Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 365 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 6:19 PM
Default Fresh food levels
Hi,
How does a refrigerator work in the Sims?

When I check the fridge of a family, the dialog box shows Current Level 184, Fresh Food Level 0 and Total Capacity 200..
SO, what exactly does this mean, they have no fresh food to eat?
If they eat what's in there will they get sick?
How do I get rid of this un-fresh food and restock with fresh?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 6:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Apr 2021 at 6:37 PM.
Level is food bought from the store, Fresh Food is fish and anything they garden. They're counted separately, so the fridge can be empty from food bought from the store but still have fresh food, and vice versa.

Sims can still get milk for babies/toddlers from an empty fridge.

Leftovers you put away in either a sim's inventory or in the fridge (which is really part of the inventory of the household) are counted as separate from the food stock.

There's no "un-fresh" food. Anything you stick in the fridge should keep fresh forever (also true for non-spoiled food still in a sim's inventory, like harvested fruit/fish). The only food that spoils is food that's left to rot outside the fridge (and not put for sale, if you're playing with OFB functions).
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 8:40 PM
I don't think you can get bottles from an empty fridge. It's just that they are less food points than actual food, so sometimes you can get a bottle when you're not able to prepare a meal.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 8:57 PM
No, I think it's free; I installed a mod to prevent that issue.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 9:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Level is food bought from the store, Fresh Food is fish and anything they garden. They're counted separately, so the fridge can be empty from food bought from the store but still have fresh food, and vice versa.

Sims can still get milk for babies/toddlers from an empty fridge.

Leftovers you put away in either a sim's inventory or in the fridge (which is really part of the inventory of the household) are counted as separate from the food stock.

There's no "un-fresh" food. Anything you stick in the fridge should keep fresh forever (also true for non-spoiled food still in a sim's inventory, like harvested fruit/fish). The only food that spoils is food that's left to rot outside the fridge (and not put for sale, if you're playing with OFB functions).


Excellent simmer22. I understand now, thank you.
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:41 AM
I think fresh fish doesn't actually count as food points in the fridge - an EA bug.
Once fish is loaded into the fridge, it seems to vanish. Better to sell or cook it. straight from inventory.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 1:05 AM
Um - that's not true at all. If a sim has fish in inventory, and the cooking points to know how to cook it, they get it in an option when preparing a meal from the fridge; but if they put the fish into the fridge, any sim with the requisite cooking points who has access to that fridge can cook a fish meal.

It's true that if you stick a rainbow trout into the fridge, and no one in the house has the cooking points to prepare it, it will not appear as an option; but if it's in inventory, the person with it in inventory can't get it as an option, either. Because that's quite a few cooking points. Six, I think? I could be wrong - can't remember numbers.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 1:21 AM
Fresh food does count as food points - all the fridges in my neighborhood function exclusively on fresh food and they all work fine.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 1:41 AM
They can cook even if there's just fresh food, and fresh food add "sparkles" to the food. Fresh food is quite a bit more filling, so they'll overeat more easily.

They need to have the particular fishes to cook the special fish dishes. Cooking points are 0-bass/2-catfish/4-rainbow trout/6-golden trout. I think a couple can be grilled, too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvan22
Hi,
How does a refrigerator work in the Sims?

When I check the fridge of a family, the dialog box shows Current Level 184, Fresh Food Level 0 and Total Capacity 200..
SO, what exactly does this mean, they have no fresh food to eat?
If they eat what's in there will they get sick?
How do I get rid of this un-fresh food and restock with fresh?


Grow produce like tomatoes, stock the fridge with them-this gives you fresh food.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 1st May 2021 at 3:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
They can cook even if there's just fresh food, and fresh food add "sparkles" to the food. Fresh food is quite a bit more filling, so they'll overeat more easily.

They need to have the particular fishes to cook the special fish dishes. Cooking points are 0-bass/2-catfish/4-rainbow trout/6-golden trout. I think a couple can be grilled, too.


My sims never overeat. They stop eating once their hunger is full and their food always sparkles.
And as for the stock in the fridge, if you have fresh food in the fridge, the level of food never changes. My sims never buy food and the level has never changed. When my sims leave their parent's home, they take fresh food with them to stock their fridge.
My favorite sims is a hunter and uses Sun&Moon's Game's Afoot http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=7315 and, Sun&Moon's Gone fishing http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10251 to get fresh meat then uses Sun&Moon's Butcher stations http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=9917 to cut up the meat and the Sun&Moon's Preservation Practices http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10642 to preserve the meat. Right now he has over 55,000 fresh food points in his fridge and his level of food is still at 350, He loves to hunt and fish but his fresh food points are so high, he has been giving them away to his girlfriend, family and friends. Right now I am thinking of building him a butcher shop so he can sell the meat.
And he still fishes Maxi's way to grill fish for dinner. And he is the town's artist (this is why he don't own a butcher shop yet, he owns a studio).
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:56 PM
I think there ia a GUIDE TO FRESH POINTS FOOD text on LEEFISH sims site. The autor did calculation about harvestable crops and fish + TROPICAL FRUITS conversions. Pretty detailed text.
What do I lack?
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th May 2021 at 2:58 PM
@Lena88 Do you have a link, please?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th May 2021 at 3:00 PM
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8594 here you go.

In the text you also have the link of TROPICAL FRUITS CONVERSIONS
What do I lack?
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th May 2021 at 4:05 PM
Thank you, very useful!

This seems to agree with @aelflaed 's post:
Quote:
That's not an error. Contrary to the misguided opinions of more than one Simmer out there, Stocking fish does not add to a refrigerator's Fresh Food Points!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Alchemist
#16 Old 7th May 2021 at 5:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
This seems to agree with @aelflaed 's post:


That's probably where I saw the information, and probably doesn't discount cooking a meal from stocked fish - that may still work as advertised, I can't remember testing that aspect.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Back to top