Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Melody Ranch Town

by netseeker2 Posted 5th Sep 2005 at 5:56 AM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 8:39 PM
WOW!

Great job on this! Must have taken hours!

!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 6:34 AM
Caused my system to crash. I redownloaded and used Clean Installer to install only the lot segment still crashed the game.
what could be in there?
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 3:28 PM
Great stuff keep up the good work.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailor138
Caused my system to crash. I redownloaded and used Clean Installer to install only the lot segment still crashed the game.
what could be in there?

Man,I'd really like to dl this lot for my victorian neighborhood,but the whole cashing thing scares me. :sorry:
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 7:15 PM
Perhaps it's too large for your machine to handle? It's a fully furnished 5x5 lot with nothing more than Maxis only objects and my homecrafter material. I know one of the lots I built (which is not posted) was too large for my machine to handle after I finished building it (it too was a 5x5 lot with 3 stories fully furnished). All of my posted commercial lots with the exception of my medieval fair, zoo, Disneyland and Cape Canaveral, are Maxis only with just my own homecrafter material in them. And in the all the other cases (except the zoo & medieval fair) those lots only contain one or two custom items aside from my homecrafter material. So I don't really know what's the problem. Maybe just the size of it with the sheer quantity of material in it could be the problem.

what could be in there?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 11:45 PM
Perfecto, justo lo lque andaba buscando para mi barrio estilo campestre... se agradece muchisimo tu notable esfuerzo...

Si tienes el poder, ten el coraje de usarlo con sabiduria.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 6:15 AM
Yo no hablo español pero mi amiga de Argentina me tradujo tu mensaje y tambien me dijo como decirte gracias .

Muchas Gracias

netseeker2

Quote: Originally posted by Zyac
Perfecto, justo lo lque andaba buscando para mi barrio estilo campestre... se agradece muchisimo tu notable esfuerzo...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 5:22 PM
...A ti.

Si tienes el poder, ten el coraje de usarlo con sabiduria.
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 6:29 AM
what could be in there?

O_o :skull:
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 8:31 AM
It's a large lot fully furnished. Maybe your machine can't handle it, because the ONLY THINGS in it are Maxis items and my homecrafter material.

I have a lot that *I* built (it's posted on TSR) that even though *I* built it I can't use it, because there's just too much in it for even my machine to handle - which is why I posted a warning about that lot in the description there.

So I really don't know why it crashed your game unless it's just too big with too much stuff in it for your computer to handle as it was the largest lot available in Uni which was a 5x5 lot. Lots of rooms with lots of stuff not to mention lots of walls, floors and terrain paints.

netseeker2

Quote: Originally posted by george757
O_o :skull:
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 8:37 PM
what could be in there?
Well, you are scaring a lot of people, Sailor, and I know I'm not downloading, but I advise everyone to download, because netseeker tried his best to create this. It must've taken lots of time.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 8:40 PM
By the way, if anyone wants me to construct them a house, I will. I will send them to you privately. If you want a house, e-mail me at: [email protected]
I have played every single sim game there ever has. I have developed many houses. I want netseeker to e-mail me, and I will make him a house, because I admire his work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 1:31 AM
Thank you Gamingfan,

'Cept this here Netseeker2 is of the female gender. ;-)

I really have no clue what's causing the users games to crash from this lot as it's built as are all of my lots in my "Build" game which had only my homecrafter material and Brasstex's conical roofs in it at the time this was built. Otherwise it was Maxis only. So my guess is that the users may not have University which is required to run this lot (lots of university items in it). Or that it's too big for their machines to handle. Fully furnished 5x5, 2 story or more lots cause my machine to run at a snail's pace too and I have 2700Mhz CPU, and 1gig of RAM. And as I stated above, I did make a lot that even my machine choked on and refused to even let me move around the screen enough to take pics of everything. That lot got posted on TSR with a warning about it choking my machine too. So I think that's probably the case with this lot as there is at least 2 stories to all the buildings and 3 in some cases and it's fully furnished. So that's probably the case. It doesn't bother me that they ran clean-installer on it, because Clean Installer won't remove anything except maybe the terrain paints (because as I said it's all Maxis only except with my homecrafter material in it and clean-installer so far as I know doesn't remove walls & floors). So if it crashed their game before running clean-installer, it's still going to crash it afterwards as there's nothing in it for clean-installer to remove. Like I keep saying - It's Maxis ONLY with my homecrafter material in it.

Thanks for the offer to build me a house. I would love it. When you have it built PM me and depending on it's size I'll tell you where you can send it.

netseeker2

Quote: Originally posted by gamingfan1989
By the way, if anyone wants me to construct them a house, I will. I will send them to you privately. If you want a house, e-mail me at: [email protected]
I have played every single sim game there ever has. I have developed many houses. I want netseeker to e-mail me, and I will make him a house, because I admire his work.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 11:28 PM
Does it require expansion packs?
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 12:34 AM
Might I suggest you read descriptions before asking questions like this? It says in the description and in just about every reply I've written in this thread that IT REQUIRES UNIVERSITY! Sorry to be so terse, but I'm getting really tired of saying it when it's said already in the description of it and I've said it I don't know how many times in the replies in this thread.

Quote: Originally posted by pcdoctor
Does it require expansion packs?
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 5:23 AM
Purrrfect! Ive been looking for a western town! Your my hero!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 10:19 PM
PERFECT! I am building a western-themed downtown neighborhood, and I have very slowly been converting homes to community lots. This will be better than anything I've come up with. You are the bomb! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:57 AM
Thank you soooo much! I just started a pioneer neighborhood, and this is going to save me tons of work. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 11:09 PM
this is so cool. I wish there were more like it. I have been searching for items for my new western theme. *downloading* thanks.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 5:27 PM
how did you get the bed into a community lot? XD
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 5:41 PM
With a collection file I"ve had since the beginning of time.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 11:53 PM
I for one (realizing this was posted last year & I am way behind in my downloading) just want to say THANK YOU!! As I need more western things... I am very much looking forward to using it/playing it! And I won't ask stupid questions... nor will I complain if my system can't handle it... (although my system should be just fine with it) Thank you very much for all your hard work, and for sharing such a nice town! ((hugs))

If you dare to visit the world of the undead.. click my link, and steady yourself.... mmmm, blood, give me blood...

If you click that link, write me at [email protected] let me know so I don't sever you ;-)
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nychic_emt
I for one (realizing this was posted last year & I am way behind in my downloading) just want to say THANK YOU!! As I need more western things... I am very much looking forward to using it/playing it! And I won't ask stupid questions... nor will I complain if my system can't handle it... (although my system should be just fine with it) Thank you very much for all your hard work, and for sharing such a nice town! ((hugs))

You're welcome and I hope you don't have any problems with it and are able to use it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:55 AM
Poo... I've already had to re-install and re-download 'cause of downloads before. better just make it....:S sorry, looks lovley though.

Summers
-------------------------------------------------
What fun whould life be without men not understanding women?
[email protected]
Page 1 of 2