Replies: 45 (Who?), Viewed: 1124 times.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 12:24 PM Last edited by BagelTheDog : 28th Apr 2021 at 12:53 AM.
Default DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE - The Sims 2 Bodyshop Demo Disk - Pre-release Videos and Images
THE .ISO IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD. PLEASE JUMP TO MY LAST COMMENT

I'm wondering if there's a dump of the images and videos from the beta bodyshop disk online?

I found my old beta bodyshop disk, and along with (a very limited version of) bodyshop it has a bunch of pre-release screenshots, videos and wallpapers. There's some images I don't think I've seen online on there.

I haven't been able to find much info on the beta disk online, but I'd thought I'd ask before dumping a bunch of images here.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:46 AM
I've decided to upload the videos from the Body Shop CD.
Most of them are just trailers, but the last 2 contain gameplay footage of an early version of the game and a flyaround of Riverside.







I will also upload the pre-release images to here later. I found them quite interesting.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 8:09 AM
I suggest you use Internet Archive if you want to upload the full .iso image of the disk, that way more people can reach it, too.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 8:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsoC
I suggest you use Internet Archive if you want to upload the full .iso image of the disk, that way more people can reach it, too.

Yeah, good idea. I was planning on uploading it to Google Drive, but your idea would be better. I'll add a link here once that's done.
I'd thought I'd post the images and videos here first for people who don't want to download the .iso, but still want to view/download the files.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 4:36 AM
I loved watching those videos when I was little, I think that in Spain that cd came with the official guide of the sims 1. I always liked what I saw of the previous version of the sims 2. The menu and lighting looked appealing and different from what we got. (The game is still great though).

I have the vague memory of Will Wright playing in that red-haired family in Riverside where the husband cheated on his wife with Dina and his sister-in-law ran to tell the gossip causing absolute drama. I dreamed it? That function does not exist in the normal game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 5:08 AM
@Sokisims, was it this vid?


SCREENSHOTS:

Anyway, I'd thought I'd post the screenshots next. I believe some of these screenshots can be found online, but I've found that these ones are higher quality and have a less intrusive watermark.
I'm not sure how this is going to work as MTS's rules state only 4 images can be inline, and the disk came with 94 screenshots, but oh well.

Image 1: SIMS2pcSCRNbabythrow.jpg


Image 2: SIMS2pcSCRNbathroom.jpg


Image 3: SIMS2pcSCRNbedroom.jpg


Image 4: SIMS2pcSCRNbodyshop001.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 5:30 AM
Yes, but the part where Dina and the man go to a kind of hut near the pool, the sister-in-law catches them and goes to tell her sister about it is missing. What a shock that it's not like that, total mandela effect. Are there no more videos of that family? I clearly remember that moment when they kissed in the little hut and the sister-in-law ran to tell about it after catching them. If what I say is true, we are talking about a forgotten function.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 5:49 AM
@Sokisims, I found it!


Anyway more screenshots:

Screenshot 5: SIMS2pcSCRNbodyshop001A.jpg


Screenshot 6: SIMS2pcSCRNbodyshop002.jpg


Screenshot 7: SIMS2pcSCRNbodyshop003.jpg


Screenshot 8: SIMS2pcSCRNbusted.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 5:58 AM
Marvelous!! Now I'm not sure if that function of telling the gossip about infidelity to your sister happens randomly or if the game really broke / forgot that very realistic and fantastic function. I'm not sure if it happened to me at my own game.


About the screenshots, I know that many hairstyles were unfinished, but there are some that seem exclusive and it is a pity that in the end they were not. I always wanted more hairstyles in the game -.-



I want these hairstyles in my base game !!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 6:17 AM
@Sokisims, sorry about mentioning you so much.
Apparently this walkthrough was all scripted, and it was never a thing in the game. Notice how the sims in this video and Will's video act pretty similar? I guess it's industry standard to enhance the truth a bit when showing off your games. Ever see Half-Life 2's E3 presentation? Or anything that Bethesda puts out?
I do wish that this level of interactions was in the game, though.

As for hairstyles, there are plenty of cc recreations. I'm pretty sure there's a few WCIF threads for them.

MORE SCREENSHOTS!
I'm going to start posting 6 screenies per post. That's right! I'm breaking the rules! No, but seriously these images are less than a megabyte and I'm pretty sure the amount of data people use on the internet has changed since 2009. And I've got 94 of them!

Image 9: SIMS2pcSCRNcaress.jpg


Image 10: SIMS2pcSCRNcalltodoodie.jpg


Image 11: SIMS2pcSCRNcas.jpg


Image 12: SIMS2pcSCRNcheercamp.jpg


Image 13: SIMS2pcSCRNcinematickiss.jpg


Image 14: SIMS2pcSCRNd47.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 6:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelTheDog
@Sokisims, sorry about mentioning you so much.
Apparently this walkthrough was all scripted, and it was never a thing in the game. Notice how the sims in this video and Will's video act pretty similar? I guess it's industry standard to enhance the truth a bit when showing off your games. Ever see Half-Life 2's E3 presentation? Or anything that Bethesda puts out?
I do wish that this level of interactions was in the game, though.


