Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 5:21 PM
Default MTS Recap 2022
Ho ho ho,

You may have noticed some websites coming up with their recap system (Think: Spotify, Reddit, YouTube), but you may (or not) have wondered "What have I done this year on MTS?"... Well, today we bring you a special page, where all members (Sorry guests!) can travel back in time, to see what they've done this year!

The page shows all sorts of things, such as: How many replies you've left, what you thanked/downloaded/etc first, and some nice data for creators!

The recap will be live from today (23 December) till the 7th of January. Next year, it will be back though, with maybe some more features added to it that are currently missing

Check it out here: MTS Recap 2022

Note: remember, if you're a guest, you'll probably see nothing. The page is not mobile-friendly as yet, but tablets should be fine!

But most importantly, we all wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 12:50 PM
Wow! This is so cool! Thank you very much! We appreciate all you do for us. Merry Christmas!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 1:18 PM
That was very cool! Made me sound like I was almost useful.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 3:48 PM
that was swank, alongside being yet another reminder that i need to thank more people.

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 4:09 PM
This is awesome! Thank you
Theorist
#6 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 5:37 PM
Okay thank you

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 6:53 PM
This is one of the sites I visit frequently, so as expected the numbers are quite good. Thanks for this! And a happy holidays to everyone as well...

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 8:27 PM
Really interesting to see how many downloads my creations have recieved over the year!
(Had to zoom my browser out to 65% to actually have it all fit on my screen properly though)

Thanks for all you do here at MTS and have a wonderful new year.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 9:50 PM
This was amusing and I have no idea what help thread this was, but I know it came from one!

Actually maybe it was silly random questions I do rather frequent that.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#10 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 11:06 PM
My recap page is empty. I don't exist!
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 11:50 PM
Likewise, I too have a blank page. Interesting.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 2:30 AM
Same here. (Not here on mobile, either.)
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 4:32 AM
Thank you so much! As a new creator who got a late start in the year, seeing all these stats really makes me happy and makes me so happy that thousands of people enjoy what I make. Here is to 2023. May it be my best year yet, full of brand new content and I wish everyone either a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays if you do not celebrate Christmas!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 4:36 AM
Wow! Very nice) Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for all MTS team!

Crazy in purple
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 4:52 AM
Not working for me either. I am on PC.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 9:43 AM
Oh no, I don't know why it isn't working for you all! Are you allowing cookies and javascript?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 10:31 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 25th Dec 2022 at 11:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Same here. (Not here on mobile, either.)

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Likewise, I too have a blank page. Interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
My recap page is empty. I don't exist!

Is this still the case? We did some slight changes yesterday afternoon (GMT+1) (downloads and views stats for creators weren't correctly displaying, and the most popular thread had some incorrect data). Because you all did actually do stuff on the site this year, so it should display things...

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh no, I don't know why it isn't working for you all! Are you allowing cookies and javascript?

Ditto-ing this! The page is probably like 80% javascript, and 20% html (and I guess a bit of christmas spirits lol), otherwise the page will just be a background.

I have noticed myself that with Microsoft edge, that you may need to wait at most a minute (for me it was just 2 seconds, but just saying in case your internet connection isn't as amazing). Since all the stats are basically being downloaded if you're seeing a blue screen (and allowed javascript to do it's job :p). Should probably add a "Getting data, please wait!" screen for that... woops!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 3:25 PM
I'm getting the same result as the others. I double-checked the site's permissions to ensure cookies and javascript were allowed. I'm browsing on Chrome and I tried MS Edge. Still the same results even after waiting ten minutes on each browser.
Inventor
#19 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 3:34 PM
No joy, sadly

I'm using Firefox 108.0.1 (64-bit). As far as I know, cookies and javascript are enabled. I loaded the recap page and left it for a few minutes, but nada. I do have the Adblock Plus extension and tried it with and without. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using AVG, though I'm not getting any popups of anything being blocked.
Theorist
#20 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 5:34 PM
Looks like statistics do not change over time.
I just posted a new reply and that was not counted.
Where was the stop point for count?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 8:06 PM
Still a blank page here, yes. I allow java, and my cookies policy is reasonably broad.

ETA: Don't use Microsoft Edge; I use Firefox.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Still a blank page here, yes. I allow java, and my cookies policy is reasonably broad.

ETA: Don't use Microsoft Edge; I use Firefox.

I use Fire Fox and had no issues, maybe it's something else?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:44 AM
I'm getting the blank page on the recap with Firefox and have cookies allowed and nothing blocking it.I'm also on PC.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#24 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 10:36 AM
I fixed up a check, so now it should work with people who have blank pages. (Tested yours @SusannaG ) Thanks for the feedback!

@Victor_tor There is a server-side cache for 1 day after you first visit the recap (to prevent database spam on reloading) so it wont pick up posts / thanks etc in that time.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#25 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 7:31 PM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Dec 2022 at 8:51 PM.
Now I'm seeing something other than the blank page I had before, but something appears to be messed up since I'm only seeing to top half of pages.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 1 of 2