Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multiple Pollination Technicians - Expansion - New Aliens

by fwiffo Posted 24th Jun 2005 at 3:08 AM - Updated 5th Oct 2005 at 11:33 PM by fwiffo : Nightlife update

172 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:19 AM
Uauuu! Think I'm the first do dl.
Love the eyes.
Thanks, much better than the earlier ones
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:32 AM
Default Thank you
These look excellent!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:43 AM
nice! i'm so tired of having ugly half human half alien babies haha
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:21 AM
very nice, thank you
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:36 AM
Now, finally I can let the men get abducted again. Tried it ones, but the kid had to be hidden in the basement. It was so :insane: ugly.

Thank you for these nice genes!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:37 AM
I never liked the original polly tech, yuck! Now I gotta go try this out, thanx for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:48 AM
I'm getting an "Invalid File" error....
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:16 AM
Eeek, they look perfect! I'll download it now.
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 8:23 AM
These pollination techs look wonderful, thank you for sharing them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 9:35 AM
Default Thanks
Much better than the original I had to keep killing off the old babies because they were so ugly.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:04 PM
Ugly you say? Well, who said anything about aliens "having" to be cute? LOL. :P

I look at it as part of the risk.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fwiffo

This version of the hack will choose from these four instead of the original or the ones I distributed with the previous version of the hack.

Is there anyway to make it so that we can use both sets of pollination techs. Like a way to combine them?
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:56 PM
oh wow...this is cool...thanks
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:04 PM
is there any possibility that the hack sould pull from ALL the versions of the PT's installed? i love these, but i dont want to give up the other ones.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:30 PM
@lizbethbear and Lise: Yes, but it requires modifying the hack in a pretty significant way. Each pollination technican you want has to be manually added to the BHAV file and the random selection part has to be modified to be modified to select from more. It's not hard if you know Simantics, but if you don't, it's very difficult. It also gets successively more complicated and hard to test as more and more are added. If you just want to use some from the original set that you like to replace some from this set, that's less difficult. There are instructions on how to do that in the original thread.

If I can simplify the process of selecting from a larger pool of technicians, I may add a way to do this, or release a version of the hack that uses all the technicians. I'm going to have a series of expansion sets like this, each with about four technicans, all matching a similar theme. Eventually, I'll have a "best of" pack with one or two from each set. It may be a big problem to have a set that has "all of them" because the number could get quite huge, as other people are making their own and submitting requests. I don't think many people are going to want all the different technicians that are produced. It would be nice to have some system where people could select 4-8 or so ala carte. I'm looking into some possibilities for that.

Quote: Originally posted by Baskar
Ugly you say? Well, who said anything about aliens "having" to be cute? LOL.

I agree completely. I think half-alien babies ought to be funny looking in one way or another. I don't intend to release any sets of technicans that are perfect, gorgeous models who just happen to have green skin or pointy ears. I like my sims to have character. The big eyes on these, for instance, can create some humorous looking kids. One of them has an pissed-off/evil look on her face all the time. Another looks perpetually worried. One of the guys looks friendly, but could use a diet. Another would do well to grab an extra cheeseburger or two.
Instructor
#17 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Ellatrue : 24th Jun 2005 at 6:50 PM.
I personally would like to see one or two aliens with really standard faces, so that we can control the way their children look, with facial character being determined by the abducted parent.

When I downloaded it, I noticed some files for telescopes. Will this conflict with the expensive telescope abduction pie menu hack?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 7:51 PM
First - worked perfectly in my game! Sims 2, patched. NO UNI. So expansion pack is not needed. 3 guys in the household all had kids but from diff techs. I will try to share pics when they get to toddlerhood, all babies look too close to the same.

Honestly, I'd like to see a pack of 6-8, so that I could have a few green, a purple, a robot, the blackish one you were working on. If you have some other submissions, then fewer green, but I'm also fine with having more than 1 green. I just like the idea of it being a real surprise - I'd rather not know what I'm going to get!

I also want the techs to in some way be different other than just skin color. I'm okay with eyes with a slant, large eyes, pointed ears, noses or chins, very small mouths... They are aliens indeed and the kids *should* be marked. Don't want them to be unusual, make your own aliens in CAS and skip the abduction part
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 7:51 PM
That will probably be one of the expansion packs later on.

Those telescopes are optional - it's explained in the readme of the original version of the hack. They're just clones of the original expensive telescope with increased odds of abduction. I can't say for sure how they'll interact with the abduction pie menu hack, but my guess is that they'll be fine. Whether or not the "abduction" option shows up on them depends on how that hack is written.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 9:44 PM
Uhm, 1 thing. I think poly techs don't have any personality points. I have an improved hack in my game that gives kids points from their parents (instead of the random mess it does now) and a bunch of their stats are all at zero. I assume I can go change that with my poly techs after download -- but even in the regular game some stats seem to be affected by the parents points.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#21 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 9:54 PM
Hmm, on looking, I can't seem to find them. Wonder if I get the same results with the regular poly tech, I don't think I'd thought to test that aspect of the hack. Can always fix personality points of abduction kids afterwards I guess.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 10:05 PM
The man in my latest sim family had the cutest baby this morning! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 10:09 PM
The regular Polli tech has no personality points either, AFAIK. So, that hack should have the same effect on abduction kids with or without this mod.

If you use SimPE, you can find their entries in the neighborhood file. Find one of their kids, and look at their relations. The one that is "Unknown" and marked as their parent is the pollination technician that fathered them. The number is the instance number of the "Sim Description" entry for the pollination technician.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 4:12 AM
This is probebly the most interatinjg hack I've seen so far! Except It'd have to be deleted before installing Nightlife which stinks.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 9:02 AM
Can you tell my how change your multiple pollinisation Technician (My english is not good...)
Comment changer tes martiens pollinisateur, j'ai fait quatre martiens dans le jeu pour remplacer les tiens (ils sont très bien)
Page 1 of 7