Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 142 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2022 at 11:10 AM Last edited by kimchin490 : 5th May 2022 at 3:29 PM.
Alien Mind Control Interaction for all sims
Hi, I'm just trying to alter the alien interaction "Mind Control". The way it currently works is the interaction will ONLY appear if you click on a sim who is NOT a part of your active household and they need to be on your active home lot so basically, it only works on guests. I want to change it so that I can be used on anyone on any lot but I can't find the line of code that makes it only available for guests. Also in the GameplayData.package file the interaction is called "MindControl_Sim" and this is what it says under base availability
<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="False" AllowGreetedSims="False" AllowOnCommunityLots="False" AllowOnAllLots="True" />
I set all of them to "True" but nothing changed. Is this hard coded to only be used on guests or am I just missing something?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th May 2022 at 4:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchin490
Hi, I'm just trying to alter the alien interaction "Mind Control". The way it currently works is the interaction will ONLY appear if you click on a sim who is NOT a part of your active household and they need to be on your active home lot so basically, it only works on guests. I want to change it so that I can be used on anyone on any lot but I can't find the line of code that makes it only available for guests. Also in the GameplayData.package file the interaction is called "MindControl_Sim" and this is what it says under base availability
<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="False" AllowGreetedSims="False" AllowOnCommunityLots="False" AllowOnAllLots="True" />
I set all of them to "True" but nothing changed. Is this hard coded to only be used on guests or am I just missing something?

It seems to be hard coded. Haven't seen anything on this sadly.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2022 at 10:28 PM
this goes into the modding forum.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th May 2022 at 7:07 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Thread Moved
    Thread moved to correct forum.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old Yesterday at 10:02 PM
If you know scripting, the test method of the interaction is found under Sims3.Gameplay.Socializing.SocialTest, a bool named as MindControlTest. I don't know how to replace that kind of interaction; I hope someone else helps you with that.

Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 and to send me in-game gifts. ^^
You can also find me on The Sims Forums, but inactive.