Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
This fixes the everlasting tree fire glitch, which might have been the cause of some of your "no fire" messages.
http://cyjon.net/node/422
No, that just works around it by making breadfruit trees fireproof. Midge's Tree Fire Fix (available at https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...66716259893248/) actually fixes it.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I thought the whole grilling indoors things was common knowledge.

Yes, but there are some who are relatively new to the game, or who maybe haven't played in a way that has triggered this before. It's always fun to talk about things like this in the game, there are so many things I still discover after playing since 2004!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
Oh yes, a sims 1 fireplace with a rug in front of it was my standard murder weapon at one point!
But with the sims 2 grills - don't they catch on fire now and then wherever you place them? They often do on my community lots, as late as yesterday a sim's business went down a level because of a fire and I had to keep his kids skating at the skating rink to keep them safe while he extinguished the fire. That grill was standing in splendid isolation specififically to lessen the risk of the fire spreading, so no walls or floor tiles. I always just assumed this had to do with sims with no cooking points trying to grill. If this is not a thing in anyone elses game I must look into what I'm doing wrong!

To aid my sim serial killer I would first lock the same inside of a room and remove the door and then this was a house that was not the SIMS house it was a small place built, storyline-Wise, by the serial killer and after removing the door I would put a fireplace in there & cover the floor with the carpets then put a flammable teddy bear in front of the fireplace and then I would wait for a long time until I got fire one time my SIM caught on fire because the fire went through the metal walls and his wife had to come out and save his life little did she know she saved the life of a serial killer.
Inventor
#29 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 4:07 AM
I'm usually not bothered by fires set by lightning during a storm. 99% of the time, the rain puts it out before the firetruck can even get there. Of course, there's always that 1% of the time...

I was playing the Kat household and Tara had gone off to work. A storm started up, then lightning caught a tree on fire. I was smugly unconcerned for a second, until the rain abruptly stopped. The fire was still going. It was nowhere near a fire alarm but it was very near the sidewalk. I watched in horror as a visitor spawned, then immediately panicked and flocked to the tree to do the fire dance. The fire spread to nearby tiles. Another visitor, a playable, spawned, panicked, and joined the dance. The fire continued to spread. Another visitor spawned... You get the idea. I don't recall if any of them tried to put out the fire. They certainly got close enough to catch on fire themselves, though. A townie died... my playable died... I think the third one managed to get away because Tara finally got home. Of course, I had to get her inside to actually call the fire department since she didn't have a cellphone. Cue several stacked Go Here commands and frantic canceling of Panic to get her through the door

I ended up leaving without saving because I really did not want to lose my playable that way.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 4:52 PM
Personally, I modded out fires a long time ago. It was one of the first things I did upon installing the the game.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
hate how sometimes you can't tell sims to call the fire department no matter how hard you try, some sims (not all) sims will just ignore your commands then run to the fire every time just to panic and then burn to death eventually, why don't anybody talk about how annoying this really is?

In other news I actually caught an old beat up grill on fire before in real life, luckily it was vary old and beat up and not vary expensive to begin with, so yea even in real life because of grease. Grills can indeed catch on fire and the propane ones (in real life) could actually explode and shoot fire everywhere therefore possible starting a fire that could burn down an entire house or garage, and catching your entire family on fire as well and that could have happen to me

I was grilling on an old cheap propane grill that was so old and beat up to begin with there was no way to turn down the heat or turn up the heat

The pause button, completely filling their queue with "Call... emergency", and repeatedly cancelling the "fire!" action in their queue is your friend.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
The pause button, completely filling their queue with "Call... emergency", and repeatedly cancelling the "fire!" action in their queue is your friend.
Maybe my liberal use of the Pause button is the real reason why I've never met the Grim Reaper in over ten years playing The Sims 2. When I had my first fire in the game, I paused it for over an hour while I took the dog for a long walk, and planned my course of action on my return. When I got back, I sent Julian, who had been squatting trying to do his homework, into the burning house to 'phone for the fire brigade. I sent his mum upstairs to get Hans (then a toddler) who was sleeping in his cot directly above the fire. What Julian's dad Martin did autonomously I don't know -- he had been preparing lunch in the kitchen when the fire broke out. All I know is the fire was out when the Fire Engine arrived, and poor Julian got fined. I think he deserved a medal for the courage he showed going into the burning building to raise the alarm. How did the fire go out? Did Martin extinguish it autonomously? I've been told that's impossible without Freetime, but the fire was definitely out. As far as I could see there was no panic. In later fires, after they got an alarm, Martin certainly acted calmly and rationally, walking away from the fire, and standing at a safe distance waiting for the fire brigade to arrive and do their work.

I know in Real Life there's no pause button and I'd have had to react much faster. But this calm and planned approach certainly worked for me in the game.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 10th Jan 2023 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Maybe my liberal use of the Pause button is the real reason why I've never met the Grim Reaper in over ten years playing The Sims 2. When I had my first fire in the game, I paused it for over an hour while I took the dog for a long walk, and planned my course of action on my return. When I got back, I sent Julian, who had been squatting trying to do his homework, into the burning house to 'phone for the fire brigade. I sent his mum upstairs to get Hans (then a toddler) who was sleeping in his cot directly above the fire. What Julian's dad Martin did autonomously I don't know -- he had been preparing lunch in the kitchen when the fire broke out. All I know is the fire was out when the Fire Engine arrived, and poor Julian got fined. I think he deserved a medal for the courage he showed going into the burning building to raise the alarm. How did the fire go out? Did Martin extinguish it autonomously? I've been told that's impossible without Freetime, but the fire was definitely out. As far as I could see there was no panic. In later fires, after they got an alarm, Martin certainly acted calmly and rationally, walking away from the fire, and standing at a safe distance waiting for the fire brigade to arrive and do their work.

I know in Real Life there's no pause button and I'd have had to react much faster. But this calm and planned approach certainly worked for me in the game.

In real life hopefully most people know better than to run toward the fire and dance, therefore eliminating the need to cancel the "Fire!" action repeatedly.
Page 2 of 2