Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 5:35 PM
Default WCIF a mod that changes the romantic reputation system?
I'm looking for a mod that changes the tuning of romantic reputation so that having multiple romantic interests doesn't count as cheating unless said Sim is going steady with someone.

I do not think it makes sense that TS3 treats romantic interests as exclusive relationships. A Sim who has multiple RIs can confess to cheating to one of them which makes no sense to me. I don't think romantic interests should affect a Sim's romantic reputation so that a Sim may get a Cheater reputation if they have multiple crushes. Now, if a Sim is in a committed relationship and still has multiple romantic interests, that should count as cheating/being naughty. I also don't think it's realistic that even if a Sim was monogamous (as in has never cheated on their partners) but has a history of multiple past relationships, they get the Naughty rep. In real life, one might have more than ten different partners over the course of life.

I know there is a mod out there that attempts to fix this, but it has last been updated for the University patch, and people have reported it not working in their 1.67/1.69 games. I think I've tried this mod myself and as far as I can remember, it was ineffective indeed. I have checked Simsasylum but found no mods like this.

I am willing to learn modding if there really are no mods for this out there.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 9:28 PM
If you use Woohooer from Nrass you can disable romantic interest on kiss.
Which means sims will only become a romantic interest if you confess feelings.
Its the only work around I know of.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:00 PM
The way I see it, a romantic interest is a Sim your Sim is dating. The stage in the courting process before becoming official if the relationship progresses to that point. A trial period to see compatibility or incompatibility so as to not waste time getting too involved with the wrong one. I don't know about all the different cultural differences pertaining to accepted dating etiquette out there in the world but when you date someone it is usually considered an exclusive and often times a romantic relationship.

Which is why in TS3 having more than one romantic interest finding out about another will cause the Sim(s) to be upset because of the breach of dating exclusivity despite not being an official couple. How might someone feel if the person they were dating were also seeing others romantically despite not being official?

With certain mods players can direct Sims to have one-night stands/casual woohoo/free-love. Though I think it's already in the game but only under the A.I. autonomous actions if one pays close attention to the psychology of their Sims.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:17 PM
I don't see romantic interest as dating really. Asking them to go steady makes them boyfriend/girlfriend and puts them in a relationship. Before that if you go on dates with 1 or even more people it isn't cheating as you haven't committed yet to 1 person, once you have committed then yes it is all cheating.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 1:29 AM Last edited by MrFatCat : 21st Apr 2021 at 8:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ladysparrow20
I'm looking for a mod that changes the tuning of romantic reputation so that having multiple romantic interests doesn't count as cheating unless said Sim is going steady with someone.

I do not think it makes sense that TS3 treats romantic interests as exclusive relationships. A Sim who has multiple RIs can confess to cheating to one of them which makes no sense to me. I don't think romantic interests should affect a Sim's romantic reputation so that a Sim may get a Cheater reputation if they have multiple crushes. Now, if a Sim is in a committed relationship and still has multiple romantic interests, that should count as cheating/being naughty. I also don't think it's realistic that even if a Sim was monogamous (as in has never cheated on their partners) but has a history of multiple past relationships, they get the Naughty rep. In real life, one might have more than ten different partners over the course of life.

I know there is a mod out there that attempts to fix this, but it has last been updated for the University patch, and people have reported it not working in their 1.67/1.69 games. I think I've tried this mod myself and as far as I can remember, it was ineffective indeed. I have checked Simsasylum but found no mods like this.

I am willing to learn modding if there really are no mods for this out there.

Regarding this mod - Romantic Reputation Recombobulator - V2.1.1.
This mod is not more than tweak, so I checked with 1.67 and update.
File updated to 1.67 is attached.
Please report if it is work fine.

Actually the original version must work fine too, or check out if any other mods using XML RomanceVisibilityState.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  MFC_RomanceVisibilityStateRRRv2.1.1.7z (5.4 KB, 85 downloads)
Description: MFC_RomanceVisibilityState aka RRRv2.1.1

Welcome to Sim-Tropico!

More about Sim-Tropico:

Sim-Tropico_blog
Sim-Tropico_tumblr

Happy simming!