Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 9:16 PM
How to make an object working as coffee beans or chamomile?
I'm a lazy gamer, and though I love Ani's cup of tea mod, I'd love being able to buy my plants for tea or coffee directly from the Buy catalog,or eventually in a custom shop, instead of growing them as plants (I know I can also buy them from rabbit hole, but it's super expensive! :D)
But I don't know how to proceed: cloning a chamomil and changing the mesh didn't work (my new object doen't appear at all); I've also tried to edit the script in the OBJK, but this doesn't work neither (this time, the object "appears" in game, but it's actually invisble and can't be used).
I've checked tutorials about creating new ingredients, but I don't think they help (or I don't understand how), as it's not a new ingredient that I'd like to create but a new mesh for existing ingredients.
Any advices? Thanks!
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:48 PM
Hmm I'm not sure if there is a simple way to do this. The problem is that "ingredients" aren't like normal objects, in that they have "ingredient data" applied to them. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the only way to have the beans in buy mode would be to make custom script for them, so the game knows to make the bean object the correct ingredient when it's purchased from the catalogue.
Maybe you could edit the Ingredients XML to make them cheaper at the grocery store rabbithole?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hmm I'm not sure if there is a simple way to do this. The problem is that "ingredients" aren't like normal objects, in that they have "ingredient data" applied to them. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the only way to have the beans in buy mode would be to make custom script for them, so the game knows to make the bean object the correct ingredient when it's purchased from the catalogue.
Maybe you could edit the Ingredients XML to make them cheaper at the grocery store rabbithole?

Thank you for your reply, Zoe! Editing the XML could indeed be the easiest solution! :D
I would have had fun at meshing tea or coffee bags, at making a functional tea shop, but if you think it would be way too difficult, I should give up the project!
Thanks again!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 11:24 PM
Well that sounds lovely! I mean it would be more difficult than overriding a simple resource, but I'm sure it's doable, just would probably need scripting