Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 11

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

simmythesim 3rd Feb 2016 6:20 AM

Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update

2 Attachment(s)
Hands, Neck and Bulge Sliders have been added! Now with gradual height growth!

Height Slider
Hello guys! Since my current height slider mod is quite outdated, I decided to massively improve it!

Hand Slider (added in version 0.02)
The hand slider allows you to resize your sims hands!

Neck Slider (added in version 0.03)
The Neck Slider allows you to lengthen or shorten your sims necks!

Bulge Slider (added in version 0.04)
The Bulge Slider makes your sims less flat in the crotch area. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Note that this slider only affects certain bottom clothing options, which is the following:
List:

If your sim isn't wearing any of these, the slider won't have any effect, unless the slider is being applied for the first time, where any clothes will be affected.

Gradual Height Change and Randomized Height for NPC's (added in version 0.05)
The Gradual Height Change is sort of a slider, but it's also not simultaneously. This marks the return of shorter teens from the old mod! This time, it also shortens your existing teens!

The Gradual Height part makes it so that your child and teen sims grow, every day, at midnight, which is pretty cool, I admit!

It also randomizes the heights of the NPC's in the neighborhood, for more realistic sims, this only happens if their height hasn't been randomized, by the way.

Instructions
Anyway, to install, simply unzip the file and put the files into your mods folder. DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RISK YOUR GAME IN THE EVENT SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENS. It's heavily unlikely, though.

New Instructions.

IMPORTANT
Enter add_slider <command> <number>, with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise.

Commands:

Old Instructions

: Current Bugs:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.

Portraits are out of frame if you resize your sim.

Question testers should answer
1. Does it work? And if it doesn't post the error log.

2. Does it transfer genetically to sims born in-game? I'm quite busy now and I don't really have the time to spend 3 sim days doing nothing. So go ahead and get your tall or short sims pregnant!

Release Notes

v0.06.1 Reuploaded Scripts as .ts4script instead of .zip
v 0.06 Fixed a major bug where Gradual Height Increase wasn't working. This is the last version where all sliders are in one zip.
v 0.05 Fixed the bug where not putting the bulge slider in caused the game to be unplayable. Added in Gradual Height Change and Randomized NPC heights.
v 0.04.1 Added back Height Slider Tall to the zip.
v 0.04 Added Bulge Slider
Fixed bug where -50 and below were the same as -100 on some sliders.
v 0.03 Added Neck Slider
v 0.02 Added Hand Slider
v 0.01 Made it much easier to add the slider.

plasticbox 3rd Feb 2016 11:15 AM

Cool! I took the liberty to announce this thread in the EA forums, hopefully some testers will come over =).

simmythesim 3rd Feb 2016 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Cool! I took the liberty to announce this thread in the EA forums, hopefully some testers will come over =).

Thanks! The more people testing it out, the more bug-free the first release is going to be!

rvm4488 3rd Feb 2016 6:49 PM

I tried it and either I'm not doing it right or it's not working for me. Could you clarify a bit more in the instructions? Like do I need to be in CAS mode? Is there an actual bar that shows up that I can adjust? Because what I did was type in "add_slider Height 50" and nothing happened. Am I supposed to leave the "< >" in there? Sorry if I'm being an idiot, I've never worked with this sort of mod before, but I love the idea! Thanks!

ditzyscrap 3rd Feb 2016 9:16 PM

I'm going to give this one a try tonight/tomorrow...got a lot going on today, but should be able to give it some time later!

simmythesim 3rd Feb 2016 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rvm4488
I tried it and either I'm not doing it right or it's not working for me. Could you clarify a bit more in the instructions? Like do I need to be in CAS mode? Is there an actual bar that shows up that I can adjust? Because what I did was type in "add_slider Height 50" and nothing happened. Am I supposed to leave the "< >" in there? Sorry if I'm being an idiot, I've never worked with this sort of mod before, but I love the idea! Thanks!

Some tips:
You need to be in Live Mode, I believe (I think I heard this somewhere) sims in CAS aren't true sims yet. You also need to make sure that "Script Mods" is checked in the game settings, if it's unchecked, absolutely nothing will happen if you type the cheat in!

EDIT : It's new slider time! I've added a hand slider in the latest version.

Jixend8 5th Feb 2016 12:52 AM

I played around with both of the sliders and they work great, nothing wrong with them for me. Looking forward to any more sliders you create and will definitely test.

Triplis 5th Feb 2016 5:05 PM

I played with it a bit last night. Haven't played with it for all that long, so can't help you there.

But so far, I'm not encountering any major issues. The kissing animations are off with different heights, but I think you already know that. What's weird to me is that just about every other animation I tried between two sims was NOT off. Things like hand-holding and hand-kissing. It was really only the stuff like Kiss, Kiss Neck, and Passionate Kiss that were off. It's almost as if some of the animations were made to handle height differences, but kissing was not? Weird.

Anyway, the only other issue I saw (which I think is also not new news) is the portrait placement being off for height-modified sims - that is, not the UI icon itself, but the picture that goes inside the UI icon. I wanted to mention this because on a theoretical level, I have a guess as to what's causing it... I suspect that the portrait (excepting for maybe babies) is updated from a camera snapshot of your sim. This snapshot is taking at a preset height for the different life stages.

