Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simsky - Fireproof Cooking mod

by Dave Luv Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 5:11 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:39 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 4:39 AM
Oh, thank you so much! I've always wanted something like this. After all, which house you know that stove catch on fire almost everyday? I'll be glad to test it, but first I have to ask: Is this conflicting with Christianlov's All in one NPC? Because I use this one in all of my houses.
Tks, Aracelis
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 9:26 AM
Aracelis: I don't expect any problems or conflict with other hacks, even if a hack used its own version of the same part of code I have altered. Either would such a hack replace my version of the bhav code with any other version (it would uninstall my hack), or would my hack replace the bhav contained in the other hack (both the hacks would work in this case)

We tested this item with hacks which are altering the Food Globals too and found no problems . Just checked the Christianlov's All in one NPC and all other files I found in that thread - no conflicts . The NPC itself does not alter global files and the file with GlobalHacks in the name changes different parts of code.

Dave
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 4:13 AM
Tks Dave Luv, I'm downloading right now and testing. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 4:44 PM
I will assume this goes in Downloads as opposed to any other file. In the original Sims it would probably have gone in Globals and I am still getting used to the new config. Thanks so much for this mod, I hate good cooks burning down the kitchen with a darned grilled cheese sandwich.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 4:58 PM
FriendlyQuark: Yes, place this file to Downloads (or better to Downloads\Simsky) - like any other object file, in all game versions.

Dave
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 7:25 AM
Why not just buy a sprinkler for your kitchen? Put it over the stove and presto! Never a fire problem again.

Sure it might light, but it won't stay lit long at all.

\\ - =God is coming, and she's bringing donuts!= -
\ \ __ __ ^.^._______
\\______/_________|_)
/ / ` \ \
\_\__ \ \

PS -- I dislike pointless posts!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 5:49 PM
Sprinkler was added in Nightlife, this mod is for all games. And without any light
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 12:45 PM
Default ..
Does this excists for real life to?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 6:25 PM
Hehe, we once left food in our stove in real life - but we had no fire, it is possible our real-life stove also had a mod
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 6:47 PM
Sprinkler was added in Nightlife, this mod is for all games. And without any light

The Sprinkler shipped with the originalSims2, have you not seen it before??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Dave Luv : 28th Oct 2005 at 9:57 PM. Reason: Did a check in all games
sioux_warrior: If you were right, then I don't understand why many people wanted me to create this mod . I don't play the game as often as they do, so I did a check in older game versions (not only by playing the game, but by using SimPE too) and here is the result:

Original Sims (multilanguage) - no sprinkler,
University (multialanguage) - sprinkler was added in this EP.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 1:40 PM Last edited by sioux_warrior : 29th Oct 2005 at 1:43 PM. Reason: Remembered something else
Yes I stand corrected, the sprinkler was added with University, (I knew I'd been using it long before NL. :-)
Although it's pretty safe to use *just* the sprinklers, :ie above cookers and fireplaces, sometimes people want mods that don't let you start fires in the first place.
#14 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 12:25 AM
the sprinkler just makes a mess thanks for this hack
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:04 AM
this is pretty helpful cos i have sims that r bad at cooking and they always start a fire and i keep wasting money buying ovens. ty

i did do the paperwork, i just forgot to write it out.
what is it that make people think animals are insignificant. just cos they havnt built weapons to kill thier own kind with doesnt mean they dont feel!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 11:42 AM
THANKYOU! I get majorly paranoid about sims starting fires; I have sims with maxed-out or nearly maxed-out cooking skill and I'm STILL watching them cook and chanting, "Please don't start a fire, please don't start a fire, please don't start a fire..."
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 2:53 AM
Quick question, does this only work for cooking or will it apply to the fireplaces as well? I seem to recall there used to be hack to allow forever burn fireplaces without the fire but I can't find it now (my sys crashed, lost all, blah blah...) Any info greatly appreciated!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TABJ0323
Quick question, does this only work for cooking or will it apply to the fireplaces as well? I seem to recall there used to be hack to allow forever burn fireplaces without the fire but I can't find it now (my sys crashed, lost all, blah blah...) Any info greatly appreciated!!!

This hack works for cooking-related items only (it changes one entry in Food Globals). It should be easy to write a similar hack for fireplaces
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 9:13 PM
Is this compatible with OFB?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Dave Luv : 7th Mar 2006 at 10:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 11Aracelis11
Is this compatible with OFB?

It should be compatible with OFB and future game versions too.

This hack simply tells the game to do nothing when the fire is about to start
- which makes it independent from the game version.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:27 AM
Thank you for replying so fast! As I stated in the first post: can't play without it!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 5:45 AM
thank you for this awesome creation!
now half my sims wont die =]
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:58 AM
Does it work for BBQ grills? Some players have the problem that BBQ grills causes fire even in the outside when the BBQ grills burn other objects that are outside.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numbuh 826,664
Does it work for BBQ grills? Some players have the problem that BBQ grills causes fire even in the outside when the BBQ grills burn other objects that are outside.

I checked the grill interactions in my Nightlife game - they use their own routine for setting up fires inside - it would require creating another hack. I can write one, it would be just one line of code

I didn't find any other routines for setting up fires outside - should it be related to the same global routine as in case of the other foods, this patch would solve it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:26 PM
Thanks!
Page 1 of 2