Mod The Sims
Page 8 of 44

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

Menaceman44 17th May 2016 2:03 PM

If I knew the first thing about Python coding I would attempt this as I want it SOOO bad in my game. Sadly, I haven't a clue. I even downloaded Python specifically so that I could take a look and I didn't even get past opening the program. That was it.

Enjoji 18th May 2016 11:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
If I knew the first thing about Python coding I would attempt this as I want it SOOO bad in my game. Sadly, I haven't a clue. I even downloaded Python specifically so that I could take a look and I didn't even get past opening the program. That was it.

You and me both... I did ask way above if there was a possibility of a tutorial - or even just a few pointers - by haven't heard anything, so I guess the answer to that is a no...
This is the best height mod simmythesim has created, in my opinion - I can't go back to the others he's done, so will have to make do with this - as unfinished as it is

jaiden 3rd Jun 2016 9:47 PM

Sadly, this mod won't work in a few updates :c

Spinetiti 4th Jun 2016 3:56 PM

I really hope that someone (simmythesim if he is still working on it ) will update that mod, it was very usefull to make my game more realistic (i was only using the height sliders, if at least them would be updated that would be awesome !) Thanks in advance !

Menaceman44 4th Jun 2016 4:02 PM

jaiden, what makes you say that?
spinetiti, simmythesim has already said they have retired from modding so won't be working on this anymore.

Spinetiti 4th Jun 2016 5:17 PM

Oh that's sad, I really hope someone who knows something about how the last patch affected this mod wil be able to make the sliders work

Menaceman44 4th Jun 2016 5:36 PM

I'd just be grateful if simmythesim would be willing to post there raw code here for someone else to pick up and possibly carry on with. They are unresponsive to contact at the moment.

jaiden 4th Jun 2016 11:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
jaiden, what makes you say that?
spinetiti, simmythesim has already said they have retired from modding so won't be working on this anymore.

Sometimes happens, without a knowledge.

kdott13 5th Jun 2016 3:39 AM

The mod no longer works with the new update for June 3rd. This totally sucks

fairjuno 9th Jun 2016 6:43 PM

i hate that you won't be modding anymore, but this slider works fine for me. i love the fact that my sims are all different sizes, i really hope someone can pick up and keep this one going.

amywong723 10th Jun 2016 6:35 AM

so i've read the instructions like 40 times, i've tried going on youtube and couldn't find anything. i SWEAR that everything is checked. cc and scrip mods. i've tried to type in the command and everything. the old command and the new one. "add_slider 13801231225349348340 <number>" i tried that with decimals and nothing. "add_slider height -50" nothing, i even tried with decimals too. everything. i went into CAS, i went into "change sim". i do understand the mod maker has retired i was hoping maybe someone who uses this mod could help me?. again im 100% positive that i have everything checked and i read the comment section hoping to resolve this issue but i cant and i'm really hoping that someone will help. i suspect maybe the new june update may have made the mod un-useable. i'm hoping this isn't the case. thanks in advance.

orchidkit 10th Jun 2016 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by amywong723
so i've read the instructions like 40 times, i've tried going on youtube and couldn't find anything. i SWEAR that everything is checked. cc and scrip mods. i've tried to type in the command and everything. the old command and the new one. "add_slider 13801231225349348340 <number>" i tried that with decimals and nothing. "add_slider height -50" nothing, i even tried with decimals too. everything. i went into CAS, i went into "change sim". i do understand the mod maker has retired i was hoping maybe someone who uses this mod could help me?. again im 100% positive that i have everything checked and i read the comment section hoping to resolve this issue but i cant and i'm really hoping that someone will help. i suspect maybe the new june update may have made the mod un-useable. i'm hoping this isn't the case. thanks in advance.

hope its help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ0spReEadM

KatJustice97 17th Jun 2016 5:48 AM

If you're trying in CAS, it won't work, which is really annoying. You have to place the family in the world, enable testingcheats, then apply the slider with the new code. From there, you could go to manage worlds and modify that family in CAS so you can save the changes, which seems WILDLY inefficient to me.

