Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 11:48 PM
Default People would react to TS2 mods differently if they came out now
Breastfeeding and body hair were both introduced in the TS3 era with breastfeeding being introduced in TSM and body hair in TS3. Mods for these are considered "adult" mods for TS2 despite not having nudity, at least the versions I use don't.

ACR would be considered a very "adult" mod. Due to changing times, I don't think Inteen would even have been made.

What mods do you think would have been reacted to differently if they came out today instead of in the TS2 era?

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 12:47 AM
I don't think the breastfeeding mod and skins with body hair are considered remotely "adult" content. ACR isn't adult content either, there are no interactions in ACR that aren't present in the original game. InTeen has been controversial in the fandom ever since it was first made.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 1:15 AM
The grill.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
The grill.
Well, it's no longer on MTS. (It might still be on MATY)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 1:27 AM
Breastfeeding got introduced in TS4 and doesn't seem it good any bad eye from magority of the players. Wicked Whims is ACR for TS4. Dunno about inteen.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 1:27 AM
Have we really collectively lost so much of our sense of humor that we would be offended by the OMGWTFBBQ if it came out now?
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 4:03 AM
Some of Hunter240x mods, maybe? Like the rug, or the shower?

I guarantee things like those have to exist for 3 and 4 but by the time of 3 I had no interest in any sort of adult content in my game.

Mind you, I was 13 in 2009 so I had no business having any type of adult content in sims 2 why was nobody parenting me
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:00 AM Last edited by yourfriendmichelle : 20th Mar 2021 at 5:14 AM. Reason: Added source
Wasn't the pixellated breastfeeding mod (I think it's by BoilingOil? I have it) actually taken from unfinished Maxis code? It seems to me it was leftover from somewhere in the game files or something and originally intended to be in the game, but that could've been misinformation I heard.

Edit: According to this here:
Quote:
As some of you may know, Maxis actually coded a breastfeeding interaction. They didn't finish it, but thanks to the work of modders that finished the process our simmies can breastfeed. This mod is a plugin for existing mods that enable breastfeeding.

Why not be kind?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:19 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2021 at 5:51 AM.
^ I tried Squinge's mod way back when (long before TSM). The animations weren't the best (but I guess that's EA's fault for leaving it unfinished).

I wish I was better at making animations and had even a clue how to tackle baby animations in relation to adults, because this is one mod I'd love to have if it had better animations. For now I think my sims will stick to bottles for actual feeding (because the animations look better) and poseboxes if I want to pretend my sims are breastfeeding for storytelling purposes or whatever.

It's a nice alternative if you'd rather not have bottles, and it works fine for regular gameplay, though.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Didn't Squinge or someone else tinker with that one first?

Right. Squinge is the one I think did it first, and then BoilingOil put out some revised versions of his mod

Quote:
this is one mod I'd love to have if it had better animations.

Eh. For me at least, it's passable. It's Maxis-y, plus the pixellation is like putting a bandaid over it, so it doesn't break my immersion.

Why not be kind?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:48 AM
I have a no censor blur, but if I can accept them going to the toilet in their clothes then I can accept them breastfeeding without exposing the breast. XD
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 6:32 AM
I've got ACR in my game and am tuning it to adjust my sims to not be cheating on parners in a marriage because my BACC town is too small for that and I love how it lets you make the choice on wether they can cheat or not.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Breastfeeding got introduced in TS4 and doesn't seem it good any bad eye from magority of the players. Wicked Whims is ACR for TS4. Dunno about inteen.

Wicked Whims is definitely not ACR for the sims 4, with ACR you wouldn't be so embarassed if your mom found your sims making baby number fifty (granted you take precautions with cinematics and clothing options, but the point is the options are there). With WIcked Whims you'd have to lock your door, get the curtains, and boot up the game in incognito mode. We are not the same.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Have we really collectively lost so much of our sense of humor that we would be offended by the OMGWTFBBQ if it came out now?

Honestly that thing was only "funny" when I heard about it as an edgy 16-year-old (god help me) for the first time, and even then on a basis of "haha this is a thing that nobody uses". Also yes there would be genuine offense and public backlash because twitter exists.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Honestly that thing was only "funny" when I heard about it as an edgy 16-year-old (god help me) for the first time, and even then on a basis of "haha this is a thing that nobody uses".
I'm about 100 and I still find it as funny now as I did then. I have a juvenile sense of homour!

I do wonder whether Sims 2 would be the same if it were made now; there is a lot of face slapping and physical fighting, and I remember the Stories games had a few bits that could only be done by encouraging sims to fight. Pointing and laughing too; I'm sure that now this game would be made without all that.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I do wonder whether Sims 2 would be the same if it were made now; there is a lot of face slapping and physical fighting, and I remember the Stories games had a few bits that could only be done by encouraging sims to fight. Pointing and laughing too; I'm sure that now this game would be made without all that.

I doubt The Sims 2 would be the same if it was made today even in vanilla, especially when you consider how 'safe' TS4 is. Weren't burglars removed because it 'offended' players, or is that just a rumour?

Anyway, not to sound stupid, but I doubt Maxis would make the 'First Woohoo' cutscene, or anything risqué themselves anymore I remember when I got a strange glitch with just The Sims 2 base game where I always got the first woohoo cutscene, regardless of whether or not a sim a 'done the deed' already. Naturally, someone walked in, two sons of a girlfriend my Dad had at the time... I had a lot of explaining to do...

