Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**UPDATED** 2-tile Wooden Ladder (stairs)

by Targa Posted 14th Oct 2005 at 7:04 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2005 at 4:44 AM by Targa : Updated to version 1 - fixed global stair animations

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Targa : 15th Oct 2005 at 11:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
Thanks for the ladder! It's to bad that the animation of a sim climbing the wall in the obstacle course couldn't be borrowed for this...just a thought.

I'll definitely look into that.

Edit: LOL. The animation is one continuous anim, so the Sim approaches the ladder then teleports about 5 tiles away, crawling on the ground. Then proceeds to climb up and over an invisible wall and down the other side - then teleports up/downstairs.
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 11:48 PM
Yea recolors would be awesome!

"I heard that your brain stops growing when you start doing drugs. Let's see, I guess that makes me 19."
- Steven Tyler, Aerosmith
Field Researcher
#53 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:15 AM
Nice work! This and your other ladder design (and those forthcoming) will add a lot to my game ~ thank you!!

I don't know anything about how animations are utilized in-game, but would it be possible to use the pool-ladder in and out, and make it repeat as the Sim descends and ascends? If not, hey...teleportation works!
Instructor
#54 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
The animation is one continuous anim, so the Sim approaches the ladder then teleports about 5 tiles away, crawling on the ground. Then proceeds to climb up and over an invisible wall and down the other side - then teleports up/downstairs.
Hmmm that probably wouldn't work then ; was worth a try

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 7:34 PM
Spiral Staircases: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=81691

There are others on this site too.......

"I heard that your brain stops growing when you start doing drugs. Let's see, I guess that makes me 19."
- Steven Tyler, Aerosmith
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hairfish
Nice work! This and your other ladder design (and those forthcoming) will add a lot to my game ~ thank you!!

I don't know anything about how animations are utilized in-game, but would it be possible to use the pool-ladder in and out, and make it repeat as the Sim descends and ascends? If not, hey...teleportation works!

I've already tried that. The pool in-and-out animations cause the Sim to drop below the floor as if they were in the pool - looks exactly the same (position-wise, etc) as when in a pool.
#57 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 9:06 PM
This is so awesome, thank you
Now my crazy farmer sims can woohoo in a real barn loft :P

"I would never do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own anatomy, okay?"
Instructor
#58 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 7:33 PM
The only way the Rintel family in "90 Has No Secant" can get into their attic is through a ladder...hard to demonstrate when the game doesn't come with one!!! I'm glad you made this...it puts me one step ahead with the design of the Rintel House. By the way, have you ever considered putting this on The Sims 2 Exchange? (Or would they have something against it?)
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 9:47 PM
(\__/)
(='.'=) Thank you =c)
(")_(")
Instructor
#60 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 7:08 PM
cute idea!!!

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
#61 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 2:25 AM
WHat program do i use?
what program should I use to open the file? Im using the sims 2 custom content installer, and i keep getting a pop-up saying to double click the package file, and i click it, and the same pop up comes up again
Test Subject
#62 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 12:14 PM
These
loft-beds have a ladder-animation, I think it's a modification of the usual stari-animation. Can't you do somthing like that, or ask The dream team if you can take their animation?
Btw, great ladder you have make! :thumb:

My January promises are more
Than words softly spoken
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 8:57 PM
good idea! super

"(...)Bo nie ma we mnie nic i nic nie jestem wart
A czerwień mojej krwi to tylko jakiś żart
I zapominać chcę tak często jak się da
Że nie ma we mnie nic i nic nie jestem wart
"
Instructor
#64 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 9:41 PM
OMG! Thank you sooo much! I have wanted this forever, and never thought I would see anyone make one!

...now if someone just made a bed like a haybale, I could have my sims sleeping in a barn....
Test Subject
#65 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 10:07 PM
How do you do it
this might sound stupis, but how do you put .zip and .ra files on sims2

Well look at me and say im your momma. yup that how i Roll. Gass
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...ster/justme.jpg
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 10:07 PM
How do you do it
this might sound stupid, but how do you put them on my sims 2

Well look at me and say im your momma. yup that how i Roll. Gass
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...ster/justme.jpg
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 2:12 AM
Gasstwister:
There's a link at the top of the page that tells you how to install files. (btw check SimJymm's signature)
Instructor
#68 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 1:07 AM
Targa, could you make one of your ladders so that it would function as a pool ladder? That would make it look more natural for those of us that are using cheats to make a swimmable lake with the diving platform method. Otherwise, they just levitate 10 feet from the surface of the water to the ladder, and it looks really odd.

I tired to pm you about it, but it said your message box was full.Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 5:16 PM
Default Wowowow
[COLOR=Blue]nice for my farm[/COLOR] TnX Targa

happy newyear by the way
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SixStringSlim
Very nice! Almost like the one's I made for Sims1 (That was another lifetime ago LOL). Well done.

Loved your objects for my original simmies Slim.

Also, Targa, this is great thank you. Looks much better for my barns, we never had fancy staircases on my RL farm.
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by superdude14086
what program should I use to open the file? Im using the sims 2 custom content installer, and i keep getting a pop-up saying to double click the package file, and i click it, and the same pop up comes up again
Use the "Sim File Maid 2"

:moose: Canadian Moose
Test Subject
#72 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 10:54 PM
Ooooh this'll be great for my Anne Frank-ish cabins!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:36 AM
So, its basicly your teleporter, but It looks like a ladder?

Its ok if it is, it still looks great!

I like pie...
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:09 AM
I've been waiting for this a long time! Going to upload it right now
#75 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:51 PM
woohoo *runs away with the ladder* yay!
Page 3 of 5