Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 9:58 PM
Default Sim Floating in Animation
SO Ive been tweaking the todler carry animation in game. But there seems to be an issue where once imported in game the toddler floats no matter what. Ive moved the toddler palcement in blender and everything yet for some reason when the animation is enabled the totdler floats. (Image Below) Ive changed the toddler location several times in blender yet the game still float them up to that same very spot. Is there a setting im missing? All I did was take the original clip and tweak it. So Im not sure why its refusing to work when imported into the game.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 2:44 AM
This happens because the game attaches the toddler to the carry slot on the adult sim in the code and through IK targets, which it seems you don't have them in your tweaked animations. The easiest way though if you don't want to bother with IK targets as they can be finicky, is to get the translation values of the carry slot (which is b__R_frontBellyTarget_slot on the sim rig) in the BOND files and then have the toddler rig copy the location of that slot, and parent it (with a Child of constraint) then animate the root bind using the root offset bone (add a Copy transforms to the root bind bone). I know it sounds really confusing but it's what you have to do when you deal with these kind of animations in the game :p

If you need more help understanding let me know!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetSimmer
This happens because the game attaches the toddler to the carry slot on the adult sim in the code and through IK targets, which it seems you don't have them in your tweaked animations. The easiest way though if you don't want to bother with IK targets as they can be finicky, is to get the translation values of the carry slot (which is b__R_frontBellyTarget_slot on the sim rig) in the BOND files and then have the toddler rig copy the location of that slot, and parent it (with a Child of constraint) then animate the root bind using the root offset bone (add a Copy transforms to the root bind bone). I know it sounds really confusing but it's what you have to do when you deal with these kind of animations in the game :p

If you need more help understanding let me know!

Thank you so much! Ive been slighty moving the toddler then reloading the game. repeat. slightly moving etc etc. I wish I wouldve seen this