Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 1:04 PM
Default {1.SimFirstName} not working in Constructor broadcaster
I'm new in modding, I try to use Zerbu's Constructor to create a trait that can broadcaster some buff to another sim.

I try to add description in broadcaster: "Hmm... I think {1.SimFirstName} is good."

but I got "Hmm... I think _________ is good." in game.

{0.SimFirstName} is working, but {1.SimFirstName} was not.

Please help
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 5:13 PM
I have a spurious feeling that {1.SimFirstName} just doesn't work in general, if I'm not mistaken - certainly not without some further snippet stuff that might be well beyond any modder's capacity.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 7:31 PM Last edited by MizoreYukii : 29th Oct 2021 at 7:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DaleRune
I have a spurious feeling that {1.SimFirstName} just doesn't work in general, if I'm not mistaken - certainly not without some further snippet stuff that might be well beyond any modder's capacity.

It does work in the right circumstances, there's normally nothing complicated that needs to be done. In this case though I think the OP might need to do some workarounds.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kit11
I'm new in modding, I try to use Zerbu's Constructor to create a trait that can broadcaster some buff to another sim.

I try to add description in broadcaster: "Hmm... I think {1.SimFirstName} is good."

but I got "Hmm... I think _________ is good." in game.

{0.SimFirstName} is working, but {1.SimFirstName} was not.

Please help

Have you checked your participants in the buff or even broadcaster? It might need to be set to something else in order to work. Also, when you said "description in broadcaster" did you mean a notification or did you mean the buff's description? If you meant buff, then it's very possible that the game is just not capable of knowing that info without some workarounds, unfortunately. This is theoretical, but you could try adding an affordance to the broadcaster that is an immediate interaction where it saves the sim broadcasting as SavedActor1, then loot the buff to the people around them who are meant to receive it.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon