Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

404 Budget Lane - Family Starter House (Under §20K)

by tkdjunkie Posted 5th Jun 2005 at 1:20 AM - Updated 5th Jun 2005 at 1:33 AM by tkdjunkie

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:25 AM
are the downloading attachments down? or wat
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:47 AM
No, it's the weekend. It's always slow on weekends.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 3:23 AM
Thanks, I love this one too.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 3:24 AM
tkdjunkie - you are really outdoing yourself - these houses are coming faster than I can populate them! :D

I'll take these modest houses over the "edifice" complex any day!
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 4:45 AM
Beautiful! I finally found houses to play in my game. I love the small family type houses and the small lots. My computer likes them better too. Thank you for sharing these.

Teresa
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 7:34 AM
This looks like a great house to start a family...

Thank you for sharing
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:43 AM
This house looks incredible, so far I have all your Budget Houses and I absolutely love them. Thank you so much for creating and sharing them with us.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:17 AM Last edited by Jaedle : 5th Jun 2005 at 11:21 AM.
Wow, I thought I was good at starter house cramming, but 2 bathrooms? Wow. I never do the dining tables, for 2 reasons. One, sims will happily put their food on a coffee table so you can leave out the chairs. If you leave out the coffee table, they put empty plates on the floor, which is sad but reflects a lot of real world starving artist types. They don't get sick from doing it, so I consider tables one of the last things on the list. I usually leave the dining set and wardrobe out to cram in an easel and possibly telescope if I have a knowledge sim moving in. Tables are easy aspiration points for newbie fortune sims, which is another reason I leave some common items out. My sims don't usually have spare clothes for awhile so the wardrobe isn't really urgent until they get those "buy new clothes" wants after becoming employed. I just put up with them wandering around in their fry cook gear or force a redress using boolprop.

This is a really super starter, though, and I will be using it. It's prettier than my ultra packed but ugly pragmatic versions.

I'm curious, to what degree is lighting an actual advantage in the game? I assume it would boost their mood or the environment scores, but I haven't noticed a difference with and without that was significant.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 3:21 PM
i just love it.......

thanks

keep up the good work
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 5:43 PM Last edited by amythestfenix : 5th Jun 2005 at 5:45 PM. Reason: added info
I have to agree with Jaedle; I also thought I was good at getting a lot into starter houses; but this one is pretty amazing. Two bathrooms; landscaping, an interesting layout, and even one of my favorite windows! And your houses look really good when the simoleans start rolling in and redecoration starts. Many of my sims never move out! Thanks so much and keep them coming; there's always a sim that needs a starter house.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:34 PM
Wow, this one worked even though you have University Thanks!!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:09 PM
It's unbelieveble that a starter home can be so huge and well built! Thanks, I love starter homes!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:16 PM
Wow! You can do that with the newbie budget thing?!?!?! Although, I use cheats so it doesn't matter but still!!! Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 2:59 PM Last edited by twerplina : 7th Jun 2005 at 3:01 PM. Reason: clarification
I really like the house; it's so nice when a starter home is interesting design.

One thing I thought I'd point out is that if you don't have University the house won't be under 20k. When converted to non-EP simoleons (by the game) it's over by about 400 simoleons. It's easy enough to remove a few things to bring it under, and most importantly, it does work without the EP, so my new family was able to move in with just a slight delay!
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 7:16 AM
very cool Thx for sharing
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 5:47 PM Last edited by pmvg : 12th Jun 2005 at 5:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Default Great Budget Design
First of all, this is a great concept...budget houses, I mean. I really prefer NOT to use the motherlode cheat especially if there is a good design available at a good price.
A question: How did you arrange to get the cantilevered roof over the porch? Every time I try the same thing (with pillars or posts) I get a message saying that the load is too heavy to be supported.
If you could point me toward a tutorial I would appreciate it.
Again: cool design.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:32 PM
i really like your homes they have very convenient layouts and are nice to start in
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:33 PM
[QUOTE=pmvg]First of all, this is a great concept...budget houses, I mean. I really prefer NOT to use the motherlode cheat especially if there is a good design available at a good price.
QUOTE] I really tend to agree with the previous statement and that's exactly why i love your homes
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 5:16 PM
Thanks I've been looking for a small starter home and this is perfect, you're brilliant
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 11:44 AM
Love the house hun!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:50 PM
Gorgeous! I <3 all your Budget Houses-- it's great that they're >20k but still spacy & live-able :3 Frankly, big houses utterly kill my computer so starter houses that can still house more than 1-2 people are wonderful <3