Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Control Dining Plate and Bowl Colors

by omglo Posted 2nd May 2021 at 6:05 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2021 at 2:14 PM by omglo

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd May 2021 at 7:16 PM
Wow! This is quite literally a game changer. I've never installed any plate defaults, because it'd just be too weird to have the same plate everywhere. I immediately know which ones I want. How exciting!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd May 2021 at 8:55 PM
This is amazing! Great job
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2021 at 11:33 PM
Aww yiss, very happy to see this finally available to everyone! I'd been using the test version and was eagerly awaiting the day I could recommend this to people!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd May 2021 at 12:03 AM
Ah I was wondering if anyone would get round to this - thanks, that's great
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd May 2021 at 7:50 AM
I am guessing with Deedee Sims polka dot mix and match default, that only one colour can be used in each colour slot?

Also is it easy enough to change the spelling on this mod? I can't stand to see the American spelling of 'color' sorry!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2021 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I am guessing with Deedee Sims polka dot mix and match default, that only one colour can be used in each colour slot?

Also is it easy enough to change the spelling on this mod? I can't stand to see the American spelling of 'color' sorry!
@joandsarah77 you can change the catalog description and the catalog location, but that's it.

Yes, only one color can be used in each spot. If there's enough interest, I can release a non repository bowl so people can have seven plate choices and the option of seven completely different bowl colors.
Inventor
#8 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:51 PM
Do you think this is possible with other dishes like the cups, espresso glasses, mugs, etc? I know some people who would be very interested in that.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:21 AM
This is genius! I can't wait to make sets of plates for my different classes! THANK YOU!!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
Do you think this is possible with other dishes like the cups, espresso glasses, mugs, etc? I know some people who would be very interested in that.

Yep, definitely possible.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th May 2021 at 1:57 AM
Fabulous! I swear, Sims 2 just keeps on getting better and better.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th May 2021 at 3:28 PM
How cool! Thank you for sharing :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th May 2021 at 1:41 AM
When making recolours, the patterns on the bowl the sims eats from wrap around oddly, not matching how it shows on the control bowl. I would add a picture but can't do this here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th May 2021 at 3:35 AM
When making recolours, the patterns on the bowl the sims eats from wrap around oddly, not matching how it shows on the control bowl. I would add a picture but can't do this here.

Send me a pm or message on tumblr, preferably with a link to the texture. The control bowl is the exact same mesh Sims eat from, so I'm not sure off hand why you're having trouble.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th May 2021 at 7:51 PM
I love this!
Unfortunately I found that Equation's Wooden Dinnerware (https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=276325) doesn't work nicely with your creation. Even if you load the Wooden Dinnerware first, it still overwrites the single dinner plate. Maybe because there is also a GMDC in that package. Defaults that are only texture-replacements work perfectly.
Just wanted to let you know.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th May 2021 at 8:16 PM
Thank you for this. Now I have a bunch of default colors and change which is on for each family before beginning to play. How lovely to be able to make the change in game so easily. Thanks so much!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th May 2021 at 12:07 AM
Posting the pictures here. This is the same pattern on a plate, control bowl and eating bowl to show the changes that happen with the pattern.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2021 at 1:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I'll be looking into the issues and seeing what can be done about them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 6th May 2021 at 2:36 AM
Here is the texture I used on that recolour. The warping looked the same in both 512 and 256 size.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th May 2021 at 10:59 AM
I am really pleased to see this uploaded!

Thanks, Omglo. Now, I will have fun deciding which 7 textures make the cut.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th May 2021 at 11:54 AM
The one downside to this is that the Serving Plates/Bowls don't take on the chosen recolours, but this is a real gamechanging and awesome mod so that small flaw can be overlooked and accepted.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th May 2021 at 12:35 PM
Here is the texture I used on that recolour. The warping looked the same in both 512 and 256 size.

Thanks I have this now, and I'm going to be working on it as time permits.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th May 2021 at 3:45 PM
Great mod ! I love it ! Thanks !
I've done something quite like that about mugs but I was too ambitious as I wanted to change the shape too. Result : too much files to download. When I see your mod, I think I might upload it anyway but with a color change only version.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd May 2021 at 6:23 AM
This has been a long time coming as they say. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th May 2021 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Thanks for the feedback, I'll be looking into the issues and seeing what can be done about them.

I tested this out a little (made my own version with 7 defaults) and can confirm the problem with the bowls. depending on the pattern of the plate, the bowl will or will not look messed up.

the bowls will look correct with plates that are just one color or with a simple pattern around the rim, but if there's any kind of pattern across the whole plate, it will look twisted and stretched out on the bowl. not even deedee's plates with the simple polka dot pattern look normal on the bowl.
Page 1 of 2