Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 10:16 AM
Default Object recolors: How to update the filenames of TXTR, MMAT and TXMT in one go?
I want to add my recolors in a duplicate file of an existing recolor of a custom object mesh and want to rename the filenames with my own username (I've already created an Ident). But how can I update the filenames of TXTR, MMAT and TXMT in one go? (see attached images)

(tagging @HugeLunatic and @simmer22 )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 6:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Jan 2022 at 6:58 PM.
The easiest is to make a new recolor file. When you start messing about with the string names in an existing file, things easily start to go a bit wonky. The string name is more cosmetic than anything. Besides, editing other people's files to have your ident even with changed textures is kind of a bit iffy.

New recolors should automatically have your ident, and you can remove any old recolor files you don't want. If you make sure they have the same filename, they'll technically overwrite (but they won't replace the old files ingame).

Don't worry too much about your old recolors with the wrong ident. Put your name in the filename if you're uploading them, and they're good.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 9:02 PM Last edited by Softlism : 1st Feb 2022 at 5:55 PM.
@simmer22 thank you for your suggestion. If I want to rename the string name of someone else's recolor to make it more recognizable during Design Mode with TCE true cheat, can I also do that in bulk, or do I have to copy-paste the strings individually?