Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - Forensic Investigation - by request

by Nysha Posted 19th Oct 2005 at 9:49 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2005 at 5:32 PM by whiterider

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 10:39 PM
The perfect major for a CSI junkie (too bad I couldn't enroll at Sim State and take this!)

(\__/) Why are you reading this!?
(='.'=) Don't you have a family to ignore?
(")_(")
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 11:23 PM
I love CSI thank you for this download!!!!!
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 1:02 AM
Wonderful! Thank you! This is my first career download! I've been waiting for something I really wanted. This is one of them Thanks for taking the time to make it and your persistance with the upload! I do appreciate your efforts whole heartedly!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 1:42 AM
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 2:09 AM
Looks Great! Will there be career to go with it?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 7:10 AM
Not if I'm supposed to be making it! (careers tend to go terribly wrong for me) But I know the person who requested it suggested that it would complement the law enforcement career track.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 7:41 PM
Thank you! It puzzles me how you do modding (I think that's what it's called)
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:20 PM Last edited by betelgeuse_5 : 20th Oct 2005 at 10:32 PM.
YAY!! You made it just for me!! I feel soooo special! I've been at uni all week (doing the above modules, hehe!) and it's great to come home, put my feet up and play the sims! *faints with excitement*
THANKYOU!!!!!
*is easily excitable*

You remind me of the babe...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:14 AM
The CSI: Balamb family gets a pre-series history.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by samgower
Thank you! It puzzles me how you do modding (I think that's what it's called)
http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=234 - give it a go! (Ooh yeah... I've been meaning to add my two-pennies worth to that for weeks... hm, procrastination to the rescue...)

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:43 PM
ooooo I love this!!! And I love going on here and posting and seeing everyones ideahs its great!
#13 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 7:41 AM
I downloaded it then tried it and it never turned up in my game... *sniffs* *tear*
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Queensim16
I downloaded it then tried it and it never turned up in my game... *sniffs* *tear*
That happens.
The way Maxis designed stuff, the custom majors never show up in the selection panel (unlike the careers, which are added to the selection for random generation every day).

Basically, you'll never see it when you call/go online for the registrar, you'll need this amazing mod for the computer, which gives you the option to "select major", and shows you all the available majors, that is: Maxis majors, custom majors, and the "undeclared" state. You can find this wonderful piece of simnology here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...=MajorsMadeEasy

Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 4:21 PM
Thanks so much for this.

Love what you did with your smilies on your original post...not lazy, quick and straight to the point.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 10:18 PM
"mr. willaby, would you mind if i fingerprint your spigot?" ~Grisham, CSI original!!! I'm an original CSI lover and now i only wish i had university!!!! great job eventhough i won't have uni till xmas!!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 9:15 AM
Yay i luv CSI
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 8:34 PM
Hi, I have a little problem...

The class titles aren't displayed properly in my game. While the game lists my sims' major as 'Forensic Investigation' and displays the proper icon, the class titles seem to be taken from a regular Maxis-made major. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:11 PM
What language is your game set up for perhael?

Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:38 PM
English. Thanks for the quick reply, btw.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 9:12 AM
I've figured out part of the problem- it's overwritten the Economics major. What I don't understand is why it's done that, since I'm pretty sure I got the GUID right.
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:42 AM Last edited by sims2chic13 : 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:52 AM.
I LOVE CSI!!!

does it work on mac? and where do i put the file?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 5:20 PM Last edited by whiterider : 4th Nov 2005 at 5:30 PM.
What d'you mean you got the GUID right? I'm sure the major has it's own - I never forget that bit... jut let me check...

EDIT: Checked, it was just me not clearing all languages. Should work fine now.

Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 9:13 PM
Hey, thanks! It works now.
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 5:31 AM
Wow, this looks good. Never considered downloading a custom major until I saw this.
Page 1 of 2