never even thought about the no-regen mods.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 6:27 AM
Personally, I like to play in rotation, but I also love the story progression when it is consistent and I can set it up so that drama, moves, and divorces are not routine. Can't wait to try it !! I would like to know if it is easy to uninstall and if it affects neighborhoods from the start. I don't want to mess up the custom neighborhoods I'm working in. Also, I'm a bit freaked out about the lack of compatibility with mods that are essential for clean and corruption-free play.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 6:33 AM
There is an active discord and the creator is consistently updating her mod (removing a lot of the accidental incest). It's still a beta mod so there's bound to be some development.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#44 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 10:02 AM
I think if I put this in, which is quite unlikely, I'd definitely integrate a much longer ageing mod. I thought about it and I think actually matching up to the seasons would be perfect - 20 days per "real life" year. Pregnancy lasting 15 days. Of course that would mess with mods like inteen and ACR so could take a lot of work. I know Almighty Hat has a really long ageing mod, with everything adjusted to it, if anyone wanted to try that out without doing the work (I don't think it's quite 20 days per RL year, but I can't remember offhand.) Search for "It's about the proportion".

When I play rotationally, I usually play with 2 days per RL year. So it would work out as about the same ageing speed as playing 10 households in rotation. Usually, I play many more households than this, but I have had small hoods with 10ish households and the speed of the neighbourhood ageing overall is OK. I feel like I have enough time with sims in each age stage, but things do move on and they don't feel stuck in their ages forever, which can sometimes happen with larger hoods.

I don't know whether it's possible to adjust the frequency of events with this mod, because it might be that things like pregnancies, promotions, and marriages would happen too frequently if you had a really long age span.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#45 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 11:17 AM Last edited by kewpie : 16th Feb 2021 at 8:00 PM.
@simsfreq — unfortunately, it sims any mod that affects pregnancy length seems to conflict. Aging mods don’t conflict, though. I think a 4x lifespan might be a good compromise.

I don’t think this mod is totally me, but it’s nice to play when rotational play gets me down. I miss single family legacy style play. So it’s all good.

Off topic — Story progression made an alien abduction/baby in Belladonna Cove early on in my test game. Is that common or did I get extremely “lucky”? Edit ... the same guy got abducted and pregnant a second time. I wonder if he’s got a telescope on the lot. If he gets pregnant a third time, that’s too many times for me. Not even Vidcund get abducted that many times in my game.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
There is an active discord and the creator is consistently updating her mod (removing a lot of the accidental incest). It's still a beta mod so there's bound to be some development.

Yes, it's well worth joining the server if only to get notified when new updates happen. The latest one allows your Sims to visit other Sims in the same subhood, so that's exciting!
Instructor
#47 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Hmmm. If the townies only grow old and die, then it’s probably a good idea to take out the no-regen mods.

Right now, I’ve got two folders. One for story progression and one for the mods that conflict with story progression. I never even thought about the no-regen mods.

I'm keeping the notowineregen mods in only because the townies are being replaced by Uni graduates in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Personally, I like to play in rotation, but I also love the story progression when it is consistent and I can set it up so that drama, moves, and divorces are not routine. Can't wait to try it !! I would like to know if it is easy to uninstall and if it affects neighborhoods from the start. I don't want to mess up the custom neighborhoods I'm working in. Also, I'm a bit freaked out about the lack of compatibility with mods that are essential for clean and corruption-free play.

I would not play this mod in a hood that you are serious about. Many of the testers are using the mod in a "test" hood. So in case something goes haywire, nothing of importance was lost.

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
@simsfreq — unfortunately, it sims any mod that affects pregnancy length seems to conflict. Aging mods don’t conflict, though. I think a 4x lifespan might be a good compromise.

I don’t think this mod is totally me, but it’s nice to play when rotational play gets me down. I miss single family legacy style play. So it’s all good.

Off topic — Story progression made an alien abduction/baby in Belladonna Cove early on in my test game. Is that common or did I get extremely “lucky”? Edit ... the same guy got abducted and pregnant a second time. I wonder if he’s got a telescope on the lot. If he gets pregnant a third time, that’s too many times for me. Not even Vidcund get abducted that many times in my game.

Yes, alien abduction is common, however, Lazy dialed down the chances in the recent update. I personally, like sims getting abducted at a high rate, so I edited the chances in SimPE.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 3:33 AM
Just heard about this mod, and I think it sounds really promising for people who don't want to be bothered with perfect rotational play but still want other sims to advance. It is a detractor if you want to micromanage and control/ see the gameplay yourself. Still, townie auto-progression and syncing of the weekdays seems like a great perk. For people playing challenges like the Queen Bee Challenge or the Legacy Challenge, where you'll end up with a lot of spares or offspring who will be moved to other lots, this seems like a fantastic way to see how those families can grow and age chronologically without requiring you to personally cater to their less important gameplay.

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Scholar
#49 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 7:52 PM
Wondering if anyone is using this mod with Super Collection on the Mac with good results. I just discovered this and thought it might be fun to try out, but when I installed it in an empty downloads folder and tried it with a test neighborhood, it was super buggy. No one could use the phone, the newspaper boy wouldn't stop leaving newspapers, some other things. I watched PleasantSims's video and was jealous because I'd love to have some of that in my game, but I'm thinking this just doesn't work on the Mac. I would appreciate hearing about other people's experiences.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Wondering if anyone is using this mod with Super Collection on the Mac with good results. I just discovered this and thought it might be fun to try out, but when I installed it in an empty downloads folder and tried it with a test neighborhood, it was super buggy. No one could use the phone, the newspaper boy wouldn't stop leaving newspapers, some other things. I watched PleasantSims's video and was jealous because I'd love to have some of that in my game, but I'm thinking this just doesn't work on the Mac. I would appreciate hearing about other people's experiences.

According to their discord posts: "Super Collection is not completely unsupported, but compatibility is still a work in progress." there was another comment saying "Remove the traveling module of the mod, it relies on the apartment life expansion which isn’t included in the super collection. It’s still not entirely compatible but should help significantly" maybe try if it works a little better like that?
Page 2 of 3