Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Pillow Fights

by Targa Posted 4th Oct 2005 at 6:49 AM - Updated 25th Oct 2006 at 8:22 PM by daysies

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 8:54 AM
Well, I love your works!!!! But shouldn't it be put into Testing Ground?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 12:22 PM
why would we not want to fight with pillows? not sure but maybe sum people will like it
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 12:30 PM
Thankyou, I have been waiting for this. Now I will stop killing them.......
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 1:18 PM
Default No Pillow figths
Targa - You're a lifesaver!! This is something I've waited for :baloons: - I almost stopped playing coz of this stupid behaviour.... Thank You for this and all the other hacks - got them all :bandit:
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 1:34 PM
Targa, these are Global hacks. You're modifying game code that occurs behind-the-scenes, therefore, I've moved them to the appropriate place.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 7:26 PM
Bleah. I don't like being in Global Hacks. First of all, it doesn't get front page billing when you click the Downloads link at the main page, and consequently very few people come here. Also, many people are afraid of anything labeled as a hack. Technically this is not a hack (change in game code). Pillow Fight, KickyBag, and other such things are more aptly termed "social objects", and as such, are subject to the same options as any other object. I've simply taken the Pillow Fight object and changed the "who can interact with this object?" Object Function to "no one", rather than the default Adult/Teen/Children setting. Ah well.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 7:29 PM
ooo...O i love pillow fights! cool anyway
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 3:48 AM
At last I can stop my sims smacking the crap out of each other, thanks for the download, now my sims can act more civilised !

Come and see what's so 'spicy' at www.spicysims.com
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 10:48 AM
I don't see what's the problem with pillow fights !
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 9:29 PM
Will sims still want to have pillow fights or will that be gone??
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 3:21 AM
:salute: OH, thank U! I almost stopped playing too because of that annoying behavior. Great idea, thanks!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
Bleah. I don't like being in Global Hacks. First of all, it doesn't get front page billing when you click the Downloads link at the main page, and consequently very few people come here. Also, many people are afraid of anything labeled as a hack. Technically this is not a hack (change in game code). Pillow Fight, KickyBag, and other such things are more aptly termed "social objects", and as such, are subject to the same options as any other object. I've simply taken the Pillow Fight object and changed the "who can interact with this object?" Object Function to "no one", rather than the default Adult/Teen/Children setting. Ah well.

Sorry, but that still constitutes a hack as you have not modified the code behind a tangeable object, like a table or a chair. If you wish to gain more publicity with your creations, advertise in your signature.

DDO
Systemic Anomaly
#14 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 12:32 AM
No offense, but Daysies is spot on here. You are redefining an object GUID for a "global social" and changing the default behavior of the game - that's a global hack by definition. On a related note: did it occur to you that you might have simply changed the guardian function (in PersonGlobals) to universally return FALSE instead of cloning the entire social object so you could uncheck 2 boxes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
On a related note: did it occur to you that you might have simply changed the guardian function (in PersonGlobals) to universally return FALSE instead of cloning the entire social object so you could uncheck 2 boxes?

Nope, can't say it did. I don't know diddly about editing BHAV's, so I did it the only way I knew how. Since no one else had posted "no pillow fights" and "no kickybag" hacks, and these behaviors were driving me mad, I had to make do with what I could do. The archived files are ~4k in size, compared to 99.999% of all other downloads on this site, that's miniscule. So the inference that "cloning the entire social object" with emphasis on "entire" (the inference being that it's HUGE) is not very applicable in this instance.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 10:56 PM
where do you put it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 12:13 AM
My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads folder.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 2:57 PM
Targa, thanks very much!!!! I do hate that stupid behavior! From nowhere those pillows appear and our dumbbies Sims start that childlish fight! Duh! Thanks for stop them! :nod:
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:22 PM
Thank you! I hate it this action! Last night Crystyl Vu's Hubby kept trying to pillow fight her! She was pregnant (with twins it turns out) at the time and I kept thinking what a moron this guy was for doing so.....Her hubby also became dearly departed last night....

Anyways this may be a sims life saver... Mua hahahahaaaaaa
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crystyl
...Her hubby also became dearly departed last night...

LOL! That's what I call payback!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 6:14 PM
Thank you. I have a refined, so I thought, elderly couple. The first thing they did was pull out pillows from their shorts and started this nonsense! Ack! Pillow fights are for teeny bopper girls at sleepovers(stayups).
Instructor
#22 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:26 PM
Hi Targa! I did just a quick check on your mod (Check closer later).
I've been voiding all those interactions by simply unchecking the trees. I have another goal in Sims. In the reality I just want that the puppets test my built houses for technical mistakes. Everything they do is just disturbing. I want the puppets to walk around and use objects so that I see if they are correctly placed and all accesses are open and free. There are two problems I could not solve at all: 1)Unchecking Play Red Hands don't void the interaction (it is also just a social object).

2) Do you know what do do to avoid that all Sims gather together in front of a sink or dishwasher? I've been fighting with this problem since TS1 and no matter what is done, after washing up all Sims stays in front of a sink/dishwasher like if it was the best place on earth.
I tried to place the sinks in tiny rooms surrounded by doors, but they squeeze themselves inside this tiny room just to stay in front of the sink. :naughty:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 3:45 PM
Well, it's been a while since I did this, but if I remember correctly you'll need to uncheck the "debug menu" box also. For every pie menu function, the only thing that should be checked is "demo child". If there's a "Debug" hidden pie menu function, that one should have "debug menu" and "demo child" checked.

As for gathering in front of a sink/dishwasher, I have no idea how to solve that. I've never seen that problem before.

On another note, it's funny that you say "I just want the puppets to test my stuff"...this is exactly why I came up with the No KickyBag and No PillowFights mods. I was trying to test stuff and they kept playing these games instead of doing what I wanted them to do.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
Since no one else had posted "no pillow fights" and "no kickybag" hacks, and these behaviors were driving me mad, I had to make do with what I could do.

Actually, TwoJeffs and JM Pescado have had no kickybag and no pillow fight mods for quite a while now. I prefer to still have the option especially now with NL because they will come up as wants and there is no way to satisfy them. I wish they didn't do it quite so much but it doesn't bother me so much I would kill my sims! I can't believe people would kill their sims just because of kickybag or pillow fights, or stop playing the game because of it. I keep my sims pretty busy so they only play it when they aren't bogged down in other activities. You can also turn off free will.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:42 PM
It was more because I don't really play the game, just test new objects/mods. I have to have free will enabled to check some things, and this behaviour was interfering with my testing.
Page 1 of 3