Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Social Child and Adoption Center

by Lisen801 Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 7:44 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2005 at 9:12 AM by Lisen801 : Some problems to place this lot

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 3:24 AM
great work again!!! with your creative lots, now we get to see where the NPCs really do when they're not working...

will you be doing the loony doctor's house next? (don't worry, i'm thinking of more...)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 3:25 AM
Kuhl...

Like it, just dl-ed.

Thanx 4 sharing... you often share nice lots.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 6:17 PM
I just wonder if they will be autonomous or not? Will they still act as NPC? automatic care for children?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 6:24 PM
Are you saying we have to alter the neighbourhood file before we can use this lot?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
Are you saying we have to alter the neighbourhood file before we can use this lot?

Hello..
Well I really don't know but maybe it's difficult to place this lot on an flat ground. Have a try.
The reason to alter the script is that you can build on very sloping parts of the neighbourhood. I've checked moving around this lot to different places and it works so perhaps it not neccessary to change anything....
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aurore80
I just wonder if they will be autonomous or not? Will they still act as NPC? automatic care for children?

Hello....
It really wood be great if they act as NPC's but no, unfortunately they don't.
The lot is just an ordinary lot and the car is just decorative...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 9:42 PM
It looks fantastic. Great job.
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:34 AM
I just have to say WOW!! OMG it is sooo beautiful! Wow!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:32 PM
I placed this near a crossing, and it completely warped the other road. Now there is a 90 degree angle there in the road, so that the cars shouldn't really be driving there - they would fall. It looks bad. Is there a way to level the road and the terrain, because I can't place any lots there anymore either, not even this one?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:33 PM
It doesnt really matters in fact, I am glad they wont.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu
I placed this near a crossing, and it completely warped the other road. Now there is a 90 degree angle there in the road, so that the cars shouldn't really be driving there - they would fall. It looks bad. Is there a way to level the road and the terrain, because I can't place any lots there anymore either, not even this one?

Hi, sorry my lot messed up your neighborhood... It was a pity you placed it in a crossing. I have the same problem sometimes but you can take an emty lot and place it where you put this and hopefully the ground will level to normal...

I hope it works for you....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:54 PM
Okay, I managed to put some smaller lots nearby, which lowered the cliff a bit, so it doesn't look so impossible anymore.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:55 PM
I didn't get it back to normal though. It is a pity that I happened to put it in a crossing, that's what I thought too. Everything would have been great if I only had placed it somewhere else. It's just that I don't have much space in my Pleasanview anymore, it's so crowded and full of houses.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 11:20 PM
Ketsu...
Did you check the links I gave in my first post?

To gain access to the complete neighborhood area check out this post:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30492

To be able to build on many sloping lots check out this post:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47544

The first one gives you the oppurtunity to use the whole neighborhood and is a very good tips! See example of my "Pleasantview"...

Hope you fix your neighborhood.....
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 12:32 AM
Yay, I got the hill away completely by moving lots!

I checked the links but I wasn't sure if they were of any help to me and that's why I asked. I figured you might know.

I'm still very interested to see the picture of your town, but it says it is pending approval. I'll come back to see it later. I must say again that I really appreciate your Nordic architecture.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:01 AM
This lot is great, but does it need Uni (because I don't have it)?
#18 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 4:08 AM
Very nice keep up the great work .
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 4:07 PM
This House Look Really cool On the hill. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 2:44 AM
Can you really adopt kids here? If so can you put your kids up for adoption here..........................Hope so!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 5:18 AM
I tried to install but got a "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed"... I have just OFB.