If this theoretical camera snapshot code exists and you could find a way to tell the snapshot camera to change its height based on the height of the sim, it might fix the issue. I don't know how helpful that is cause I'm not terribly familiar with the codebase itself, but maybe it'll help with how to think about the problem.

That said, great work! I like how simple the commands are.

simmythesim 5th Feb 2016 5:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CardTaken
I played with it a bit last night. Haven't played with it for all that long, so can't help you there.

But so far, I'm not encountering any major issues. The kissing animations are off with different heights, but I think you already know that. What's weird to me is that just about every other animation I tried between two sims was NOT off. Things like hand-holding and hand-kissing. It was really only the stuff like Kiss, Kiss Neck, and Passionate Kiss that were off. It's almost as if some of the animations were made to handle height differences, but kissing was not? Weird.

Anyway, the only other issue I saw (which I think is also not new news) is the portrait placement being off for height-modified sims - that is, not the UI icon itself, but the picture that goes inside the UI icon. I wanted to mention this because on a theoretical level, I have a guess as to what's causing it... I suspect that the portrait (excepting for maybe babies) is updated from a camera snapshot of your sim. This snapshot is taking at a preset height for the different life stages.

If this theoretical camera snapshot code exists and you could find a way to tell the snapshot camera to change its height based on the height of the sim, it might fix the issue. I don't know how helpful that is cause I'm not terribly familiar with the codebase itself, but maybe it'll help with how to think about the problem.

That said, great work! I like how simple the commands are.

Thanks! The animation and portrait problems aren't new though, and are probably unfixable. The commands used to be really complicated by the way, it used to be something like "add_slider 293489238498492 1.0", until somebody suggested I made it easier.

Tadhg10 6th Feb 2016 5:54 PM

Great set of mods! I've really enjoyed using it, but I have noticed that with aliens the sliders reset to 0 when removing / adding disguises.

amaka18 6th Feb 2016 7:08 PM

I type "add_slider Height -50" and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Everything is enabled and I can't figure out the source of the problem. I would really like to give this mod a go

fairjuno 6th Feb 2016 11:35 PM

thank you rvm4488 for asking the question, i was just about to do that when i saw your post. i will now go and try this out.

simmythesim 7th Feb 2016 3:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tadhg10
Great set of mods! I've really enjoyed using it, but I have noticed that with aliens the sliders reset to 0 when removing / adding disguises.

I forgot to mention! When first added to a sim, it's basically not part of their genetic data yet, so you will have to reapply the sliders after they age up, however, if your sim gives birth, the child should have all of the sliders part of their genetic data! So only the first generation is affected by the bug, and aliens. I'll try bugging the SimGurus if there's a way to modify the genetic data.

Quote: Originally posted by amaka18
I type "add_slider Height -50" and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Everything is enabled and I can't figure out the source of the problem. I would really like to give this mod a go

Are you sure that both custom content and script mods are enabled in the options menu?

scumbumbo 7th Feb 2016 4:22 AM

Very interesting StS, hope to get the chance to play around with this soon!

simmythesim 7th Feb 2016 8:11 AM

Thanks scumbumbo! Anyway, I was testing the mod today, and I realized that for some reason the genetic part of the sliders weren't working, even in CAS, for some odd reason. I think when I made it easier to add the sliders, I broke something in the process.

scumbumbo 7th Feb 2016 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Thanks scumbumbo! Anyway, I was testing the mod today, and I realized that for some reason the genetic part of the sliders weren't working, even in CAS, for some odd reason. I think when I made it easier to add the sliders, I broke something in the process.

Hmmm, wouldn't be able to tell you for sure since I didn't get a copy of the previous version, but it looks like the if structure may be wonky. Stripping out everything else and just making comments may help you see what's going on - and it may be you're doing what you want to do, I dunno! It's also possible the block structure got managled by the reverse compiler.
Something like this might be a clearer way to write the code, since there can be only one modifierstring:

simmythesim 7th Feb 2016 2:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Hmmm, wouldn't be able to tell you for sure since I didn't get a copy of the previous version, but it looks like the if structure may be wonky. Stripping out everything else and just making comments may help you see what's going on - and it may be you're doing what you want to do, I dunno! It's also possible the block structure got managled by the reverse compiler.
Something like this might be a clearer way to write the code, since there can be only one modifierstring:

I finally rewrote that part to be less repetitive, so that even if I add like, a million sliders, the code where the modifier is applied don't get duplicated, unlike the previous one where every time a new modifier was added, the apply code was duplicated along with it. Anyway... I'm suspecting that EA changed how SimModifier files (sliders) work in the 2/4/2016 patch and caused custom sliders fail to be passed genetically.

Here's my post on the official forums about the bug.
Quote:
Previously, before the patch, any SimModifier the sim had on them was passed onto their offspring, so even if a SimModifier wasn't designated for their age/gender, as long as one as one of the parents had the SimModifier, the SimModifier had a chance to be passed onto the child.

