Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 Where can I find...? (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559)
-   -   WCIF *Working* Save Cleaner program (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=547717)

Queklain 6th Feb 2015 6:24 PM

WCIF *Working* Save Cleaner program

Save Cleaner by Kuree is touted by the community as being THE fix for bloated save games aside from the painful steps of editing the files in S3PE yourself. But it doesn't seem to work and there's no talk of it not working for anyone else. It always throws an error whenever I open it. I had someone look over what the program is doing when it throws the error and it looks like it's missing a debug file. The program doesn't seem to be updated anymore... does anyone have a working copy or know someone who's been updating it?

max4love 6th Feb 2015 7:28 PM

I'm currently using the Save Cleaner and it's the only reason I am still playing with the same family for months and months. Usually, loading times would get ridiculously long and there would be constant freezing and stuttering from faulty stuff in the save. I don't know why it isn't working for you, but it's literally a life saver on my end. :/

sweetdevil 7th Feb 2015 1:07 PM

There were several people complaining about it not working in the thread on Simlogical; IIRC, most of the issues were solved by either updating your .NET framework or redownloading the program (in case something went wrong with the download). If need be, I can post links to both the 1.0 and 2.0 versions of the program; they both work slightly differently and are just as good.

max4love 7th Feb 2015 2:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
There were several people complaining about it not working in the thread on Simlogical; IIRC, most of the issues were solved by either updating your .NET framework or redownloading the program (in case something went wrong with the download). If need be, I can post links to both the 1.0 and 2.0 versions of the program; they both work slightly differently and are just as good.

Those sound like reasonable reasons it might not work for some. Please share the links! I'm sure it will help anyone else with problems. I myself have been using it a little over a year, though, and haven't really had problems.

sweetdevil 7th Feb 2015 3:16 PM

Save Cleaner v1.1 | mirror
Save Cleaner v2.1 | mirror

I seem to recall having some issues with version 2.1, as it also wiped any photos my Sims took with the WA cameras.
That problem doesn't appear in v1.1.

Edit: updated post with mirror links, in case Box goes tits up.
Edit 2: to avoid having your photos/paintings deleted in v 2.2, see this link.

Queklain 7th Feb 2015 7:03 PM

Save Cleaner v1.1
Save Cleaner v2.1

I seem to recall having some issues with version 2.1, as it also wiped any photos my Sims took with the WA cameras.

You are wonderful. It's version 2 that keeps throwing the error, but version 1 is fine. I will see what it does to my saves! Thank you so much.

Indigo-L 25th Aug 2015 5:50 PM

Which version of Save Cleaner is the working one?

Quote: Originally posted by max4love
I'm currently using the Save Cleaner and it's the only reason I am still playing with the same family for months and months. Usually, loading times would get ridiculously long and there would be constant freezing and stuttering from faulty stuff in the save. I don't know why it isn't working for you, but it's literally a life saver on my end. :/

Hey ,

I read about version 1.0(?) and version 2.2 of the Save Cleaner. They say; Version 2.2 will delete the photos taken with the WA cameras? Which version are you using?

Thanks a lot *

computerguyj13 18th Oct 2015 10:27 PM

I'm having the same version with 2.1 and 2.2. It throws a bunch of script errors. But version 1.1 works for me. Thanks for posting.

HanoM29 31st Dec 2015 10:34 AM

Thank#s for helping me. I was getting an error with Save Cleaner v2.1 which was the version I downloaded. Then I downloaded v1.1 I was not getting any errors at all. It also helped on framrates alot in Bridgeport which was the world I was playing in.

risiera 14th Oct 2016 1:30 PM

Thank god for you...thanks so much for the link..I tried the newest version and had the same problems as others..threw an error and no option to see my save I wanted to clean...haven't loaded up my game to check but my save went from 200mbs to 89mbs...version 1.1 seems to be the winner. :lovestruc

Save Cleaner v1.1 | mirror
Save Cleaner v2.1 | mirror

Edit: updated post with mirror links, in case Box goes tits up.
Edit 2: to avoid having your photos/paintings deleted in v 2.2, see this link.

Tiffany562411 6th Nov 2016 3:03 AM

It says Kuree's save cleaner needs NET4.0 Framework to run but it don't leave a link for that. Where can I get this framework needed for it. Please somebody reply

igazor 6th Nov 2016 7:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tiffany562411
It says Kuree's save cleaner needs NET4.0 Framework to run but it don't leave a link for that. Where can I get this framework needed for it. Please somebody reply

It's part of Windows. Which versions of .NET you have installed and available to activate by default will depend on which version of Windows you are running.

