Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 4:41 AM
Default Where are the tuning files that have to do with bands and band members?
So I'm basically a beginner in modding, so I apologize if I get any vocabulary or info wrong

I recently became interested in bands from the Late Night Expansion, but I became bothered at the fact that the band could only have 4 members (I needed about 6 members). I've tried looking through the ITUN files (like I said, beginner modder) to see where I could change the maximum value from 4 to a higher number. I've only taken a peek at the gameplaydata package file so far. Could it be hidden somewhere else??
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eudaemonia
So I'm basically a beginner in modding, so I apologize if I get any vocabulary or info wrong

I recently became interested in bands from the Late Night Expansion, but I became bothered at the fact that the band could only have 4 members (I needed about 6 members). I've tried looking through the ITUN files (like I said, beginner modder) to see where I could change the maximum value from 4 to a higher number. I've only taken a peek at the gameplaydata package file so far. Could it be hidden somewhere else??

The maximum number of band members is a constant in the scripting core and not in any tuning. The only way you could change it is via a core mod (or, I suppose, a complete rewriting of the band skill to work around the constant, which may or may not be possible).

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
The maximum number of band members is a constant in the scripting core and not in any tuning. The only way you could change it is via a core mod (or, I suppose, a complete rewriting of the band skill to work around the constant, which may or may not be possible).

Thank you! Sucks that I have to create a core mod, but I'll try my best to make it work!