Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[testers wanted] RunAway_hack for teens

by K-C Posted 30th Jun 2005 at 3:20 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:55 AM by Christy1077

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Inventor
#2 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:33 PM
cool thanks 4 that
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:56 PM
This sounds interesting. I'll give it a try .Thankyou for sharing.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:35 PM
are there any problems so far
Banned
#5 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:40 PM
I HAVE to ask, what does weggelaufen mean? It sounds so..funny. ^^
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 5:04 PM Last edited by Nikkel07 : 30th Jun 2005 at 5:08 PM.
"weglaufen" means to run away and "weggelaufen" that this person ran away
you did a really a great job. kann ich gut gebrauchen (little german course )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 5:20 PM
the german elite
abhauen and weglaufen are words that meens run away. my bad english but i hope u can follow me.

and no, there are no bugs - i found non. tell me if someone found one.... you know, this is my first hack :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:32 PM
do they ever come back?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 7:29 PM
Normally teenagers come back by themselves before they grow up. Or you could just call the police to bring them home. I don't think it will be any different with this hack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 7:32 PM
yes, this hack ends after the teen leaves. then it is as they leave because of their bad realationship to their parents. u can call the police to find the teen. and they will com back surely at last when they get older (one day before).

Ich bin bereit, meinem Schöpfer gegenüberzutreten.
Ob mein Schöpfer ebenso bereit ist,
diese Begegnung über sich ergehen zu lassen,
ist eine andere Sache.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 9:38 PM
This sounds really cool, I'm definitely going to try it out
#12 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 10:18 PM
thank you ive been trying to get one of my teen age sims to run away but always the reltionship is to high
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Tralah : 1st Jul 2005 at 4:03 AM.
I haven't had any teens run away, and I didn't even realize it was possible for them to do this until recently. Are there any advantages for having a teen run away? If they come back on their own eventually, it sounds as though it might be nice if you want to have one less sim to manage for awhile in the household, but in the past I've normally used the moveobjects on cheat to do that. If you have them run away they still age, so it might be useful if you don't want to use cheats to hurry along the aging process.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 1:26 PM
well, there is no realy advantage to let them run away, but if u write a photostorry it is useful. and, in one of my families, it fits perfect to the sims character (problems with parents, bad in school and so on).
to get sims run away without this hack is very hard. i tried this out but they are always to friendly to their parents. so i created this hack. now the parents can be very nice to their childs - they are still able to run away in teen years.
and u can play that they do it not only because of their parents, maybe they have a broken heart and run away, who knows ?

ist eine andere Sache.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:31 PM
must say, this hack is abselutley voundebar (yes i am familiar w/spelling that wrong-my sis told me it)
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:31 PM
^^u do think thats wonderful..dont u?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 12:15 AM
I requested a hack a long time ago that would let adults go out. Do any hackers out there think you could try and use this hack and alter it to include going out and letting adults use it? I don't know much about hacks and modding the game but I thought it might be possible. Please enlighten me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:45 AM
a go out hack for adults has nothing in comment with this hack. this is just to show an action which is hidden in the game. a go out hack will need a new bhav funktion because it isn't in the game. i will look up.

ist eine andere Sache.
#19 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:18 PM Last edited by Rainy : 4th Jul 2005 at 6:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Thanks I was looking for something like that!

Do you think you could get kids to run away?
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 8:34 PM
Way cool - thank you. I never even knew about 'run away' being in the game. Now I can actually see it? Loving this. Creaters are the reason I play this game. It just keeps getting better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 1:32 PM
thanks!
and i think kids cannt run away, bzw i donnt know if they ever come back as a teen or even as adult.

ist eine andere Sache.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 9:15 PM
Thanks at least now teens can run away for no reason.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:11 PM
So the download at the top is in english? I have never had a sim runaway before! How does it happen normally? How long does it take for the police to find the teen? And do they hug or get lectured when they are re-united?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 7:50 PM
yes in english. i am german, so i did the german menu right for me, and it is shown in the game. for all other english versions it is english of course.
normaly, they run away if the relationship to their parens is very bad. if the parent call afer the run away the plice, they find them and take them back, like they are caught while going out at night. but if u wait longer than 24h, the police will not search them (because its too long ago) and ur sim comes back some days befor he becomes an adult.

ist eine andere Sache.
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 7:22 PM
Cool! None of my teen sims have ever run away b4.
Page 1 of 3