I don't understand why the mod doesn't work in CAS. Like doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I don't want to place the sims in the world before I can use it, I want to just go into CAS and load the family and modify them. It's also kind of annoying to have to have to turn testingcheats on just to use the sliders, but maybe twistedmexican's testingcheats Always On mod can help with that.

On the flip side, the even proportions are nice. I wish instead though, there were leg(maybe thigh/calf)/torso sliders that affected height separately. If I ever figure out Python maybe I'll try, but don't count on it.

Morphar 19th Jun 2016 6:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by katgirl28888
If you're trying in CAS, it won't work, which is really annoying. You have to place the family in the world, enable testingcheats, then apply the slider with the new code. From there, you could go to manage worlds and modify that family in CAS so you can save the changes, which seems WILDLY inefficient to me.

I don't understand why the mod doesn't work in CAS. Like doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I don't want to place the sims in the world before I can use it, I want to just go into CAS and load the family and modify them. It's also kind of annoying to have to have to turn testingcheats on just to use the sliders, but maybe twistedmexican's testingcheats Always On mod can help with that.

On the flip side, the even proportions are nice. I wish instead though, there were leg(maybe thigh/calf)/torso sliders that affected height separately. If I ever figure out Python maybe I'll try, but don't count on it.

CAS is a totally separate program from the gme written in program language C++ and we don't have the source code. Parameters for sliders is instead passed to the output from CAS, the sim.

AGuyCalledPi 19th Jun 2016 8:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
CAS is a totally separate program from the gme written in program language C++ and we don't have the source code. Parameters for sliders is instead passed to the output from CAS, the sim.

I'm preeeeeettty sure CAS isn't separate in any way.

Lodakai 22nd Jun 2016 7:23 AM

Make sure any script file that you are using is not more than 1 subfolder level deep.

IE You CAN have it in the sims 4 > Mods > Height slider
but you CANNOT have it in sims 4 > Mods > bodymods > Height Slider

Menaceman44 8th Jul 2016 12:57 AM

For anyone who understands python and the way coding works, simmythesim has agreed to share his source code for the scripts and other bits needed for these to work.
I've uploaded the files he sent me to my oneDrive
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8KXkA0MW12hjkJiY_T6hHUV3KS
I hope somebody who understands this stuff wants to take over the wonderful project simmy started.

aco-nite 19th Jul 2016 1:44 AM

Oh my god? I'm diseased.
I leave the sims for months and I come back to this? Yes please.

aco-nite 21st Jul 2016 4:08 AM

My mod kind of stopped working for some reason. It worked fine at first, although I only tested it with one sim, but now no matter what I do, the commands do nothing

kakeru_naruse 27th Jul 2016 9:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by aco-nite
My mod kind of stopped working for some reason. It worked fine at first, although I only tested it with one sim, but now no matter what I do, the commands do nothing

I think the mod stopped working on the latest patch. Unfortunately, the creator isn't updating it anymore It was fun while it lasted though.

alexpilgrim 30th Jul 2016 9:33 AM

The height sliders are working for me, my game is fully patched (as of today July 30). I'm not sure about the gradual slider, children still grow into those huge monsters, must it be activated with a command or am I missing something??? (Though of course they can be adjusted manually with the height slider)

I assume the height sliders are:
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Tall.package

And the gradual/shorter teen one is:
Height Slider Growth.package
???

Thanks!

Lodakai 30th Jul 2016 11:46 AM

The children grow until their birthday to be about the same size as a teen.
Once they age up, the teen will be quite taller than anyone (because it is still their birthday.. they are at the adult size as a teen)
After midnight they will shrink back to the height they should be.

lkandak 4th Aug 2016 7:28 PM

The updated height and gradual height increase mod would be so awesome! Too bad it's not being updated anymore

Rainbeau115 6th Aug 2016 3:04 AM

Has anyone gotten the add_slider bulge xx mod to work properly? I have had npc's with packages (WHOA there Mr Goth), but my Sims never get the effect. For me the height slider is working fine with all updates. **knock on wood, fingers crossed...
And if anyone ever figures out a way to streamline this pack of mods, please don't leave out the bulge slider. I hate having neutered men in my game.