Ok so I really need a mod that replicates what we see in that video #drama
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:39 AM
EVEN MORE SCREENSHOTS

Image 15: SIMS2pcSCRNdeck.jpg


Image 16: SIMS2pcSCRNdorm001.jpg


Image 17: SIMS2pcSCRNdorm002.jpg


Image 18: SIMS2pcSCRNdotingtoys.jpg


Image 19: SIMS2pcSCRNdreamsfortune.jpg


Image 20: SIMS2pcSCRNdreamsknowledge1.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:24 PM
It's like I'm getting nostalgic about a game that I still play. I know everybody has their favorite Sims game, but for me, The Sims 2 is soooooo good.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 3:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
It's like I'm getting nostalgic about a game that I still play. I know everybody has their favorite Sims game, but for me, The Sims 2 is soooooo good.

Personally my fav is 3, but I do love The Sims 2 a lot. It's very nostalgic for me as it was my first Sims game.

YOU GUESSED IT, MORE SCREENSHOTS.
These are my last screenshots for today. Come back tomorrow, and there'll be more.

Image 21: SIMS2pcSCRNdreamsknowledge2.jpg


Image 22: SIMS2pcSCRNdreamsromance2.jpg


Image 23: SIMS2pcSCRNextremealienbaby.jpg


Image 24: SIMS2pcSCRNextremesburglar.jpg


Image 25: SIMS2pcSCRNextremesmoplover.jpg


Image 26: SIMS2pcSCRNfame.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 4:23 PM
Thank you for these high quality pictures.. I am.. Speechless.

Call me Seth!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 5:28 PM
I remember a lot of those screens from when I was a kid.
I remember people got really exited at the ones that made it look like you could visit and/or play a military school (for those who don't know Sim children who got a failing grade where "sent to a military school" in Sims 1), the ones that made it look like your Sim could grow weed (the one with the teenager using the slacker career reward) and the ones that made it look like you could be a celebrity (the lady walking down a "red carpet" with "body guards" surrounding her).
Someone from Maxis actually had to make a statement that those screens were just somebody from the advertisement getting overly creative. Good times

Avatar by MasterRed
Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:48 AM
Regarding the "sim can find out about cheating through gossip" feature that was present in the developer walkthrough with the Baxter family, I can state as a fact that that feature WAS actually in the game, and it worked. A twitter thread (HERE) with a Sims 2 game developer confirmed this was actually in the game and working, but the feature was removed/disabled entirely because sims would react at random to gossip they'd learned, but there was no indicator as to what they were reacting to. For example, if Joe Sim peed his pants and Jane Sim found out about Joe's bladder failure via gossip, Jane would point and laugh at Joe the next time she saw him. But the player wouldn't know why Jane was laughing, since there wasn't any indicator of her laughing due to the gossip.

Personally, I think this could have been easily solved by having a thought bubble of the referenced gossip memory pop up when a sim reacts to another sim because of overheard gossip. The gossip feature is still in the game, but sims are not able to react to other sims after hearing the gossip anymore, so it's functionally useless and just generates junk invisible gossip memories.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:29 AM
@Modder
Ah, yes. Gossip tokens. The bane of many corrupted neighbourhoods.
It's interesting how that was in the game but they just decided to remove it. Your idea of the memory speech bubble is good, but I also think the way The Sims 3 handled gossip with a dialogue pop-up in the corner could have been another solution.

TIME FOR MORE SCREENSHOTS!
Image 27: SIMS2pcSCRNfamily.jpg


Image 28: SIMS2pcSCRNfamilyfun.jpg


Image 29: SIMS2pcSCRNfamilypoolparty.jpg


Image 30: SIMS2pcSCRNfartinggrandpa.jpg


Image 31: SIMS2pcSCRNfirststepszoomed.jpg


Image 32: SIMS2pcSCRNflirtcabana.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modder
Regarding the "sim can find out about cheating through gossip" feature that was present in the developer walkthrough with the Baxter family, I can state as a fact that that feature WAS actually in the game, and it worked. A twitter thread (HERE) with a Sims 2 game developer confirmed this was actually in the game and working, but the feature was removed/disabled entirely because sims would react at random to gossip they'd learned, but there was no indicator as to what they were reacting to. For example, if Joe Sim peed his pants and Jane Sim found out about Joe's bladder failure via gossip, Jane would point and laugh at Joe the next time she saw him. But the player wouldn't know why Jane was laughing, since there wasn't any indicator of her laughing due to the gossip.

