Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Repeatable Relationship Memories Plus New Fall Out of Love Memory

by Phantomknight Posted 13th Apr 2021 at 2:37 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2022 at 7:02 AM by Phantomknight

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 7:48 PM
Hey great mod! I do have some conflicts I'm not sure how to handle though. I see you listed MidgeTheTree's Romantic Standards Fall Out of Love Memory Fix but which should I pick? Are they both doing the exact same thing so it doesn't matter or is there reasons to choose one over the other? Also Repeatable Best Friends conflicts with BO's No Trash Memories but I'm not sure how his mod affects the Best Friend Memory so hard to know which to pick! Any advice? Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 8:16 PM
Happy to see this out on MTS!! Thank you for your hard work, it was a pleasure to test with you and everyone else. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 4th May 2021 at 7:59 PM.
@Fyren5, Thank you!

@BellaDovah, I looked at BO's No Trash Memories, and yes, it conflicts with PK-Repeatable-Made-Best-Friend-Memory. I don't think this is intentional and I think the wrong bhav is being used in No Trash Memories, but for now, you should choose one or the other. I have contacted BoilingOil about it, but he's not an active poster, so I want to give some time before advising anything else. (See update in post 5, below.)

As for MidgeTheTree's Romantic Standards Fall Out of Love Memory Fix, yes, both it and PK-Fell-Out-of-Love attempt to fix the same issue, but in different ways. Don't install both. My mod fixes the issue by giving sims a new memory, Fell Out of Love, instead of the game giving the Fell In Love memory again. Choose my mod if you want sims to have a memory for falling out of love. Choose Midge's mod if you don't want to add a custom memory to your game.

(I'll also add that if you don't also use PK-Repeatable-Fell-In-Love-Memory, or any other mod that makes the Fell In Love memory repeatable, you probably won't ever see the error, and so could get away with installing neither.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Fyren5, Thank you!

@BellaDovah, I looked at BO's No Trash Memories, and yes, it conflicts with PK-Repeatable-Made-Best-Friend-Memory. I don't think this is intentional and I think the wrong bhav is being used in No Trash Memories, but for now, you should choose one or the other. I have contacted BoilingOil about it, but he's not an active poster, so I want to give some time before advising anything else.

As for MidgeTheTree's Romantic Standards Fall Out of Love Memory Fix, yes, both it and PK-Fell-Out-of-Love attempt to fix the same issue, but in different ways. Don't install both. My mod fixes the issue by giving sims a new memory, Fell Out of Love, instead of the game giving the Fell In Love memory again. Choose my mod if you want sims to have a memory for falling out of love. Choose Midge's mod if you don't want to add a custom memory to your game.

(I'll also add that if you don't also use PK-Repeatable-Fell-In-Love-Memory, or any other mod that makes the Fell In Love memory repeatable, you probably won't ever see the error, and so could get away with installing neither.)

Thanks so much for getting back to me Well I think I'm going to use your best friend mod and let it overwrite BO's and get rid of midge's mod and use yours!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 11:38 AM
amazing, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:13 PM
This is so wonderful! I want to add this to my game BADLY, but is it possible to get it to work with No Trash Memories??? I reeeally don't wanna deal with those stupid "Met __" memories
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 1:37 PM
This is wonderful! Thanks so much for uploading this mod! :lovestruc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2021 at 7:58 PM
@BellaDovah, I was finally able to get in touch with BoilingOil and here's what I found out: In No Trash Memories, the Made Best Friend with Subject memory is eliminated/suppressed. Your sims shouldn't get new Made Best Friend memories at all with it installed.

So yes, if you do want to use my mod instead for that memory, loading my mod last will work. Whichever mod loads last will take priority in handling the memory. Alternatively, you can delete the conflicting Bhav from BO's mod (BHAV – CT - Add Memory, Instance 0x00001002 (4098), Group 0x7F06D106).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th May 2021 at 12:42 AM
@BellaDovah, I was finally able to get in touch with BoilingOil and here's what I found out: In No Trash Memories, the Made Best Friend with Subject memory is eliminated/suppressed. Your sims shouldn't get new Made Best Friend memories at all with it installed.

So yes, if you do want to use my mod instead for that memory, loading my mod last will work. Whichever mod loads last will take priority in handling the memory. Alternatively, you can delete the conflicting Bhav from BO's mod (BHAV – CT - Add Memory, Instance 0x00001002 (4098), Group 0x7F06D106).

Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd May 2021 at 10:01 PM
It doesn't appear that Pescado's Batbox conflicts with this (a Pescado mod that doesn't conflict? Who'da thunk it?), but I'm completely unqualified to know for sure. Would you be willing to take a look, please? The relevant portion is described thusly:
Quote:
XXVI. Wipe Mystery Sim Memories
Removes all irrelevant "Mystery Sim" memories on freshly created so your sims can experience the relevant moments with some real sim instead of blabbing about this mystery sim thing. Option not available on sims with chronologies that removing these would invalidate.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th May 2021 at 7:17 PM
@croiduire sorry it took so long to get back to you! I'm on the site frequently, but I forget to check this thread--best to @ me or PM me.