Recent Sims games have never left me in that awkward situation... and I'm oddly sad about that

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:41 PM
Mods are optional?
If you don't like one - well, don't use it?
It seems fairly obvious to me.
Alchemist
#17 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 6:09 PM
There was a popular skinset way back when that lightened the S3 and S4 skins to the point that the premades using them were unrecognizable. That wouldn't go over well today.

The grill was controversial when it was released. I think the reaction would be the same in 2021.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I'm about 100 and I still find it as funny now as I did then. I have a juvenile sense of homour!

Maids definitely wouldn't use those revealing outfits. Drama professors wouldn't fall in love with every college student either.

I don't think Sims 4 kept burglars out because of complaints. They allowed vampires to break into Sims' homes.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Mods are optional?

It doesn't seem like anyone is disagreeing with this conclusion? Just talking about the way sentiments have changed over the years. But just because you're not using something doesn't mean you won't share your opinion on it...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 6:25 PM
@Justpetro -We both feel the same way about Mods except that I will only add in one I didn't initialy want if I find it fixes a amjor bug I find or it fixes an issue or fits my historical games.I install some Mods just for more realism in historical settings because I play a lot of games set in the 16th or 17th centuries like my Pleasanview Epic Challenge set in the 17th century colonial era.I don't want to enable teen woohoo or teen pregnancies though inteen migh get in for being able to have teen couples marry or teen/adult couples maintain their romances until the younger one ages up though the married teen couples are only allowed to woohoo once both are adult age.
I might have that gill baby Mod in for some historcal stories like the witch hunts in the later 17th century to pretend parents of unplanned babies in those dark times had only a few options for an unplanned or unwanted baby when adoptions weren't allowed.It might also be great for a horror video or a sad story about a couple in a very desperate situation about to starve to death.
Scholar
#19 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 7:27 PM
Not a mod, but one thing I hope EA would avoid in the future is the lecture/yell at baby for soiling its diaper. I don't know if they thought it was funny or what, but I found it totally unacceptable - and hypocritical, too, because you can't scold toddlers or even children when they misbehave, and the only time teens get scolded is if they are brought home by the police, which is not a situation the player controls. I think that was why it shocked me so much: they were over the top in avoiding anything else that could possibly be seen as child abuse in even the most snowflaky sense of the term, but then introduced this one autonomous behaviour that really is abusive. Antibabylecture was one of the first, maybe even the first, mod I downloaded.

I briefly added the mod that allows adults to slap teens, but removed it quite quickly because Buzz was beating up poor Ripp every chance he got. It went too far, and there would probably be an outcry if it was released as a new mod today.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:03 PM
Quote:
Some of Hunter240x mods, maybe? Like the rug, or the shower?

Oh, those were definitely for mature audiences, and they were only available on MTS's big sister site.
But you have to remember, that at the time, there was no ACR of any kind and they were considered very x-rated then.
(as a matter of fact, Hunter was at Back Alley Sims as well.) So there's a difference between 'naughty' and 'you better be of age for thisone!"

And I don't think they would pass muster now, because people are rather sensitive about sexual proclivities in a game. There was a time when there was a magazine called Playboy that was very popular and controversial.

I doubt it would be (as it has died) accepted now either.

Tastes and sensitivities do change with age.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Mods are optional?

You'd think it would be that simple

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Oh, those were definitely for mature audiences, and they were only available on MTS's big sister site.
But you have to remember, that at the time, there was no ACR of any kind and they were considered very x-rated then.
(as a matter of fact, Hunter was at Back Alley Sims as well.) So there's a difference between 'naughty' and 'you better be of age for thisone!"

I've been locked out of many an account because I forgot what year I said my birthday was to be able to make the account in the first place.

edit - I just realized how that sounds, I assure you I was born in April of 1996 but that's only been since 2014 that I was able to not lie on certain websites, so at the point in time where I was like hehehesneaky build a second floor just to flip to when my parents walked in the room I did have to use fake ages then
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
Breastfeeding and body hair were both introduced in the TS3 era with breastfeeding being introduced in TSM and body hair in TS3. Mods for these are considered "adult" mods for TS2 despite not having nudity, at least the versions I use don't.

ACR would be considered a very "adult" mod. Due to changing times, I don't think Inteen would even have been made.

What mods do you think would have been reacted to differently if they came out today instead of in the TS2 era?

Breastfeeding came with Sims 2 but they changed their mind and hide the action.

Body hair as CC came out early.

Who considers them adult?

ACR is adult as is Inteen. What do you mean 'wouldn't have been made? Inteen is also an old mod.

Pretty sure Sims 4 has adult mods like Wicked Whims.

I don't understand your post.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#23 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
H OMGWTFBBQ

Personally I'm not offended by it.

But was it ever really funny? "Hur hur hur grilled baby hur hur hur"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
But was it ever really funny?
(GOB voice) Oh COME ON! It's hilarious. So is green stink and yellow farts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Personally I'm not offended by it.

But was it ever really funny? "Hur hur hur grilled baby hur hur hur"

I think it's horrible. 0 funny, -100 funny.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 4