Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 98 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 7:15 AM Last edited by ItsOnlyThunder : 26th Nov 2022 at 9:37 PM.
Default (SOLVED) Compiling Errors when Editing Custom DLLs
Hello.

I'm trying to learn how to create mods, and so I figured the best way to start was to take an existing mod and fiddling around with its DLL to see how it works. For my first practice, I was hoping to take the New dance routine mod and edit it so that any sim could use the interactions instead of just "Divas" and "Natural Born Performer" (I should emphasize that I do not plan on uploading it here. It's purely for practice). However when I try to compile it in DnSpy, I keep getting errors saying "Cannot change access modifiers when overriding 'protected' inherited members". I would get this even if I ask the program to compile the DLL without making any changes. What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I need to change?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 9:41 PM
After troubleshooting over a couple of days, I have solved the issue! It turns out it was because the actual game DLLs I extracted to help decompile the mod's was protected, when I should have used the unprotected ones uploaded by NRAAS. Switching them out got it to compile just fine.