Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 706 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 1:15 AM Last edited by mingos : 19th Apr 2022 at 1:28 AM.
Default Devlog - Unamed Reproductive Health Project
hello there,

This will be a devlog thread where I will share updates on an unnamed mod project: a Sims 3-based combo of TurboDriver’s Wonderful Whims and Lumpinous’ Woohoo Wellness.

In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions on this post and I will answer them when I can.

Here are some of the screenshots I have from testing:

later.
-mingos
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 2:47 PM
I saw the pictures you posted of this mod and great job on what you have done on it so far!

What types of birth control will be available in this mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 6:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magdalenepoet
I saw the pictures you posted of this mod and great job on what you have done on it so far!

What types of birth control will be available in this mod?

Thank you for your feedback.

At launch, the mod will have birth control pills, condoms, and an abortion pill (a rehash of a previous mod I made). Also, there will be support for hospital sterilization, be it tubal ligation or a vasectomy.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 7:40 PM
You're welcome, glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing the details about what birth control methods will be in the mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2022 at 12:46 AM
hello there,

I worked on alot for April.

Here’s the rundown:

- Added “Take a Pregnancy Test” to the toilets
--- Essentially, while a pregnancy test was in a sim’s inventory, they would be able to test if they’re pregnant or not while using the toilet.

- fertility changes as the menstrual cycle progress
--- In real life, fertility changes as the menstrual cycle progress. As such, I added it in. The way it would work would be as a pregnancy chance variable. The higher it is, the greater the likelihood of getting pregnant. In the future, fertility can be lowered by taking birth control pills.

- Currently these only pop up as strings, (e.g.,”The fetus moved”), for now.
--- Miscarriages would work as a rare situation, as in real life. Initially, it would pop up as a warning moodlet and the sim would be prompted to go to the hospital. If the sim goes to the hospital within a timeframe, the mod would roll a chance of pregnancy loss or continuing the pregnancy. If pregnancy loss occurs, the sim would lose the pregnancy and get depressed for several days afterwards, depending on their traits. They would also have a memory and a fear of getting pregnant again if they ever attempt to do so.
--- For the fetal movement, on the other hand, they would appear as moodlets, indicators of the fetus’ activeness and health.

- A way to detect which trimester a sim is in
--- Something I noticed from Option2 was that people would change the pregnancy times. When I designed the mod, I used the base game maximum hours of pregnancy, which I hardcoded *sigh*, as a guideline on where to put the threshold for the mod's effects. This came back to haunt me as I didn’t realize people used custom pregnancy lengths in their games. To prevent a situation like that from happening again, I decided to use math (lol) to figure out the trimesters and go from there. Doing so enabled me to not constantly change hardcoded pregnancy values throughout the codebase, which helps with refactoring and consistency. Now, I can just adjust the pregnancy lengths as I please without worrying too much about side effects and add new features based on the trimesters, such as the fetal movement starting in the second trimester and the miscarriage risk beginning in the first trimester and ending before the third trimester.

- Added in ultrasounds and abortions

- Mspoodle, a talented object creator, created menstrual, pregnancy-related, and reproductive-related objects for this mod. I am deeply grateful for her work, and I will be definitely putting her wonderful pixels to good use.
--- Her blog: [https://mspoodle1.tumblr.com/](http...le1.tumblr.com/)

later.
-mingos
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd May 2022 at 6:30 PM
Great job on the work you have done on this mod so far!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th May 2022 at 4:42 PM
This mod looks awesome!!! I started busting out laughing at the interactions. I would totally help with testing if you need it!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2022 at 12:39 AM
hello there.

Two things with this post:
  • I added new stuff
  • I’ve included the InDev version that I'm working on for testing in this post. It will have bugs. I've included instructions and a changelog in the zip. Feel free to leave feedback when you're done testing.

Things I added to this version:

Gynecologist visits - they let you know how the pregnancy is going and offer advice on improving it

Added Option2

Added Birth Control

And the birth control actually works

And abortion adds a different moodlet depending on whether you wanted the pregnancy or not.

later.
-mingos
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Alpha_0.0.8.zip (939.6 KB, 12 downloads)