Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th May 2021 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello 8265jww
Sorry to read you are having problems.
I save my frequently visited websites to Favorites and Mod The Sims has been listed for a number of years now. Although this website is being updated fairly regularly at the moment, it has not affected my ability to access my website link nor to log in. Even when I open a second page for this site (if I need to make a reference to it), the second page still recognizes I am logged in.

Can you be more specific about the 'new page' - is it the Welcome Screen? When did it actually ask you to log in again - on another page? If so, which one?
When you visit the web page, do you accept the cookies?

You can log in to the site at any page - not the first time I have gone straight to downloads and realized I am not logged in.
As far as I know the MTS website does not log you out for staying on the same page for any length of time - for me, I can be ages on Tutorials.
I hope this gets sorted for you.

I access the site on more than one gadget. I have the downloads SIMs 4 page saved as bookmark and it says I am logged in because it has my links at the top right but I still get a pop-up asking me to log in. This despite I have pop-ups blocked. This only happens on Safari.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#27 Old 8th May 2021 at 12:54 PM
MTS has never had popups asking to login.  If you see your name in the top right then you are already logged in.  We've also tested it extensively in Safari (all of the dev work happens on a Mac)

Can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing?  

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th May 2021 at 3:33 PM
Having just visited this page and gone through the tutorial, I really like the new format...Like all new things, it will take some time to get everything working correctly and getting used to it. Sorry that others are having trouble, but letting them know what's working and what's not will result in the site working as it should. Would you throw out a new pair of shoes if you are not used to them after wearing them only once? I'd highly doubt it... That could be said about the new format...try it out more than once and just see. (my own personal advice)
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th May 2021 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
I have gone back to the old appearance as I can’t solve the log in problem with the update.

how does one go back to the old site design? Ive been having issues as well since the redesign
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#30 Old 9th May 2021 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smallpandas
how does one go back to the old site design? Ive been having issues as well since the redesign
What issues, specifically? We can't fix them if we don't know about them!

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th May 2021 at 1:22 PM
yeah not really feeling it either i like the new sidebar but the new grid is confusing. Also not really mobile compatible too >.<
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th May 2021 at 3:36 PM Last edited by 8265jww : 9th May 2021 at 4:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
MTS has never had popups asking to login.  If you see your name in the top right then you are already logged in.  We've also tested it extensively in Safari (all of the dev work happens on a Mac)

Can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing?  

A pop up appears across the bottom of the screen saying log in to Mod the sims info? followed by use and then my user name. My name doesn’t appear at the top of the page it just says my links. It’s the same on whatever browser I use.

I think I’ve fixed it myself. I deleted the bookmark that went straight to the download page which I always used for years and saved as a bookmark the welcome to mod the sims page. Result, Fixed. No idea why and no idea why no-one else seems to have had this bother, unless everyone always went straight to the welcome screen except me!!

Nope, I was wrong. If I move from the welcome screen to a downloads page I still get the pop up mentioned above, although I remain logged in. If I pretend I’m not logged in and log in I get my name filled in the search box which I don’t want, as I don’t want to search for myself.

I’ve searched for a solution for this and no-one but me seems to have had this bother. I shall stay with the old design. That works perfectly. Thanks for try to help.
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th May 2021 at 6:53 PM
Is it possible to make the new design more mobile friendly? Currently the sidebar takes 1/3 of the page on my tablet device which makes the downloads a bit hard to see (at least with my bad eyes). I would love it if there was a toggle to hide the sidebar similar to the one that allows you to flip it similar to the way it is on phone devices. Although, in terms of phone devices, I think there’s an issue with the layout not fitting the whole page (I did have to zoom in to fit everything on screen though).
Screenshots
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th May 2021 at 12:58 PM
i don't like the new layout i miss the old layout could you do let us choose which one we can use
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#35 Old 10th May 2021 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 10th May 2021 at 7:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MegaNerd
Is it possible to make the new design more mobile friendly? Currently the sidebar takes 1/3 of the page on my tablet device which makes the downloads a bit hard to see (at least with my bad eyes). I would love it if there was a toggle to hide the sidebar similar to the one that allows you to flip it similar to the way it is on phone devices. Although, in terms of phone devices, I think there’s an issue with the layout not fitting the whole page (I did have to zoom in to fit everything on screen though).
How big is your tablet screen in terms of resolution?  For very small devices there is actually a sidebar toggle, but for modern tablets with much larger screens it doesn't activate.  If I know more details I can customise the layout a bit.

