Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

As requested: Rei (catboy Sim)

by shimmeringcat Posted 13th Oct 2005 at 12:39 AM - Updated 4th Jan 2006 at 4:18 AM by shimmeringcat : Nightlife compatible only because of Nightlife outfit

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Faster kill pussycat
#2 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 3:24 AM
he is fricken HOT!

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 5:53 AM
I think so too. Can I be any more prejudiced?

Thank you for your comment. And I thank those who downloaded and said thanks too. :tooth:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 5:57 AM
I really have to agree (even tough i am a guy and not gay) he was really sexy )
I truly thank you )
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 10:06 AM
really nice hair color. good looking face too. great job
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 12:40 PM
at me the new hair color dosent work
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:20 PM
He looks good but I can't install it It writes "this content requires expansion pack that is not installed".. What expansion pack do I need? Nightlife?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 1:54 PM
Yes, Nightlife is required because the outfit Rei is wearing is a default Maxis outfit from the expansion pack. :weep: However, if you look at my profile and the other downloads that I have made available in the past, you will find two other catboys and they don't require any expansion pack to be installed. Hope that helps. :weep:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 11:36 PM
I love him. He's great, not surprising though what with your other catboy Sims and all.

This Space for Rent.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nova-storm
he is fricken HOT!

I agree! Smokin!!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:45 AM
Aw man, if only I had Nightlife. ;_; (Or the patience to download that .net framework thingy so I could use Clean Installer. *much hate for dialup!*)
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 7:14 PM
^_^ I'm not a big fan of the clumpy "inuyasha" hair, but I will admit, that this Sim is VERY pretty. :3
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:16 AM
kawai!!! (cute!!!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 7:50 AM
Thanks, guys, for your comments. =D

DClick: Nightlife is well worth getting. Many new interactions, objects and stuff. =)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 9:59 PM
I don't have Nightlife, so I used Clean Installer to get Rei. I thought it odd that only one file was listed by Clean Installer; there were no files listed for hair, skintone, etc. He shows up in Body Shop with a few of his custom items that I've downloaded elsewhere, but he has no hair or even a back to his skull!

148 kb is just about the right size for a downloadable Sim with no custom content at all. Hair alone should add another 400 kb or so, depending on color and style. Add custom skin and I would expect the file to be a few megs, and a considerable strain on my dial-up system. Could you check the file you uploaded? I don't think it has everything you intended. Maybe you could offer his hair as a separate download, everything else is available elsewhere.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BastDawn
148 kb is just about the right size for a downloadable Sim with no custom content at all. Hair alone should add another 400 kb or so, depending on color and style. Add custom skin and I would expect the file to be a few megs, and a considerable strain on my dial-up system. Could you check the file you uploaded?

You do need Nightlife because the outfit is a default Nightlife outfit by Maxis.

The rar file is a compressed file. When you open it, you should see a reicatboy.Sims2Pack file. It's 539,995 kb. (I just did that with the uploaded file.)

I don't know why some folks are able to download my catboy properly and some folks can't. This problem happened with my previous catboy downloads. If you already have the original hair mesh from Compulsive D, you should be able to see my recolor of the hair.

If you still can't... I'm really stumped. :weep:
Field Researcher
#17 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 9:18 AM
I will download it again but he did not have any hair when I downloaded him several days ago and I have the original compulsive D hair mesh from way back.
I mostly just downloaded it for the the pink hair as I have a bunch of recolors of this mesh , just no pink one. thanks
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shimmeringcat
You do need Nightlife because the outfit is a default Nightlife outfit by Maxis.

The rar file is a compressed file. When you open it, you should see a reicatboy.Sims2Pack file. It's 539,995 kb. (I just did that with the uploaded file.)

I don't know why some folks are able to download my catboy properly and some folks can't. This problem happened with my previous catboy downloads. If you already have the original hair mesh from Compulsive D, you should be able to see my recolor of the hair.

If you still can't... I'm really stumped. :weep:

:2cents: I only need Nightlife for the clothes, which I can live without. I have the hair mesh, but your unique hair color isn't in the Sims2Pack file. Look again: a 539,995 kb file is surely too big to compress down into a 148.3 kb rar file, which is the size of the download. Unzipped (unrarred? ) Rei is a 528 kb Sims2Pack file, which could be enough to contain some custom content but definitely not a skin tone, and it's about 1/10 the size of the file you're saying it should be. I don't know what could have happened to the file; just take a closer look at the download.

Poor Rei! He looks so strange with no back to his head... :argh:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 4:15 AM
Let me just ask quickly: has anyone downloaded Rei and gotten everything to show?
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 2:19 AM
OMGness! Maybe you can make the Bakura sim I've been looking around for. ^^; Similar hair too..hm. I love the tattoos. =D

At first there were monkeys, but then they got abducted... and then suddenly they came back all shaved and standing upright and stuff, and all the other monkeys pointed and laughed.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 10:48 PM
shimmeringcat, I download him, I have the hair mesh and Nightlife, but the hair doesn't shows, in fact in the picture on CAS he's bald, and when I select him I get some random hair in some random hair color... Too bad, he just isn't the same without the pink hair
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 5:55 AM
I tried downloading the skin colour but it said "unexpected end of achive"
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:14 AM
Im just gonna say i love it! I got the body to work, yay! but the hair still doesnt work, i have the same problem as RMarques, good job thou =D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 6:16 PM
I have to tell you, I love your catboys, and I have all of them *snags Rei*! well, now I do. Anyway, these guys are so sexy and yummy. I also have your other guys that are just the bishounen cause they're cuuuuuute! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For sharing and all those good things that you do and please, keep it up. On a side note, I'd love to know how you get their faces to look that good, I've tried and it's really really hard. So, fantastic job!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:18 AM
Thanks, Synfullegend. Glad you're having fun with the bishies. I love them too. :valentine

Skyline, RMarques, I'm stumped. I don't know why some are able to get a hold of the full set (including hair) and some are not able to.
Page 1 of 2