Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1 -- All Game Versions --

by GunMod Posted 19th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2009 at 7:55 AM by -Maylin-

611 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 545 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 25
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:03 AM
This camera mod looks great

Now known as CMW15
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:06 AM
omg, sweet, i love it
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:14 AM
Finally been waiting for one that works with UNI and NL!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:16 AM
Uau, it seems great! I'll give it a try. And thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:20 AM
Looks awesome GunMod! I have a question though... you state a couple of times there "object fade removed". Are you referring to stairs, ceiling lamps, etc? And if so, is there an easy way for us to put that part back? Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:42 AM
@ Targa.
I suppose I could make a version that has the fade, but I do wonder why someone would want this?

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:47 AM
So, is this like the original game view, but with a bunch of extra features, and won't "replace" anyhing already in the game?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:50 AM
Isnt the fade in the CineCamCamera file? So if I edited my file to include the parts I want to mod..

the reason you might no want things to fade sometimes is that often you are trying to get a picture of something and something else is in the way, if you zoom in close enough that something will fade out of the way. If it doesnt fade then you have to move it out of the way, like when Uni students transition after making the phone call to go home, the phone wont fade so you have to move it to get an unobstructed picture of the transition.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:53 AM
@ Targa, second version up for you hos.

@bumpercarmonday

Not exactly, It lowers the clipping ( removing objects close to camera) extends the zoom and pitch (Pitch is up or down movement of camera) adds movement to Neighborhood cam (Default could not move up or down), adds zoom modes to CAS mode.. and a few other things.
The actual movements of the camera have not changed except in regards to some cameras have more movability than before.
So while it does extra features, it does change the default cameras.
I spent a lot of time just in testing (around 40 hours now) to make sure you dont get wierd anomilies or anything that you wouldn't want.
I could have made the cams do more zooming, etc, but that came with some costs that would take a while to explain. I hope you enjoy them, but if not, just replace them with your back ups and everything will be fine.

It DOES NOT change in anyway shape or form how the game functions.
All it does is enhance the user's visual experience.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nectere
Isnt the fade in the CineCamCamera file? So if I edited my file to include the parts I want to mod..

More than just there, but I put a version up that has the orginal fade, so enjoy

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 2:05 AM
yeah I found the other fade in LiveCamera. Thanks for the mod, I have been waiting for a new neighborhood camera to come along!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 2:14 AM
This should be great. I'm always lamenting the camera restrictions in neighborhood view. Thanks for this.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 2:45 AM
Hey Gunmod,

I moved your thread to Config Mods simply because it's not a standard download (and where you put it before would assume it goes into Downloads). There are other camera hacks in this forum already (like some of Delphy's early ones), so I thought this would be a good place to put it.

Daysies
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 2:48 AM Last edited by GunMod : 19th Oct 2005 at 3:01 AM.
hey Daysies,

I would have put it there, but with the new upload feature --cough hack spit -- there wasn't an option for such

In fact the ONLY way I could post to the modifications section was to set all my options to the old Pre V2 settings... Which I actually like better

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:08 AM
I ran into a slight problem. I can't find an .exe file in the rar file I downloaded (I got the one with the fade). There are only .txt files in there, which I assume are meant to override the settings in the camera folder?

I must not be understanding the installation instructions clearly. Are we supposed to open up the "run" feature in windows or is this supposed to be run from within the zip/rar folder itself? I'm very confused.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:14 AM
Awesome mod i'm gonna download it right now :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:18 AM
I've been waiting for you to update this mod - my prayer has been answered :D. Thanks a lot.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#19 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:19 AM
Just back up the folder and replace the files. Go work, GunMod.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:30 AM
Thanks for the info, jaxad. That's what I thought but the instructions on this page make it sound like there's an .exe file in their that we're supposed to be using. Cool.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:33 AM
For the orginal version, with fading removed, a simple exe installs the files into the right place, for the version without fading I didn't use the exe.
The exe is just a WinRAR exe and poses no threat.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:36 AM
Updated the description above for the install of the FADING ON version.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Inventor
#23 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:41 AM
Thank you so much, hope this solves my small annoying problems I have had recently since NL with my camera's downtown. Thanks so much.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:44 AM
Thanks so much for the "fade" version. (It's tough to find usable views on some of my tree-covered lots.) I tried editing your version 2 file, but I couldn't tell a difference. With any luck, this one will do the trick.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:51 AM
Everything looks good, but I do have one tiny complaint. The scrolling from side to side and up and down (by use of asdw keys and edge scrolling) is painfully slow. It moves at a snail's pace and on a large lot it takes quite a while to get from one end to the other. May I ask for advice on how to change the settings to make the camera movements with asdw keys and edge scrolling go faster?

Page 1 of 25