Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 11:59 AM Last edited by jessienebulous : 30th Sep 2021 at 12:42 PM.
Default "Very Sad" ID?
Hello! I'm stuck trying to find the ID number for the "Very Sad" emotion. I searched in the tuning files via S4S and found every other emotion but not "Very Sad." I'm stumped. I just need to find the number so I can continue working on my mod. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

EDIT: For a little more info; I'm trying to update my Go to Therapy mod. My mod allows a sad sim to enter a rabbithole to go to "therapy" for a chance to get a happy buff. Currently it only allows sad sims, though, and not sims that are VERY sad. I think I've figured out how to fix that, I just need the very sad ID.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 8:12 PM
Hello, for context I'm blundering, but I wanted to try to help you; but when I went to test the changes to your mod, even unaltered, it doesn't give any option to go to therapy when sad, there's only the game option of Sadness Hotline on the social interaction on the mobile phone.
I made my sims sad by the gloomy trait; low social bar for outgoing sims; and mourning a dead sim by a grave. I am now very curious if the mod is supposed to work still, the version here on MTS; and if anyone else know, and is willing to part with the knowledge of the answer to your question.

I didn't find any 'very' emotional anything when searching so I'm wondering what you found, but perhaps 'depressed' would be another search term? I thought the sims' moods are enhanced from a state (sad) to a higher one (very sad), with buffs stacking on each other finally turning the mood; so maybe MoodBuff? Like I said, I cannot test any guesses, sorry.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 6:23 PM
The Very Sad emotion is the same one as the regular Sad emotion, you can see the string for it in the file.
There is a buff called "Very Depressed" that I believe is what sends sims into the "very sad" state but I'm not sure. If that doesn't work, I would recommend checking any of EA's files that work when a sim is Very Sad, it might just be a matter of using a different test.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
The Very Sad emotion is the same one as the regular Sad emotion, you can see the string for it in the file.
There is a buff called "Very Depressed" that I believe is what sends sims into the "very sad" state but I'm not sure. If that doesn't work, I would recommend checking any of EA's files that work when a sim is Very Sad, it might just be a matter of using a different test.

Can confirm; you just get into 'Very Sad' via stacking other sad buffs on top of each other, so I'm not sure if the two can be distinguished from each other. Sorry if that's not much help ^^;