Also, just to add, while I realise that phone/tablet users browse, that's not the majority of users.  Probably 90%+ are on desktop according to analytics, so while I will do some mobile improvements, it's more important to fix bugs etc.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#36 Old 10th May 2021 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
A pop up appears across the bottom of the screen saying log in to Mod the sims info? followed by use and then my user name. My name doesn’t appear at the top of the page it just says my links. It’s the same on whatever browser I use.

I think I’ve fixed it myself. I deleted the bookmark that went straight to the download page which I always used for years and saved as a bookmark the welcome to mod the sims page. Result, Fixed. No idea why and no idea why no-one else seems to have had this bother, unless everyone always went straight to the welcome screen except me!!

Nope, I was wrong. If I move from the welcome screen to a downloads page I still get the pop up mentioned above, although I remain logged in. If I pretend I’m not logged in and log in I get my name filled in the search box which I don’t want, as I don’t want to search for myself.

I’ve searched for a solution for this and no-one but me seems to have had this bother. I shall stay with the old design. That works perfectly. Thanks for try to help.
I would need to see a screenshot to be able to help you further and to track down where it's going wrong.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th May 2021 at 6:47 PM
I’m sorry, but I’m having trouble with the new layout too and also would like to opt out.

Please hear me out: let’s say I want to look for more TS3 mods by a particular user. I’m on their profile page, and because there aren’t any filters, I can’t filter out the Sims 4 mods, which are irrelevant to me. I click on “Game Mods”, and I’m presented with “Newest Downloads”, “Updated Downloads”, “Popular Downloads”, “Featured Downloads”, and “Picked Downloads”. It may not sound like it, but it’s a bit much all at once. All I want to do is look through their Sims 3 mods in the order that they were published in. I clicked on “See more Newest”, but again, I can’t filter out the Sims 4 mods… no offense, but are you sure hardly anyone used these? I can’t imagine I was the only one who filtered out downloads that weren’t for the game I was looking for!

I can’t imagine how much work was put into this – I imagine quite a bit! – but the old layout was much simpler, and even if I change the layout to “Small Grid”, “Small List”, or “Small Dual”, it feels claustrophobic. Would you please consider giving us a clear way to opt out?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#38 Old 10th May 2021 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
I’m sorry, but I’m having trouble with the new layout too and also would like to opt out.

Please hear me out: let’s say I want to look for more TS3 mods by a particular user. I’m on their profile page, and because there aren’t any filters, I can’t filter out the Sims 4 mods, which are irrelevant to me. I click on “Game Mods”, and I’m presented with “Newest Downloads”, “Updated Downloads”, “Popular Downloads”, “Featured Downloads”, and “Picked Downloads”. It may not sound like it, but it’s a bit much all at once. All I want to do is look through their Sims 3 mods in the order that they were published in. I clicked on “See more Newest”, but again, I can’t filter out the Sims 4 mods… no offense, but are you sure hardly anyone used these? I can’t imagine I was the only one who filtered out downloads that weren’t for the game I was looking for!

I can’t imagine how much work was put into this – I imagine quite a bit! – but the old layout was much simpler, and even if I change the layout to “Small Grid”, “Small List”, or “Small Dual”, it feels claustrophobic. Would you please consider giving us a clear way to opt out?
Just change the game type dropdown at the top of the download browser.  It works even when viewing users downloads, so you can filter by specific games.  (If you remember the tour that first came up, it mentioned how to change the game you are looking at) Of course we would keep the ability to filter games! That's part of the site, after all.  Just because the way you filter (dropdown vs icon) has changed doesn't mean that we haven't "used" it or "tested" it.

Also, I'd like to point out that in the old browser it *also* took you to ALL downloads for that user, it's just instead of an icon to click, now there is a dropdown.  It's a change, yes, but it is does not in any way limit what you can do.  In fact, the new page shows *more* information than the old one, including policy and modding group information.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#39 Old 10th May 2021 at 8:03 PM
Note to thread - if you wish to give constructive feedback and suggest features, you may come on Discord in the #site-feedback channel. Yes, change is sometimes hard, but the new browser has much more modern features and look and feel and we will not be running 2 different download browsers at the same time, thus the old one has been redirected to the new since most of the bugs are gone.

Thread closed.

Locked thread
Page 2 of 2