Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

By Request: Buyable Fire Without Panic Versions 1-4 UPDATED 28 May 2006

by jaxad0127 Posted 28th Sep 2005 at 6:55 AM - Updated 29th May 2006 at 2:42 AM by jaxad0127

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 96 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 7:23 PM
Wonderful, you've refined my age-old fire! Nice job!

Aha, I feel the power of the undead within me!
Now I must shun the sun and seek the night!
Bleh Bleh!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 9:33 PM
Yay! I'd love to try this after my messed up game gets sorted out . . . :^)

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 3:01 AM
It looks great in the game jaxad0127.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 5:02 AM
You can thank Sir Ignitus Blowtorch for that. I just changed some BHAVs.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 11:24 PM
I've needed something like this for a video for a long time.. thanks!

I did notice that after leaving it for awhile they stop standing there and do panic and end up killing themselves. Even with free will off they eventually start jumping up and down. it's not a big deal tho. They stay still long enough for me to get the pics I need.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 12:06 AM Last edited by jaxad0127 : 30th Sep 2005 at 6:31 AM.
I'll look into that.

Edit:

Appearently, the hacked fires spawn normal fires to spread. So the sims panic. A fix for this would involve changing the code for game fires.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 5:40 PM
Where does this appear in the catalog? (I looked, but couldn't find it . . . ) If we have the other buyable fire, should we remove it first before downloading this one?

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 5:44 PM
Its in the same place as Sir Ignitus' flame. Since mine is a clone of his, you'll only be able to use one at a time. I'll fix that in the next update.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
I'll look into that.

Edit:

Appearently, the hacked fires spawn normal fires to spread. So the sims panic. A fix for this would involve changing the code for game fires.

Thanks for the info. So far it's working great anyway. I've been able to get almost all of the shots I needed with fire without having them go insane

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 7:30 AM
Version 2 up :D
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:34 AM
Version 3 up :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 6:45 AM
is this fire damaging to property and sims, including npcs and will old fires die out, cuz i dont want it to lag my game badly
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 10:32 PM
I am also curious about whether or not old fires die out- it would be really neat if you made a version that wouldn't, so if we had it fenced in we could just keep the fire around for the mood...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 12:33 AM
i have a great idea. put this on a lot that looks all inocent...then somebody puts it in the game, goes into the house, and you got a raging inferno! thanks.

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 1:13 AM
that makes no sense
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:07 AM
Col Oatmealman, yes it still burns things.

Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
I am also curious about whether or not old fires die out- it would be really neat if you made a version that wouldn't, so if we had it fenced in we could just keep the fire around for the mood...

My next fire hack will be a purely decorative fire, no spreading, no burning, buy and build mode unaffected, no panic.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:02 AM
Major update. I found that versions 2.1 and 3.0 might try to spawn version 1. Its fixed now. The newwer ones will overwrite the older ones.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:09 AM
I don't have a miscellaneous section in the Sort By Room Mode. If I download this, will that cause it to show up? Thanks!!!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM
For sort by room, it is under outside. For sort by function, it is under misc.
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 4:25 AM
DUDE!!! This is so cool!! Can't wait to try it!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 12:57 PM
How do you get rid of the fire? Since you can't enter buy mode, you obviously are not able to sell it. I guess it is supposed to just die out, but I have been waiting for hours (sim hours, for heavens sake) and it is still there. My sims are not concerned about the blaze and will not extinguish it, neither is the fireman (he just lectures about the costs of false alarms to the simnational economy..). The fire is located to the courtyard, on open ground, there is nothing burnable near, except the basic grass.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 4:07 PM
Odd. The fireman should take care of it or it should burn out. You can have your sims try to extinguish it themselves. Personally, I use the testing cheats to force an error on it and use the delete option. The decorative fire I'm currently working on wont have this problem.
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:56 PM
I couldn't get my sims to do anything to the fire, extinguish it or even panic, they just ignored it. Probably the testing cheats would have worked, didn't come to think of that---I removed the file from my downloads folder and went back to the lot. It was actually funny, the fire was still there, but obviously not a buyable one anymore, and everybody was running and screaming in panic :-) . Well, now the fireman kindly did his work, so there was a happy ending. My sims, however, did not get mollified with the fireman, they still want him dead for his lecturing---how ungrateful :-).
I have to test your fabulous fire again and see what happens. Hope you manage to create your decorative fire, I have been longing for one for ages. It woud be so great to build huge middleage fireplaces..
Have a nice day,
Ligeia
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Odd. The fireman should take care of it or it should burn out. You can have your sims try to extinguish it themselves. Personally, I use the testing cheats to force an error on it and use the delete option. The decorative fire I'm currently working on wont have this problem.

Do you have any idea when that will be ready? I need this for a video, I'm going to try the current hack tonight, but it would be best if the fire doesn't spread. I also need to be able to moveobjects.
Page 1 of 4