Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2022 at 1:18 AM Last edited by Annything : 28th May 2022 at 2:15 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default School Bus Not Coming For Teens/Children in Household
Ever since my eldest teen aged up the school bus isn't coming and I have to send each child to school manually which is a huge problem for me because I also love the taxi charge mod and sending 10 kids to school everyday is really expensive. This has happened in several of my saves in the past but it was never really a problem before because I had a normal amount of kids and taught the teens to drive. It seems the same thing happens every time: a child turns into a teen and the bus never comes after that.

Is there a permanent fix for this? Anything I should try?

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the school bus will take them to field trips, take them home, take them to other kids' homes, literally everything but pick them up in the morning.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2022 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
clearly you have a mod problem.

I mean, I could accept this. I only have a few basic NRAAS mods (Overwatch, Errortrap, Master controller, portrait panel, story progression, traveler), Ani's fridge mod, and sleepy genius's taxi charge. I have a couple CC for hair all from this website. So, I don't feel I have anything necessarily game breaking but I could accept maybe a couple of these aren't exactly friends with each other.

Is there anything I should try to fix my game other than the mod conflict elimination game? If these mods cause this glitch I'll just live with it, to be honest, I value them a lot. But if there is something to try to reset I'll definitely try and let y'all know what happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th May 2022 at 4:44 AM
I have the taxi charge mod and I don't have this problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th May 2022 at 9:34 AM
This doesn't help with the reason for this bug but you could give your kids bikes so they don't use taxis.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th May 2022 at 5:16 PM
Do you have Clean Up Situations set to true under NRass Overwatch? City Hall > NRass > Overwatch > Settings > Clean Up Situations
Maybe there is a glitch with the field trips or opportunities somehow preventing the school bus from coming in the morning. Opportunities can be sometimes unpredictable and affect the game in odd ways. What world are you playing in? Do any of the children go to 2-in1 rabbitholes for field trips? Though that may not be an issue, I suppose it is at least worth mentioning to rule it out. Have you tried resetting your Sims and/or their home lot and see if that fixes the problem?

Try installing NRass Debug Enabler (https://www.nraas.net/community/DebugEnabler) and click on City Hall, NRass > Debug Enabler > Fix Homeworld
That may fix the issue.

You also might have a hidden conflict between mods. Try taking out either Ani's fridge mod or Sleepy's taxi charge mod to confirm or deny between those two mods and then quit without saving and place the mod back in if nothing changed. Or if it is a conflict, now you know and can decide if you still want to keep and deal with it.

Edit: Which Ani's no shopping from the fridge mod do you have? The one from here, MTS or the one over at NRass?

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition