Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Roy "Flame Alchemist" Mustang

by alienkie Posted 25th Aug 2005 at 7:30 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2008 at 9:48 PM by Canoodle

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 11:24 PM
Sweeeeet. No uniform? you should shorten the face a little bit more. It looks a tad bit long but or maybe just not wide enough, but other than that good likeness.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jayvo
Sweeeeet. No uniform? you should shorten the face a little bit more. It looks a tad bit long but or maybe just not wide enough, but other than that good likeness.

I'm working on making uniforms but this is it for now, thanx for the suggestion.

"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest....thing"
"That rules you out then..."

Pimpin' my website: www.alienkie.deviantart.com
Public Enema #2
#4 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:31 AM
Wheres Wendy?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:37 AM
nice job! Can't wait for the others!
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 4:17 AM
Thanks. he is one of my favourites.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 4:41 AM
Oh yay! He looks exactly like him too! Great job. I can't wait to see what Winry looks like. :P
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 4:45 AM
You did I good job he's not one of me favorite characters though how dare he tease Ed!It's not his fault he's short!(Even though I don't think he is *shifts eyes*)but still yay!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Fullmoon Lupin : 26th Aug 2005 at 4:54 AM.
Note: Ok, now, I'm not writing a flame. I said I'm not writing a flame means I'm not writing a flame.

I really don't see is there any difference between your Roy and the Maxis Face Base 1 except the eye corners and the mouth cornbers are turned down a bit. I believe you can do a lot better than this if you spend more time on it. I'm a sim-making idiot and I believe I can make a better Roy Mustang than you! At least I DO spend times on my sims! I gave you a three star because I think this sim don't deserve a five star. But I'm not discouraging people to download it, I'm not a girl like that.

Note: Oh and this is not a flame and is just a comment. Do not flame me, people, I REALLY can't see any difference.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:17 AM
Quote:
Note: Ok, now, I'm not writing a flame. I said I'm not writing a flame means I'm not writing a flame...

Fullmoon, I decided to have a look at what you're talking about here (It was a little difficult to figure which Maxis Face Base 1 you were talking about. I finally settled on the light skintone one)

While I agree there ARE similiarities, I would have to say that they are in fact two different faces. There are differences in the size/shape of the nose, the eyes, the curvature of the cheeks, the chin, and numerous other little details that are quite noticeable in a side-by-side.

For those interested, I have two monitors sitting next to each other. On one, I brought up the picture of Roy from the thread here, and on the other, brought up Sims 2 in the CAS. I'd get a pictue of the two but I'm not sure how to get it to display here so I'll just ask you to try and make the comparison yourselves.

On a side note, Fullmoon, you should really work on your definition of a flame. Up to a point, you were at constructive criticism, until you started to go on about how YOU could make a better one and how YOU spend more time on your sims. Once it got that far, you crossed over into flamesville.

Sorry, just my 3½ cents.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fullmoon Lupin
Note: Ok, now, I'm not writing a flame. I said I'm not writing a flame means I'm not writing a flame.

I really don't see is there any difference between your Roy and the Maxis Face Base 1

I understand what your talking about. It's true that it has some similarities because I did use that face to start with (you have to start somewhere) I did spend a decent amount of time making this sim tho. I tried to make it as believable as possible. It's complicated to make a sim look exactly like a cartoon character because sims were meant to look like real people. So I have to make the sim look like the cartoon character as if they were a real person. Thanx for you criticism tho...I know you didn't mean to sound harsh :D

"You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest....thing"
"That rules you out then..."

Pimpin' my website: www.alienkie.deviantart.com
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 6:03 AM
I want to ask what's a flamesville. Okagecharina, I believe YOU know what is a Maxis Face Base 1. The skintone doesn't matter, it's the facial features! And I think everyone is smart enough to see that EVERY Face Base 1 has the same facial features, thanks for pointing out that it's DIFFICULT to figure out which is Maxis Face Base 1 I am talking about. And I DO NOT understand how to do YOUR solution. Two monitors? Not everyone has TWO computers side by side. I DID saw people has two monitors. But I thought that's unusual at daily life. Look, Okagecharina. I use the Face Base 1 and edited a bit and unsurprisingly, a twin of alienkie's Roy Mustang was born. I can't say they are exactly the same but you can see, they are very close. And guess what? I only spent five minutes on this. Here's a link. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...oonLupin/RW.jpg If you aren't Okagecharina, don't ever click this link and just slide down and leave alienkie a Nice Work! message. Are you still here Okagecharina? The Sim in the Bodyshop is created by me and you know, the Sim in MTS2 is created by alienkie. Now, can you point out five difference between my Sim and alienkie's Roy?

Alienkie,

*Hugs* EVERYONE thinks I'm writing a flame! Only you! *Hugs* *More Hugs* *A big hug* *A bigger hug* *The biggest hug* *Hands out a puppy* *Puppy licks Alienkie* You are such a nice-tempered creator, when I start writing bad comments, I usually can't stop and exaggerated and people usually think I'm writing a flame. Same at school, only that people loves me.

To everyone,

I'm NOT flaming Okagecharina!!!!!!!! I'm not flaming anyone! I only flame at Fanficion.Net!!!! And I only sent ONE flame in my whole life!!!! Do not blame! Do not flame! Do not punch! Do not pinch! Do not flinch! Just don't hate me ok?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 6:53 AM
alienkie, I love him! I am devoted to all things Roy!! Snap away! I think he's a great representation! Thank you very much!

I...will never be a memory.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 11:43 PM
I'd love to see a Hughes by you!

Not a bad Mustang. I just need the uniform and we're set ta go ^_^
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 2:52 AM
He even has that arrogant smirk! Nicely done!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 1:48 AM
Oh! The hair could be a little better, but its ok! The uniform would be good too!

meguru meguru toki no naka de
bokutachi wa ai o sagashiteiru
tsuyoku tsuyoku naritai kara
kyou mo takaisora miage
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 1:24 PM
You made his face look good, but you should make the clothes...
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 12:44 AM
not bad. I love your Winry and Ed, do you think you could make Alphonse? The human one, the armor would be impossible haha
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 5:50 PM
If you make want to make Al make him before he is in he armor.