Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Solid Wood Victorian Table w/chair

by CTNutmegger Posted 28th May 2005 at 11:29 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2005 at 7:45 PM by CTNutmegger : Changed the mesh

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:55 PM
Wow, I didn't even know I had wanted this until I saw it. Good job! Will report back if there's any problems with it.
Thank you for your work.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:58 PM
Thank you! Like m_firestorm, I also didn't realize that I wanted this table without the glass top until I saw this, lol. They look beautiful.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th May 2005 at 12:50 AM
Thank yo so much
Scholar
#5 Old 29th May 2005 at 12:54 AM
These tables look amazing, thanks for making them.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th May 2005 at 1:33 AM
Oh! Thank you very much for the tables! I just needed them and here they are! Thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th May 2005 at 3:40 AM
Been wanting this for a very long time!! Thanks bunches
Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th May 2005 at 5:55 AM
this are amazing, thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th May 2005 at 10:58 AM
Thank you, they are fabulous
Scholar
#10 Old 29th May 2005 at 12:23 PM
Thank you so much for this beautiful work.The way maxis made this victorian table was a huge frustration for me.You fixed the problem!!!! Finally we'll have a gorgeous victorian table!!!
#11 Old 29th May 2005 at 3:00 PM
Thank you so much for the work, you've done) I like this tables much more than Maxis' with glass)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th May 2005 at 10:31 PM
This is great! Mortimer Goth is just dying to have a nice classic table for his manor! The glass is just too modern for his taste! Thanks.

If you're in hell, and are mad at someone,
where do you tell them to go?
RattySim
<:3 )~
Scholar
#13 Old 30th May 2005 at 12:59 AM
the table looks BETTER this way! wow! thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th May 2005 at 7:28 PM
great idea, long time waiting for it...your good!
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st May 2005 at 1:29 AM
I've been looking for this for awhile, just wanted to say thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:12 PM
these are great. just what i've been looking for. thanks
Scholar
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 2:24 AM
love the solid table top - thanks so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:29 AM
the table looks nice but I recently found out that when a sim puts out other plates on table for family members to eat, they are unable to be directed to a plate to be able to eat. Also can not direct a sim to clean up the plates from the table. When i deleted the table and put back the orig. style table it was ok again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 3:17 PM
Quote:
I recently found out that when a sim puts out other plates on table for family members to eat, they are unable to be directed to a plate to be able to eat. Also can not direct a sim to clean up the plates from the table.

I don't know why it would do that, I have the table in my Goth house and they use it with no problem. I just did a test with them doing the exact things in your note and they did them all with no hesitation or faults.

I do know that when a sim sets out a family meal if there are other hungry Sims in the house they will instantly put a marker on the plate of their choice and no other sim will be able to eat it, even if directed to do so. As for cleaning it up sometime they have other things that take priority like being overtired, going to work, needing a bathroom stop, etc., and they will block out all other directions.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you, anyone else having this problem please let me know.

Kathy :D
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 12:15 AM
These are very nice, thanks.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 4:13 AM
These are so beautiful! They are sure to add class to some of my houses...thanks ever so much for sharing!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#22 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 8:20 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 9th Jun 2005 at 5:26 AM. Reason: more info
I had the same serving problem. I'm running w/o university but with the patch. Not only individual bowls not selectable, the actual serving bowl was unselectable, the dirty dishes were unselectable.

I love the table, I hope we can figure out why this is happening. They eat at it fine, but if they don't choose to eat on their own, I can't help them along.

Added info: I went back into my game to a diff house, it worked fine there, exactly as expected. Realized the other house had the table outside, I *think* on a deck. Put a table on a deck, it worked fine. I'm going to keep poking at this and see if I can reproduce the problem. They're beautiful tables! I love them, I so wanted more tables of that size.

*Tig*
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#23 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 8:45 AM
Okay, I've found something, wonder if others can reproduce this in their game!

I'm running patched Sims 2, no uni.

The table's location in the game when I try to grab it in buy mode is off by one square the long way. In that, on one end, I can grab the empty air and get the table, on the other end, I can try grabbing the table leg all I want and select nothing.

The unselectable food depends on the *direction I'm viewing the table from*.
If I view the table from the sides or one end of the table, I can click on plates of food, I can select the serving tray in the center and tell my sims to grab some food. If I turn myself around and approach the table from the other end of the table, I can no longer select anything, it just doesn't respond.

Now you can note that I tend to play my properties from primarily one angle, because at first I had a table 'working' in one house and not in another, lol.

I'm not a super-modder so I have no idea why this object would display this odd behavior, but maybe if it can be reproduced then a solution will be findable

*Tig*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 2:37 PM
Very weird, I wonder if it has anything to do the with version of SimPE that I used or the fact that I have the exansion pack? I've tested the table in my game and have it in several houses with no problem. I really don't know what I can do to change what is happening for you.

Have you tried the original table to see if the same thing happens? When I made it the only things I did was alter the top of the table in Milkshape, reimported the mesh over the original base as a stand alone object (to remove the link for the glasstop effect), and change the GUID so it wouldn't overwrite the original.

:D
Instructor
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:25 AM
I tried to recreate what tiggerypum was saying and it worked fine for myself or I didnt recreate it wellso maybe its an non ep problem because I have the ep installed
Page 1 of 2