Anywho, your question: I was fairly sure it doesn't conflict, as I use the batbox too, but just to be sure I ran the HCDU. No conflicts are reported/found. This makes sense, too, because my mod does not affect the Mystery Sim memories.

If you install PK-Repeatable-Relationship-Memories, then other mods that edit the Made Enemy, Made Best Friend, and Fell In Love memories will conflict. If you install PK-Unique-Per-Sim-Relationship-Memories, then other mods that edit the Made Enemy and Lost Best Friend memories will conflict. If you install PK-Fell-Out-of-Love-Memory, then anything else using my GUID (0x08A88081) will conflict.

Let me know if you need more help/that doesn't make sense.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th May 2021 at 11:02 AM
It makes perfect sense. I would prefer to use your mods, but I can't even play without the batbox. As long as they don't conflict, it's all good! Thank you! :D
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 8:49 PM
You should perhaps be proud to know that I have just now installed my very first ever custom memory, thanks to you. In all my years playing, this is the first one that really felt worth the risks.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 10:39 PM
@Rosawyn, thank you so much! Hearing that really made my day.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 12:30 PM Last edited by MescAline : 25th Nov 2021 at 12:47 PM.
Thank you for this great mod but i use "Tattered Diary (Custom Memories)" by Diligh, ans there is a Fell Out of Love memory in there, but it's not autonomously add to the sim, so I wanted to know if I was able to have the 2 mods together without conflict ? (your mod would be much more practical because I often forget to add the memories each time ... but I'd like to keep all the other memories^^') (and sorry if my english is bad)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 7:01 AM
@MescAline, I'm so sorry it took so long to get back to you! No, it doesn't conflict with Tattered Diary (I use it myself). But I did create a version using DiLight's memory instead. See description for details.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Feb 2022 at 10:19 PM
I love the idea of the Fell out of love memory, but I just tested it in my game and it doesn't work due to a conflict with Midgethetree's Romantic Standards mod. I'm not sure why they would conflict since I don't have her "fall out of love fix". Just wanted to let you know in case anyone else can't get the memory to show up, they may have this mod.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 6:48 PM
@ali23, did you run the HCDU? Do you know what file(s) it conflicts with, specifically? Otherwise, tell me more about what you experienced--remember, it will only affect new memories. Or perhaps you accidentally installed her Fall Out of Love Fix elsewhere in your folder?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 4:09 PM
@MescAline, I'm so sorry it took so long to get back to you! No, it doesn't conflict with Tattered Diary (I use it myself). But I did create a version using DiLight's memory instead. See description for details.

I was just passing by here (still looking for memories mod xD). I'm so happy to have had an answer and at the same time to see an adapted version of the mod! THANKS A LOT ! Better late than never :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 8:34 PM
@Phantomknight Hey, inspired by these mods, I'm really interested in making the Sim & Pet Died and Resurrected memories repeatable. Would you kindly be able to tell me how best to go about finding the correct bhavs for these memories and the tweaks I need to make to the bhavs to make them repeatable? Thank you
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 1:17 AM
@BellaDovah I actually gave instructions for how to edit a memory in the mod's main page. See the spoiler titled "If you would like to make a memory edit mod for yourself." Let me know if there's something about that you don't understand.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 2:01 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 2nd Oct 2022 at 3:31 PM.
@BellaDovah I actually gave instructions for how to edit a memory in the mod's main page. See the spoiler titled "If you would like to make a memory edit mod for yourself." Let me know if there's something about that you don't understand.

Oh wow I'm blind! Haha, sorry. Yeah that's super clear, thank you. It seems like its actually super easy. I think I have made the correct changes to the death & resurrection memories so need to test it out, hopefully I don't run into the duplicate problem you had with the enemies one. I have some other ideas like selling a masterpiece and great novel too so this is exciting

Update: The Sim Death one (not pet) does not seem to be working, it won't repeat, at least not when using the BHAVs from nocorruptdeath as a base
Alchemist
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 7:18 PM
Hmm, @BellaDovah I'm not sure what's wrong, though I suspect you might be editing the wrong part of the mod. Try posting about it in the Creator Feedback Forum. Someone there might be able to help you out.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 5:24 AM
Hi Phantom! I ran into an installation problem; I believe I have everything for "Fell Out of Love" memories to show up negatively, but for some reason they're still green. I was playing with The Pleasants and Mary-Sue and Daniel woohooed and fell in love before she found him cheating, and her memory was positive. I tried to go into Sim PE and make it negative (0x0004) but it was null/blank ( -- was the placeholder for the memory in the game). I do have Romantic Standards fell out of love memory fix by Midge in, but idk if that would be conflicting? I will test to see if thats the problem with a new family however. Thank you!

MICAHMicah
Page 1 of 2