Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fry 'Em Up: Deep Fryer, Family Diner Lot Trait and Sauce Pairing

by konansock Posted 21st Feb 2021 at 9:47 AM - Updated 13th Jun 2022 at 1:21 PM by konansock

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 2:54 PM
i have the fryer from your website and works great btw just um some humor inbetween didn`t know the sims 4 were already then or even this website lol "Files updated: 1st Jan 1970 at 1:00am" hehe just kidding,keep up the good work
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by larsV
i have the fryer from your website and works great btw just um some humor inbetween didn`t know the sims 4 were already then or even this website lol "Files updated: 1st Jan 1970 at 1:00am" hehe just kidding,keep up the good work

ps 10 day`s later i was born

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:37 PM
Love your mods i use your main website and these are all fantastic! Thanks for this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 6:39 PM
This is marvelous. Question: Does this attribute to the 'Junk Food Fiend' Lifestyle?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 7:46 PM
Can you make any food in your restaurant?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 10:26 PM
Thank You For This Mod!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 10:46 PM
Will this work with scco?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:31 AM
es increíble que talento me encanta
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floridawater
This is marvelous. Question: Does this attribute to the 'Junk Food Fiend' Lifestyle?

Hi! If you cook the food with the "Perfectly Balanced Organic Oil", it will be healthy, or else it will be junk food.
In the detailed guide written by me (in the additional links) I've clarified this, you can check it out for more info in that guide.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by larsV

Thanks for the support. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninjapiggy54
Can you make any food in your restaurant?

They're all available in restaurants. : D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arkane149
Will this work with scco?

Yes, there's even an SCCO version in the zip file.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:57 PM
WoW! You think about everything! Compatible with scoo, use at restaurant, icemumum canning station, you’re great ! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 5:14 PM
When making your home a restaurant can you make any food or does it have to be the fried food? Like for example, can we make a bakery?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 1:00 AM
???? Thank you !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninjapiggy54
When making your home a restaurant can you make any food or does it have to be the fried food? Like for example, can we make a bakery?

Any food you want! Some grilled recipes might only give you tips since they don't have a retail price, though.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:25 AM
How wonderful! And I love that you work with IceMummum. This is perfect for single sims in small apartments that do not have much cooking skill. I love the realism, not everyone can be a master chief, but still want tasty food.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 2:59 PM Last edited by mcmcallonsy : 24th Feb 2021 at 3:14 PM.
I really like the idea of this mod. Do you happen to have any suggestions I could try in order to solve the following issues?

ETA - I listed all of them in case they are related, but I would be quite happy if I could get one or two of them resolved.

THE FRYER
- My sims can appreciate the fryer
- My sims can recieve happy moodets from the expensive fryer
- My sims can upgrade the fryer
- My sims can fill the fryer with oil
- My sims CANNOT cook with the fryer
- My sims CANNOT gourmet cook with the fryer

I've tried both fryers with several lots / sims, including a level 10 celebrity chef. The pie menu looks fine but the cooking options never show up in the sim's queue.

THE CUSTOMERS
- The customers are all children
- The customers all gain quite a lot of weight (eating stovetop food)
- The customers purchase a plate of food, do a glitchy arm movement, the food ends up on the floor without a single bite having been removed from the plate.
- The customers repeat that continuously until all the food is on the floor
- The customers sometimes display starving animations despite evident weight gain.
- When all of the food has been dumped on the floor, the customers leave in a huff as though they never got their food. All of the feedback forms say 'Time is Simoleans.'

I have tried restarting my computer, removing all other mods / cc, redownloading the Deep Fryer files, downloading the files both from this site and from the google drive link on your website. I might download SCCO in order to see if the compatible files work better for me than the base game ones.

Thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mcmcallonsy
I really like the idea of this mod. Do you happen to have any suggestions I could try in order to solve the following issues?

ETA - I listed all of them in case they are related, but I would be quite happy if I could get one or two of them resolved.

THE FRYER

I've tried both fryers with several lots / sims, including a level 10 celebrity chef. The pie menu looks fine but the cooking options never show up in the sim's queue.

THE CUSTOMERS
- The customers purchase a plate of food, do a glitchy arm movement, the food ends up on the floor without a single bite having been removed from the plate.
- The customers sometimes display starving animations despite evident weight gain.
- When all of the food has been dumped on the floor, the customers leave in a huff as though they never got their food. All of the feedback forms say 'Time is Simoleans.'

I have tried restarting my computer, removing all other mods / cc, redownloading the Deep Fryer files, downloading the files both from this site and from the google drive link on your website. I might download SCCO in order to see if the compatible files work better for me than the base game ones.

Thanks in advance

Hi! I wonder if you have any other mods installed? There could be a conflict between mods. Also, were your Sims living in a dorm?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 8:07 AM

THE FRYER

THE CUSTOMERS

Thanks in advance

Also, I think the customers gaining weight might be an issue if you're using other mods that FREEZE the fatness of a Sim (Like MCCC?). My mod applies a modifier to the customers that stops fat gein; and it might cancel the effect of that mod. When the "lock" gets removed, customers will have max fatness. So it would help a lot if you could tell me what mods you have been using!
I think the inability to cook issue used to happen when I used a bad mesh, but they stopped cooking halfway instead of not starting. So I think this is a new issue. If you have an LE file, it would help a lot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 9:28 PM
Love it ty <3
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by konansock
Also, I think the customers gaining weight might be an issue if you're using other mods that FREEZE the fatness of a Sim (Like MCCC?). My mod applies a modifier to the customers that stops fat gein; and it might cancel the effect of that mod. When the "lock" gets removed, customers will have max fatness. So it would help a lot if you could tell me what mods you have been using!
I think the inability to cook issue used to happen when I used a bad mesh, but they stopped cooking halfway instead of not starting. So I think this is a new issue. If you have an LE file, it would help a lot!

Thanks. I usually play with the following mods, but I removed them all during my problem-shooting process:
- roBurky's Fitness Controls
- Sresla's Sweet Tooth (trait)
- IceCream's Ageless and Immortal Reward Store Traits
- JesseNebulous' Articulate, Bewildered, and Piggie Traits.

I think the real problem here is that I forgot new mods don't work with Legacy Edition. I think I can just edit your file on Sims 4 Studio to change the CASP to (0x2A), but I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. Even with the above listed issues, Fry 'em Up is one of my favorite parts of the game right now (I built a giant secret restaurant under the Pancakes' house––they sell pancakes).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 4:54 AM
Thanks. I usually play with the following mods, but I removed them all during my problem-shooting process:
- roBurky's Fitness Controls
- Sresla's Sweet Tooth (trait)
- IceCream's Ageless and Immortal Reward Store Traits
- JesseNebulous' Articulate, Bewildered, and Piggie Traits.

I think the real problem here is that I forgot new mods don't work with Legacy Edition. I think I can just edit your file on Sims 4 Studio to change the CASP to (0x2A), but I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. Even with the above listed issues, Fry 'em Up is one of my favorite parts of the game right now (I built a giant secret restaurant under the Pancakes' house––they sell pancakes).

That makes sense! I'll try to survey how to make it compatible with Legacy Edition after my exam in March then :D
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by konansock
That makes sense! I'll try to survey how to make it compatible with Legacy Edition after my exam in March then :D

That would be awesome, but please don't feel obligated! Good luck on your exam.
Page 1 of 3