Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Minimum Wage Remastered and Realistic

by EvelynnMama Posted 18th Jun 2021 at 1:49 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2022 at 3:50 AM by EvelynnMama

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 10:13 PM
Looks cool!
I'm gonna try this mod out!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 11:25 PM
*Sigh* Do I really want my sims broke? Yes, I think I do. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 12:08 AM
Wow this version of minimum wage looks perfect for my playstyle. Thank you!
Also, does this affect expansion pack careers as well or just base game careers?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 3:09 AM
Thank you! My Sims is level 10 in the medical career. She's bringing home about 4,000 simoleons a day! That's too much. Can't spend it all.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 2:23 AM
I tried this and started a new game, where I had my sim join the culinary career, but it didn't set to $15/hr ????
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PandaMama515
I tried this and started a new game, where I had my sim join the culinary career, but it didn't set to $15/hr ????

Hi! Thank you for downloading How many files deep do you have this mod? I'd recommend only putting it one file deep if you can or even just in the mods folder if possible, if that doesn't help let me know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
*Sigh* Do I really want my sims broke? Yes, I think I do. Thanks!

You're welcome! I thought this was a good balance, the maxis wages are outrageous!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naxolixx
Wow this version of minimum wage looks perfect for my playstyle. Thank you!
Also, does this affect expansion pack careers as well or just base game careers?

This affects all expansion careers except for into the future because while I have it, I just don't use it Thank you for downloading!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 2:41 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've been using Madame Doofie's as well, and came across similar issues, so this is a great compromise.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvelynnMama
Hi! Thank you for downloading How many files deep do you have this mod? I'd recommend only putting it one file deep if you can or even just in the mods folder if possible, if that doesn't help let me know!

I do have it in my mods folder. I started another career to see if it was just the one that was bugged but nope, still no minimum wage
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 4:13 AM
I do have it in my mods folder. I started another career to see if it was just the one that was bugged but nope, still no minimum wage

So this is the file trail for my mod that I have on my computer personally, just in case, Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 3-Mods-Packages. I leave my mod in the packages file by itself, not in an organizing file one file deep. You might have done this too, I don't know, I just want to make sure If you have the mod in that exact place then let me know and I will try and help you figure out the problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 1:51 PM
So this is the file trail for my mod that I have on my computer personally, just in case, Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 3-Mods-Packages. I leave my mod in the packages file by itself, not in an organizing file one file deep. You might have done this too, I don't know, I just want to make sure If you have the mod in that exact place then let me know and I will try and help you figure out the problem.

Yup, same place. I exited the game, removed it, started the game back up, exited again then added it back, started the game up and still not working ???? It must be user error on my part but I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 10:48 PM
Yup, same place. I exited the game, removed it, started the game back up, exited again then added it back, started the game up and still not working ???? It must be user error on my part but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Hmm, have you deleted your cache files recently and cleaned your sims 3 folders of the things it needs to be cleaned of?
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 11:17 AM
Hmm, have you deleted your cache files recently and cleaned your sims 3 folders of the things it needs to be cleaned of?

...no, it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've done that Thank you, I'll see if that does the trick!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 12:05 PM
I wonder if this works with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated mod by SonyaYU? Maxis default wages make everything far too easy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acrox999
I wonder if this works with Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated mod by SonyaYU? Maxis default wages make everything far too easy.

I'd have to test that out and see!
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:20 PM
Hi EvelynnMama, how well does your mod play with the other package files from Madam Doofie's mod, such as the changes to the price of university and boarding schools?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:52 AM
Great job!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scop
Hi EvelynnMama, how well does your mod play with the other package files from Madam Doofie's mod, such as the changes to the price of university and boarding schools?

I second this, I want to play this with Madam Doofie mod, because I find her wages too low for me.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simi97
I second this, I want to play this with Madam Doofie mod, because I find her wages too low for me.

It should be compatible just like mine

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 4:27 PM

Hi. I've downloaded the mod but to no avail. The wages are still the same. Tried the mentioned steps above and still nothing. I really wanted to play TS3 with this mod to add realism
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phil007
Hi. I've downloaded the mod but to no avail. The wages are still the same. Tried the mentioned steps above and still nothing. I really wanted to play TS3 with this mod to add realism

Hi, if you’ve already made sure that it’s in a good place in the mod folder and cleaned out your sims 3 cache files. The only other thing I can think of is that you might have a conflicting mod, or there’s one more cache file that hasn’t been cleaned yet. There’s the social, caspart , script, simcompositor, and compositor cache you can all delete.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 3:29 AM
Hi, if you’ve already made sure that it’s in a good place in the mod folder and cleaned out your sims 3 cache files. The only other thing I can think of is that you might have a conflicting mod, or there’s one more cache file that hasn’t been cleaned yet. There’s the social, caspart , script, simcompositor, and compositor cache you can all delete.

What other mods might be in conflict with this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phil007
What other mods might be in conflict with this?

Another mod that changes the wages of any in-game career, so MadamDoofie’s mod, the career overhaul mod, etc. Custom careers won’t be affected but another mod that changes a maxis career wages will conflict with mine.
Page 1 of 2