Personally, I think this could have been easily solved by having a thought bubble of the referenced gossip memory pop up when a sim reacts to another sim because of overheard gossip. The gossip feature is still in the game, but sims are not able to react to other sims after hearing the gossip anymore, so it's functionally useless and just generates junk invisible gossip memories.



Do you think that today it would be possible to add this function to the game correctly? (with thought bubbles pertaining to gossip) Such a mod would bring a lot of life to the game, especially with infidelities and secrets. Being a broken / eliminated function, perhaps there are already the bases to carry it out. (I don't know anything about creating mods)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 11:11 AM
@Sokisims
I have a small, small amount of modding expertise (I made some crappy hacked objects and tuning mods. I musta corrupted my game 40 times messing around in SimPE), but I'm not sure if it's possible.
If it could be done, it would require someone with a large amount of knowledge about modding and the way the game works.
I'd guess it also would depend on how much of the function is left in the game. But even that's not a guarantee that it would work.
There was someone trying to add in the scrapped Big Boss scenario from the remnants in the game files. If I remember correctly they did manage to add it back in, but was extremely buggy and nothing really came from it.
It also requires modding of systems I'm not sure can be modded. I'm not even sure tokens can be modded. I don't think I've heard of a mod that messes with them.

But what do I know? Hopefully some modding genius will come to this thread and say it can be done.

SCREENSHOTS
Image 33: SIMS2pcSCRNfortune.jpg


Image 34: SIMS2pcSCRNg2.jpg


Image 35: SIMS2pcSCRNgameon.jpg


Image 36: SIMS2pcSCRNgenes1.jpg


Image 37: SIMS2pcSCRNgenesnormal1.jpg


Image 38: SIMS2pcSCRNguysfight.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 2:27 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 24th Apr 2021 at 2:39 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelTheDog
@Sokisims
I have a small, small amount of modding expertise (I made some crappy hacked objects and tuning mods. I musta corrupted my game 40 times messing around in SimPE), but I'm not sure if it's possible.
If it could be done, it would require someone with a large amount of knowledge about modding and the way the game works.
I'd guess it also would depend on how much of the function is left in the game. But even that's not a guarantee that it would work.
There was someone trying to add in the scrapped Big Boss scenario from the remnants in the game files. If I remember correctly they did manage to add it back in, but was extremely buggy and nothing really came from it.
It also requires modding of systems I'm not sure can be modded. I'm not even sure tokens can be modded. I don't think I've heard of a mod that messes with them.

But what do I know? Hopefully some modding genius will come to this thread and say it can be done.


Too bad about the boss, I found it really interesting and I think it would add new objectives and dynamics. I like to invite the principal for the private school. Pleasing the boss or sleeping with him would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelTheDog
I've decided to upload the videos from the Body Shop CD.
Most of them are just trailers, but the last 2 contain gameplay footage of an early version of the game and a flyaround of Riverside.




I love how chaotic and politically incorrect this looks, I wish the sims 4 were like this. Arg, I can't bear to see such cool animations of kids breaking things when it's just teaser. I also always missed that fame was not more developed as we can see in this trailer. I love making movie or music stars and they really don't seem to be xD It's a shame that EA ended the game production before it could be even more developed and deep, from what I read a lot of money was invested in the team and that's why it ended up having so many details despite not being really finished and coming out in a time in which there were no updates beyond those that came in each expansion.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:01 PM
SCREENSHOTS
Alright, final one for tonight.

Image 39: SIMS2pcSCRNguystrut.jpg


Image 40: SIMS2pcSCRNhappyboy.jpg


Image 41: SIMS2pcSCRNjumpgrumpy.jpg


Image 42: SIMS2pcSCRNkissuparm.jpg


Image 43: SIMS2pcSCRNleavingpool.jpg


Image 44: SIMS2pcSCRNlivingroom.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 4:04 AM
SCREENSHOTS (We're halfway there.)

Image 45: SIMS2pcSCRNmansion.jpg


Image 46: SIMS2pcSCRNmoneytree2.jpg


Image 47: SIMS2pcSCRNoutdoorchat.jpg


Image 48: SIMS2pcSCRNpalace.jpg


Image 49: SIMS2pcSCRNpcgamer.jpg


Image 50: SIMS2pcSCRNpinkiss.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 11:28 AM
SCREENSHOTS
Oh dear, triple posting. I do try to limit myself to three posts a day. Anyway, here's more screenshots.

Image 51: SIMS2pcSCRNpizzaparty.jpg


Image 52: SIMS2pcSCRNplayingtag.jpg


Image 53: SIMS2pcSCRNpolygraph.jpg


Image 54: SIMS2pcSCRNpool001.jpg


Image 55: SIMS2pcSCRNpool002.jpg


Image 56: SIMS2pcSCRNpoolparty001.jpg
Screenshots

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
1001001
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:46 PM
@BagelTheDog Thanks for these! I've seen most of them before uploaded to other sites, but not nearly such good resolution. Great pictures and videos!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Page 1 of 2
Back to top