Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tileable Items Shader FIX

by simsi45 Posted 30th Apr 2021 at 2:22 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2021 at 7:18 PM by simsi45

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 3:55 PM
Thank you. Your lighting mods are making the game look significantly better little by little and I look forward for more!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 5:44 PM
I've always been bothered by this "glitch." But I didn't know it could be fixed by changing the shader. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:45 PM
This is real passion, I have been looking at this annoyance all my life, without exaggeration, with resignation and a frown, so thank you very much, once again!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st May 2021 at 12:38 PM
Very, very nice. One day someone will figure out how to make outdoor lighting travel between different levels. Until then this'll keep me happy just as well.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd May 2021 at 2:16 PM
Super fascinating as the lighting seems more realistic overall (i.e. back faces of objects are more realistically lit)- I wonder if this also could be applied to non-tiling objects as well, like tvs or chairs?

Thank you anyways!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2021 at 6:21 PM
@jje1000 It actually could! The shader definitely seems to react better to lighting, however there are limitations that I found the most important is that it doesn't support transparent textures (or maybe I haven't figured it out yet) Plus someone would have to manually change it for all objects which would be a hassle to say the least.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd May 2021 at 11:35 AM
Thank you, this is fantastic! It's always bugged me that you have to place multiple lights to get even lighting, with bookcases!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd May 2021 at 7:44 PM
I love you, my Lord and Saviour.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th May 2021 at 1:15 AM
Nice! Glad to see this game still has people like you making little things for it!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th May 2021 at 7:27 PM
Absolutely amazing. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2021 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsi45
@jje1000 It actually could! The shader definitely seems to react better to lighting, however there are limitations that I found the most important is that it doesn't support transparent textures (or maybe I haven't figured it out yet) Plus someone would have to manually change it for all objects which would be a hassle to say the least.

Hmm, definitely an issue that I guess limits the number of objects that can be fixed...

One other question- I wonder if these shader changes could potentially be applied to fences and stairs as well?

I was reading this thread and I thought of your mod: https://modthesims.info/showthread....8&cb=1621101771
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th May 2021 at 7:59 PM
Thanks for working on the lighting/shaders! I've hoped for innovations in this area!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th May 2021 at 11:07 PM
@jje1000 Funnily enough this was something I attempted before I even started working on this mod. Fences are very tricky as they use their own shader named "fence" so I've tried switching their shaders to different ones but they are completely broken. Even if they didn't break I found out that the counter shader (that I used in this mod) doesn't work in outdoor spaces (in other words smooth lighting in outdoor spaces is nonexistent) This MIGHT be able to be fixed if we ever manage to crack the shaders and edit them ourselves!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd May 2022 at 8:52 PM
This mod breaks the Holo-Register from Into the Future, I'm guessing because it sits across multiple counter tiles.

With the mod in, the interaction cancels after your sim talks to the cashier. With the mod removed, the buy window pops up as intended.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd May 2022 at 8:59 PM
Ok, maybe not...it worked when I removed it, then I put it back to test if it didn't work, and it didn't, but now upon removing it again it still doesn't work.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 9:01 AM
Default Not working (29/08/2023)
Not working (29/08/2023)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Jan 2024 at 2:53 PM
Useful - thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 12:10 AM
Great, great! Thank you so much! <3