But before going down that road, things have shifted a bit since this thread was started. If you are on Patch 1.69, then versions 2.x of SaveCleaner will not work at all. Many are still having success with version 1.1.

barbarat 6th Nov 2016 3:07 PM

Tiffany562411 - In case you missed it, I responded to your PM with the the same info as igazor but also gave you a link to download the Net framework.

Tiffany562411 7th Nov 2016 3:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's part of Windows. Which versions of .NET you have installed and available to activate by default will depend on which version of Windows you are running.

But before going down that road, things have shifted a bit since this thread was started. If you are on Patch 1.69, then versions 2.x of SaveCleaner will not work at all. Many are still having success with version 1.1.

Does that mean version 1.1 won't work for me either. My game is 1.69 & it's windows 8.1 my laptop runs on. How I'm going to clean my saves??? My game takes 47 minutes to load & 15 minutes to save

barbarat 7th Nov 2016 4:19 AM

Tiffany - I have again responded to your PM suggesting you go through the Better Game Performance document I linked to in my first PM response.

As igazor mentioned above some people have been able to use version 1.1. The only way to know if it will work for you is to try it. Keep in mind though, as good as Save Cleaner is it only cleans out SNAP files. You will need to take additional steps to clean up your game. Also, post your DeviceConfig.log which has your system specs.

Tiffany562411 7th Nov 2016 8:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Tiffany - I have again responded to your PM suggesting you go through the Better Game Performance document I linked to in my first PM response.

As igazor mentioned above some people have been able to use version 1.1. The only way to know if it will work for you is to try it. Keep in mind though, as good as Save Cleaner is it only cleans out SNAP files. You will need to take additional steps to clean up your game. Also, post your DeviceConfig.log which has your system specs.

Thanks I will try it out right now & see how it goes. Hope it works

barbarat 7th Nov 2016 9:22 PM

Hello There Tiffany:
We seem to be going in circles here. Let's try another approach if you don't mind. Help with your problem will get more visibility in this forum than PM's that have different subject matter.

Here is where we left off in the last PM:
You indicated that you knew of the performance document for a while but none of it helped.
What suggestions have you tried to solve your current issue other than having Error Trap and Overwatch?

Did you clean up your saved game files using suggestions in the Clean Up Game Files column? Where you are on 1.69 you must have a huge number of .temp files in the DCCache folder and also in the Featured Items Folder. Have you cleaned those out? Those folders will cause loading delays and the .temp files eat up RAM.

Have you checked to see if your system can now handle everything as directed in the Misc.and System Tips column?

Quote:
S3PE says my game has 28337 snaps which is obviously the issue why my game takes so long to load & save. I tried to delete the snaps with S3PE but it doesn't seem to be doing nothing when I press delete on my keyboard.

The number of SNAPS is not necessarily what the problem is; but of course needs to be considered overall. You need to let us know the steps you took using S3PE. Just saying you tried and it did nothing when pressing delete does not tell us anything. And where I do not use S3PE to clean SNAPS your question will be better served right here at MTS.

I understand from your last PM you are on Win 8. We need to see that DeviceConfig.log so system capabilities can be ruled out as part of the problem.

I do understand your frustration. Hang in there. Keep all communications in one place here so others can better understand your problem and what steps have been taken to correct it. There is a lot of experience in this forum. We just need you to help us by clarifying things more so we can help you

Tiffany562411 9th Nov 2016 3:11 AM

Hello There Tiffany:
We seem to be going in circles here. Let's try another approach if you don't mind. Help with your problem will get more visibility in this forum than PM's that have different subject matter.

Here is where we left off in the last PM:
You indicated that you knew of the performance document for a while but none of it helped.
What suggestions have you tried to solve your current issue other than having Error Trap and Overwatch?

Did you clean up your saved game files using suggestions in the Clean Up Game Files column? Where you are on 1.69 you must have a huge number of .temp files in the DCCache folder and also in the Featured Items Folder. Have you cleaned those out? Those folders will cause loading delays and the .temp files eat up RAM.

Have you checked to see if your system can now handle everything as directed in the Misc.and System Tips column?

