Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 6:59 AM
Default Is it possible to make Custom Wishes and to make a condition based on whether a sim has children.
Hello,

This time I wish to ask if there is a condition you can set for a sim if they are a parent(Specifically biological children). For example if I wish to apply a moodlet to all sims that have children. How would I go about establishing this condiition. Unfortunately, there is no Sim.SimDescription.IsParent lol.

Additionally, I have another question. Is it possible to make custom wishes? I would like to make one in the future if possible.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 9:46 AM
It's actually quite easy

Code:
	 if (Genealogy.IsParent(parent.SimDescription.Genealogy, child.SimDescription.Genealogy))
	{
                 // do things here
	}

Now, just mentioning it in case of (since you are using the term Biological children), adopted children are also seen as biological children, as the game doesn't really have a label such as "adopted child" and "Biological child". They're just seen as "child of"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
It's actually quite easy

Code:
	 if (Genealogy.IsParent(parent.SimDescription.Genealogy, child.SimDescription.Genealogy))
	{
                 // do things here
	}

Now, just mentioning it in case of (since you are using the term Biological children), adopted children are also seen as biological children, as the game doesn't really have a label such as "adopted child" and "Biological child". They're just seen as "child of"

Does that mean adopted children can pass down their adoptive parents' genetics to their children?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
It's actually quite easy

Code:
	{
                 // do things here
	}

Thank you so much! I was afraid the game would see Biological children and adopted children as the same, but I suppose I will have to put up with it. I will give this a try next time I get a chance. Thank you again!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SonyaYU
Does that mean adopted children can pass down their adoptive parents' genetics to their children?

Honestly that wouldn't surprise me lol, though I don't think i've seen anyone ever talk about that, except that said offspring looks like grandma/grandpa, so i'm guessing this is true?
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Nov 2022 at 8:37 PM
Sorry to necro this thread, but adopted children totally do pass on the genetics of their adopted parents. It's bizarre but actually rather nice for genetic combinations.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net