Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2023 at 2:27 AM
Default Help With Borked Mesh in Body Shop
I started making an outfit for the game today and everything was going pretty well, but when I was finally putting the mesh in the game things took a turn lol, the mesh got all borked like the picture below even though it looked fine in Milkshape (ignore the body being pitch black, it’s just cause I chose an option on the materials tab) and the bone assignments looked ok, I’d really appreciate some help! The Mesh, the recolor file, the mesh file and the milkshape file are on the .zip attached
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ezyzip.zip (481.8 KB, 3 downloads)
File Type: zip  ezyzip.zip (481.8 KB, 1 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th May 2023 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by It’s Cassney, simtch
I started making an outfit for the game today and everything was going pretty well, but when I was finally putting the mesh in the game things took a turn lol, the mesh got all borked like the picture below even though it looked fine in Milkshape (ignore the body being pitch black, it’s just cause I chose an option on the materials tab) and the bone assignments looked ok, I’d really appreciate some help! The Mesh, the recolor file, the mesh file and the milkshape file are on the .zip attached

I accidentally uploaded the .zip file twice sorry lol
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2023 at 2:52 AM
The mesh has two (or more?) skeletons in it (there's a double set of joints in the Joints list). You need to fix that.

Easiest way is to do "file --> new", then import an untouched female adult body with a skeleton (you don't need the morphs, click "no" to that question), then import your mesh over it (make sure to click "no" if you get any questions about importing a skeleton - the newest Milshape plugins shouldn't give that message for linked rigs, but you can occasionally get it). Delete the extra adult body mesh after.

You don't need to do any other changes.

Export again, replace in SimPE, and see if it now works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2023 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The mesh has two (or more?) skeletons in it (there's a double set of joints in the Joints list). You need to fix that.

Easiest way is to do "file --> new", then import an untouched female adult body with a skeleton (you don't need the morphs, click "no" to that question), then import your mesh over it (make sure to click "no" if you get any questions about importing a skeleton - the newest Milshape plugins shouldn't give that message for linked rigs, but you can occasionally get it). Delete the extra adult body mesh after.

You don't need to do any other changes.

Export again, replace in SimPE, and see if it now works.

I tried doing it but a message saying “ERR: Too many joints defined in file” popped up when I tried importing the mesh I made over the female adult body, even though I clicked “no” when it asked me if I wanted to include additional bone definitions. Any way I can find a workaround this?

Edit: I *think* i might have found a workaround but I’m not sure of a step. I’m thinking of getting the untouched female adult body mesh and redoing my mesh from scratch since all I’d have to do after that is import the boots over the body base. But I’m not sure if I should include additional bone definitions when I import them, since I think the shoes wouldn’t have joints assigned to them if I didn’t but at the same time I think that’s what might have created the double joints
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2023 at 6:34 PM
It worked fine for me to do it the way I described above, didn't get any errors.

Extract the "afbodynaked" mesh with the PJSE tool in SimPE (you get two files), then in an empty window (make sure you do file/new first!) import this mesh first to Milkshape (no morphs), and import yours over.

(If you need to look at the joints they're a bit big, but you can make them smaller like so: "file --> Preferences --> Misc --> Joint size --> 0.010000 --> OK")

(If it still doesn't work for you I can upload the files, just let me know)