The number of SNAPS is not necessarily what the problem is; but of course needs to be considered overall. You need to let us know the steps you took using S3PE. Just saying you tried and it did nothing when pressing delete does not tell us anything. And where I do not use S3PE to clean SNAPS your question will be better served right here at MTS.

I understand from your last PM you are on Win 8. We need to see that DeviceConfig.log so system capabilities can be ruled out as part of the problem.

I do understand your frustration. Hang in there. Keep all communications in one place here so others can better understand your problem and what steps have been taken to correct it. There is a lot of experience in this forum. We just need you to help us by clarifying things more so we can help you

I followed these steps from wikispaces

At the bottom, make sure the check boxes for "Display: Names" and "Tags" are checked
Now make sure the check box for the Tag field is also checked and fill in "SNAP" (without the quotes) in the text box below
Press the "Set" button and you'll see the "SNAP" text gets copied into the box below that
Check the "Filter Active" check box. S3PE will now only show you the SNAP resources in the left-hand pane
Highlight any one of the resources and press ctrl+A on your keyboard
Wait (patiently, depending on your system and the number of SNAPs) until S3PE highlights ALL the SNAP resources
Press the "Delete" button on your keyboard
From the menu, select: "File" then "Save"
Now select: "File" then "Exit"

Device config log. Here's all of it.
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 2 CPU Speed: 2167 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2489 RAM: 1939 Adjusted RAM: 1427 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz
Family: 6
Model: 7
Cores: 2
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 1939MB
Free memory: 985MB
User: Tiffany562411
Computer: MY-PC-WORLD
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0f31, Board: 802a103c, Chipset: 000e
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 10.18.10.3925, GUID: D7B78E66-4C71-11CF-D97C-20A0B3C2C735
Driver version: 3925
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 1032MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 0
LightingQuality 1
GeneralReflections 0
TextureQuality 1
VisualEffects 1
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 0
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 3
TreeQuality 1
DrawDistance 1
MaxActiveLots 1
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 0
AudioQuality 2
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 0
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 2083519
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 1
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 4
EnableAging 0
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 1
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 0
EnableMemories 3
AgingStageLengthBaby 64
AgingStageLengthToddler 150
AgingStageLengthChild 150
AgingStageLengthTeen 300
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 450
AgingStageLengthAdult 450
AgingStageLengthElder 364
EnableInteractiveLoading 0
AgingStageLengthPuppy 75
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 268
AgingStageLengthDogElder 150
AgingStageLengthKitten 75
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 300
AgingStageLengthCatElder 182
AgingStageLengthFoal 50
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 375
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 182
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 3
EnableLunarCycle 0
EnableLunarPhase 1
EnableStoryProgression 0
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 0
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 1
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 0
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
=== Default Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 0
LightingQuality 1
GeneralReflections 0
TextureQuality 1
VisualEffects 1
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 1
TreeQuality 1
DrawDistance 1
MaxActiveLots 1
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 0
AudioQuality 2
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 0
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 1
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 1
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 1
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 1
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 1
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 1
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 0
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1

Save cleaner version 1.1 did shrink my saves file size & dropped my game loading time from 47 minutes down to 17 minutes & save time from 15 minutes down to 5 minutes so obviously there's more fixes I need to do. I think I know what. Maybe I need to merge combine my cc .packages files but I don't know how to & how to not mess them up. Some how I gotta learn...so here i am & thank u for being willing to help. I feel stupid Lol cause I'm not sure if u needed the whole log.

Edit...O it's u. I Just realized...I thought I was talking to somebody else lol! I sent u a pm earlier

Edit) I always delete dccache backup files & featured item thumbs frequently & during gameplay too. Everytime before I start my game I delete caspartcache ; scriptcache ; simcompositorcache ; socialcache

Yesterday I deleted my whole towns memories using Nraas MC & then I used delphy to look for corrupt cc or conflicts. The only thing delphy found a issue with was buhudain omsp resizers saying that it's conflicting with mods so I deleted buhudain. The result after deleting them is it got rid of some lag in my game

igazor 9th Nov 2016 6:46 AM

Device config log. Here's all of it.

How many EPs do you have in play (and which ones)?

