Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Family kiss
For some reason, my kids don't do family kisses. The action gets cancelled almost right a way, before they can do anything.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 9:26 PM
Most likely due to a mod conflict. Run the HCDU to find possible conflicts, and/or do a 50/50 search.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Most likely due to a mod conflict. Run the HCDU to find possible conflicts, and/or do a 50/50 search.

I guess it stops any greeting too it seems
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 10:22 PM Last edited by NRJ : 29th Jun 2022 at 11:01 PM.
it's an invalid constant error it seems
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t32401.txt (64.4 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: log
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 11:19 PM
Definitely a mod. Do a binary search, like simmer22 said.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 11:32 PM
I removed Closerfamily.package and the option to kiss isn't there anymore Closerfamily conflicts with wildchild, chris hutch visit mod and can we get pregnant mod. I want to keep all those.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 11:55 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 30th Jun 2022 at 1:21 AM.
Closerfamily doesn't affect the availability of family interactions, and I really really doubt it adds romantic interactions to children. It also doesn't conflict with any of those other mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Closerfamily doesn't affect the availability of family interactions, and I really really doubt it adds romantic interactions to children. It also doesn't conflict with any of those other mods.

HCDU says it does.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 2:15 AM
You're misreading it. Can you post the actual report that you think says those things conflict?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 2:34 AM
You're misreading it. Can you post the actual report that you think says those things conflict?

Ok I put back everything I removed from DL folder, before the 50/50 testing, so maybe you can figure out what is happening. There is a lot of confliction. a lot of them I have already removed with no change.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  hcdu.txt (41.1 KB, 10 downloads)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 3:51 AM
Can't help too much with the mods you're having trouble with at the moment - there are conflicts for sure somewhere in there - but looks like you've got some other things going on as well, and could be an idea to get things cleaned up a bit.

All the randomly named files makes me think you might have picked up some mods alongside some houses, for instance the insimenator, since it looks like you've got it both as a randomly named file and as the original file.

You might want to check if the conflicts with randomly named files are the same files as the ones they say they conflict with, because that's very likely in many of these cases (if you don't mind using SimPE - you wouldn't have to do much else than check if the resources having to do with names and such match up). Some could be old versions of mods, or mods you don't even know you have, and if you don't know what you have, conflicts are more likely to happen.

Several of the "52424c51e662aa3a806f81ab5fe4fcfb.package" type files - if they're skins or clothes, see if those belong to installed sims. If they do, it's possible you already have them as the full set, too. In that case it could be an idea to remove the conflicting files with the random names (likely it's the same files).

The infant outfits with dots and socks near the bottom will conflict, because I made those on the same files, so you'll have to pick one of the sets, or one from each set (remember the importance of reading before you download).

Assuming you use a Windows computer and if you don't already have the Sims 2 Clean Installer, get it. The default installer changes the name of files when it installs CC, so you end up with a lot of randomly named files when you install sims or lots. The Clean Installer doesn't do this.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 3:51 AM
Where did you get this CloserFamily hack from? The one on MTS does not have those resources in it. Also, you shouldn't use it with extendedfamily, those two hacks do exactly opposite things, it doesn't even make sense to use them together. You also shouldn't install multiple versions of the same hack.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 10:06 PM
i got it from SS. Freetime version. The one in MTS is The OFB version.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 10:15 PM
Well, sexysims is not letting me log in for some reason, but I don't see any reason why the MTS versions wouldn't work with any game configuration. Why are you using two different versions of that hack (and multiple different versions of other hacks) and trying to use it with extended family in the first place? You need to delete all of those garbage name files, decide on *one* version for all the mods you have and remove the other versions, and then go through the whole list of remaining conflicts and resolve them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 11:46 PM
At this point I would be redoing my Download folder if I was you. You want to keep things organized and not use hacks that do opposite things/the same things/when creators say they clash. I know the feeling of wanting 3 mods and finding they all clash, It's really annoying but they won't be doing what you hope they are doing anyway as they can't work properly. Some things will have to go. Sometimes you can make things work okay but not great by changing load order. Like I know I have some type of clash going on with my school mods with the result that child age sims lose their homework if they bring a friend home, but that is a clash I can live with.

SummerVacationWintersDay.package --> School bus - bring friend dialog.pack is probably the clash that I have except I only have the summer version and I switched loading order so my error is as above - not game breaking or useless as it only happens when a friend is brought home and I can live with the kids homework disappearing.

Chris Hatch's Visit other Sims Mod is known to clash with numerous mods. Sometimes you can find workarounds by using a different mod or a make do method. So instead of visiting other sims I load up that family and teleport the other sims over with Christianloves transport mirror so they all arrive selectable or I call them up and make them selectable once they arrive.

Sim blender has been updated by Pick N Mix mods so you could try one that version.

Instead of ltwvariety you could randomize on the simblender. I know I removed ltwvariety as it also clashed for me.

If Wild Child is clashing you could try Inteen. Pretty sure Midge has tidied that up or separated the files out. Midge The Tree is a good creator to go over with a fine tooth comb as she has created and updated numerous older mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 11:55 PM
Ltwvariety is not for randomizing LTWs, the Sim Blender is not a replacement for it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 11:57 PM
I want to visit other sims lot. is there another mod that allows me to visit sims lots by taxi or walking either than Chris Hatch's Visit?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 12:30 AM
There is no mod that does that that does not conflict with a lot of other stuff. You need to sort out all of your conflicts and decide what you want to keep and what you don't.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:33 AM
Ltwvariety is not for randomizing LTWs, the Sim Blender is not a replacement for it.

I may have been thinking of another mod then, but my point was there are often other ways around things and keeping clashing mods most times doesn't work.

Quote: Originally posted by NRJ
I want to visit other sims lot. is there another mod that allows me to visit sims lots by taxi or walking either than Chris Hatch's Visit?

No unfortunately. There is the work around that I mentioned. Load the family you want to visit, teleport the sims over and make selectable. Some other mods that I use to help make this work a bit smoother is the Simlogical institution sign. Place that down in a sims yard to stop the school bus or work if you don't want members of the family choofing off someplace or getting pop ups such as "John missed work" during the visit.
If the visit is going to be passed 6 pm I also use an individual age on/off mod so I can turn ageing off easily if I need to.

Another mod is the meeting controller where you enroll sims and 'start meeting' and they all arrive selectable. This can be useful if you constantly want the same group to visit as once enrolled you don't need to hunt for their names on a teleporter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~