Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chair Fix: Allow Use 45° Angle

by Honeywell Posted 3rd Oct 2021 at 1:09 PM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 2:11 PM
You're a legend Honeywell, thanks so much for this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 3:38 PM
Jo said legend before I could Legend indeed
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 4:57 PM
Amazing! Thanks so much!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 1:23 AM
Thank you so much! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 1:07 PM
*squealing noise*
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 2:36 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 4th Oct 2021 at 8:28 PM.
This is a perfect solution! Thank you
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 3:54 PM
Thanks, Honey! Now my sims will b***h less, lol!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 6:39 PM
Thank you so much, HW! It always bugged me that certain chairs would'nt work on a 45 degree angle. This is a long needed improvement.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 7:49 PM
Omg Thank You So Much!!! :d
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 8:42 PM
Thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 4:16 AM
I read this description and thought "that can't possibly be true" but then again, TS2 has so many quirks that you can't rule anything out lol. Will be downloading this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 5:17 AM
Thanks this has always been a pet peeve of mine that these articles lose their properties when in 45 degree mode.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 5:17 AM
Thanks this has always been a pet peeve of mine that these articles lose their properties when in 45 degree mode.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 1:18 AM
You've no idea how much it bugged me that you couldn't use lounge chairs on an angle--thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 7:26 AM
Thank you very much! I agree with everyone else, that was soo needed!

Question: there is another lounge chair in the 'Deco Collection ' of the EA Sims 2 store items, so it's technically maxis stuff as well - would you fix that too? Just asking...
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Little Nemo
Thank you very much! I agree with everyone else, that was soo needed!

Question: there is another lounge chair in the 'Deco Collection ' of the EA Sims 2 store items, so it's technically maxis stuff as well - would you fix that too? Just asking...

Sure. Because the way this chair was made I needed to edit the shape, gmdc and cres on this so I just edited the file directly. Delete the old chair package or allow this one (sfs) to overwrite it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 7:48 PM
Thanks for this fix!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 12:29 AM
Thanks so much! I always find myself putting the recliner chairs at 45° and then it takes me ages to realise why sims won't use them.
Inventor
#20 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 8:33 PM
Default Chair Fix: Allow Use 45 Angle
Hello @Honeywell,
In my game this doesn't seem to work - placed in my Download folder and used the boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true. Should I be using some Sims cheats e..g. moveobjects on or snapobjects to grid too?
Whilst I have loads of custom content, no mods (excepts yours ) currently.
I tried using other chairs to see if that would work but to no avail. I don't have the Ultimate Collection installed if that makes a difference but you have stated it is base game compatible.
Hope you can help?
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Honeywell,
In my game this doesn't seem to work - placed in my Download folder and used the boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true. Should I be using some Sims cheats e..g. moveobjects on or snapobjects to grid too?
Whilst I have loads of custom content, no mods (excepts yours ) currently.
I tried using other chairs to see if that would work but to no avail. I don't have the Ultimate Collection installed if that makes a difference but you have stated it is base game compatible.
Hope you can help?

Hi I'm not sure from your post what's not working but it sounds like the cheat isn't working for you? You use the < and > keys to rotate the objects and no other cheats are needed.
Inventor
#22 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Hi I'm not sure from your post what's not working but it sounds like the cheat isn't working for you? You use the < and > keys to rotate the objects and no other cheats are needed.

Hello @Honeywell
Thank you for your reply.
Using those keys did the trick!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 8:21 PM
This is great! I recently saw a post by xptl297 Diagonal Glass Table and thought of this in the hopes of a request that's not a request for your chairs to also be applied to tables too! <3 :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 1:46 AM
Thank you so much Honeywell!
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 1:40 AM
Cool, this makes the game look more realistic now because you can have objects be placed at an angle. Very nice

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Page 1 of 2