I hate to be the one to point this out, I know it's not going to be pleasant news. But you are playing this game on a computer whose processor is very under-powered for it, with an integrated graphics chip, and with only 2 GB of RAM. Even when you solve your game's current issues, you can't really expect more than the base game (if that) to run without all manner of ongoing performance issues. In particular, the integrated graphics chip is going to force things that would be offloaded to a dedicated card if you had one to instead run by the processor and use more RAM. But you have no processor power or RAM to spare, it's actually impressive that you can run Win 8 on 2 GB of RAM plus a web browser and maybe an office type program. If you force the game to perform better and things to work harder, you run the very real risk of overheating things and damaging the device completely.

Is this the best/strongest computer on which you have to play?

Tiffany562411 9th Nov 2016 1:22 PM

How many EPs do you have in play (and which ones)?

I hate to be the one to point this out, I know it's not going to be pleasant news. But you are playing this game on a computer whose processor is very under-powered for it, with an integrated graphics chip, and with only 2 GB of RAM. Even when you solve your game's current issues, you can't really expect more than the base game (if that) to run without all manner of ongoing performance issues. In particular, the integrated graphics chip is going to force things that would be offloaded to a dedicated card if you had one to instead run by the processor and use more RAM. But you have no processor power or RAM to spare, it's actually impressive that you can run Win 8 on 2 GB of RAM plus a web browser and maybe an office type program. If you force the game to perform better and things to work harder, you run the very real risk of overheating things and damaging the device completely.

Is this the best/strongest computer on which you have to play?

I have all ep's. My pc gets warm but never hot

igazor 9th Nov 2016 5:28 PM

I have all ep's. My pc gets warm but never hot

Strange as it may seem, failure to dissipate heat is not necessarily a good sign. Overheating happens internally, not externally. It's your computer to do with as you wish of course, but the point of my response is that expecting TS3 in particular to perform and perform well on it is not realistic.

Tiffany562411 9th Nov 2016 9:13 PM

Strange as it may seem, failure to dissipate heat is not necessarily a good sign. Overheating happens internally, not externally. It's your computer to do with as you wish of course, but the point of my response is that expecting TS3 in particular to perform and perform well on it is not realistic.

Although I have all ep's checked in launcher I only have 1 game town I play. Lag used to be my issue but not no more cause I was able to fix the lag by clearing the whole town memories with Nraas MC & then I used delphy & delphy found all of buhudain omsp resizers was conflicting with mods. So I deleted all of buhudain omsp resizers & then lag solved

Save cleaner 1.1 helped & thank u for mentioning it to me. It dropped my game load time down from 47 minutes to 17 minutes & my save time from 15 minutes down to 5 minutes. Which is a lot better but not perfect. It also was part of helping me clean up lag

Maybe cause what u say about my pc...Maybe I won't be able to get it to go less than 17 minutes in load time & less than 15 minutes in save time...but I have tons & tons of sims 3 packs & .package cc & some poses & some mods. I'm thinking next step is merging them but first I gotta learn how to & how to not mess them up. Idk how I'm gonna learn but I gotta. Seems I was able to rid all lag I believe there's hope. I'm clueless how to merge

My games & origin are not on C drive. There on D drive that has 5 TB...more than enough room they need. Not that that matters. I just figured I would let it be known.

I go offline in origin & then I close it with task manager & play offline

Thank u. I appreciate your help

barbarat 9th Nov 2016 10:41 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking next step is merging them but first I gotta learn how to & how to not mess them up. Idk how I'm gonna learn but I gotta. Seems I was able to rid all lag I believe there's hope. I'm clueless how to merge

Tiffany - I'm glad you made such good progress!

If you decide to merge scroll down on this page to: Should I Merge My Mods Together. Also included in that section are several links to tutorials and applications needed for merging.

If you need help I suggest you start a new thread in the Custom Content Forum Here at MTS. There are already several threads in that forum that should be helpful and your questions will get more visibility than here in WCIF.

Tiffany562411 10th Nov 2016 7:10 PM

Tiffany - I'm glad you made such good progress!

If you decide to merge scroll down on this page to: Should I Merge My Mods Together. Also included in that section are several links to tutorials and applications needed for merging.

If you need help I suggest you start a new thread in the Custom Content Forum Here at MTS. There are already several threads in that forum that should be helpful and your questions will get more visibility than here in WCIF.

Thanks I'm going to check it out after get some sleep

minutegold 10th Nov 2016 11:20 PM

My pc gets warm but never hot

You can try a program like Speccy (the free version will do just fine) to get more exact readings of the temperatures of your computer's components.