While the part where SimModifiers for the wrong age/gender was a bug, now ANY custom SimModifier fails to pass on genetically even if the child is in the valid age/gender range for the SimModifier.

amaka18 7th Feb 2016 5:56 PM

Yep everything is checked. Do I have the slider input correct?

scumbumbo 7th Feb 2016 5:58 PM

Ok, sounds good. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they changed something on ya'. Hopefully you'll get a response soon.

scumbumbo 8th Feb 2016 3:33 AM

Yeah, v 0.03 is confirmed as non-functioning. I managed to get the script working and the results seem to be superb (with the minor issues noted so far about portraits and height-based animations).

ETA - Haven't played with the genetics, so no clue what's going on with those.

pixiejuice 8th Feb 2016 9:02 PM

I love it! It seems to work as intended in my game. (Haven't tested genetics yet, I just installed it a couple minutes ago.) Is there anything else specifically that you want tested?

The walking, proportions, and knees are much improved over the last version! And I am so happy that you were able to get a child version working! Thank you for working on this!

pixiejuice 8th Feb 2016 10:54 PM

Some things I noticed. On the height slider, the range works from 100 to -50. And lower than -50 does not make any change. I typed -60, -70, or -99 and nothing happens. They all look the same as -50.

^ same for both adults and children.

However, by visual appearance alone, the height difference between -50 to 0 looks a lot greater than 0 to +100. You can see what I mean in this picture here: https://40.media.tumblr.com/7472369...0woao2_1280.png

They were set, from left to right, as -50, 0, and 100. But the girl at -50 looks much smaller than default comparatively than the +100 girl is taller than default.

Here is a picture using adults, from left to right: default 0, 100, -50 https://36.media.tumblr.com/a891aa5...ao4_r1_1280.png

The same is true, the shorter scale seems much wider a range than the taller scale, even though the range in numbers is smaller. I hope that makes sense, lol!

I'm not sure if this is all something you intended or even if it's an "issue" at all. I just thought I'd point it out.

Persocom 9th Feb 2016 3:36 AM

Thank you , it works but just like what @pixiejuice said " Some things I noticed. On the height slider, the range works from 100 to -50. And lower than -50 does not make any change. I typed -60, -70, or -99 and nothing happens. They all look the same as -50.

Same thing for me the minimum can't pass -50 I hope you can extended it up to -100 or -150

But it works! So let me thank you !!

Persocom 9th Feb 2016 3:40 AM

Hands and Neck Sliders have been added!

Height Slider
Hello guys! Since my current height slider mod is quite outdated, I decided to massively improve it!

Hand Slider (added in version 0.02)
The hand slider allows you to resize your sims hands!

Neck Slider (added in version 0.03)
The Neck Slider allows you to lengthen or shorten your sims necks!

Instructions
Anyway, to install, simply unzip the file and put the files into your mods folder. DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RISK YOUR GAME IN THE EVENT SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENS. It's heavily unlikely, though.

New Instructions.

IMPORTANT
Enter add_slider <command> <number>, with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise.

Commands:

Old Instructions

Current Bugs:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.

Question testers should answer
1. Does it work? And if it doesn't post the error log.

2. Does it transfer genetically to sims born in-game? I'm quite busy now and I don't really have the time to spend 3 sim days doing nothing. So go ahead and get your tall or short sims pregnant!

Release Notes
v 0.03 Added Neck Slider
v 0.02 Added Hand Slider
v 0.01 Made it much easier to add the slider.

If I may can I request a custom slider from you? It would be a huge help for me.

- Arm Lenght
- Legs Lenght
- Torso Lenght

- Adjust minimum of height to -150
- Adjust minimum of hands to -150

Thanks.

simmythesim 9th Feb 2016 12:08 PM

I've confirmed that there is a bug for the height and neck sliders, instead of -100 being the minimum, -50 is the minimum. Only the Min number is bugged, the actual limits are not. Fixed in the version I'm currently testing

Cheekykinz34 9th Feb 2016 1:06 PM

What happens when you remove the sliders from your Mods folder? Do sims revert back to their original appearance?

Naturallyy 10th Feb 2016 3:14 AM

this is amazing tested and it works! only "complaint" it's not really a complaint because I can deal with it and I know you probably can't change it is the sims' portraits moving up or down when the heights are changed, I wish they'd stay still.

simmythesim 10th Feb 2016 8:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34
What happens when you remove the sliders from your Mods folder? Do sims revert back to their original appearance?

Logically, the same thing happens with any other custom content that's removed, it simply goes away, I'm not sure on this though, so I'll test later.

Persocom 10th Feb 2016 1:08 PM

Thank you @simmythesim, The sliders works perfectly fine! plus the new bulge slider is lol awesome. I hope you consider creating more body sliders , Again thank you ! and Goodluck to your future projects.

pixiejuice 10th Feb 2016 2:12 PM

I don't want to be demanding, so please ignore this if you want, but would it at all be possible to widen the range on the child height slider even more? I wouldn't want to use the extreme end of the scale for most of my sims, but there's a very particular situation that I'd like to create between children and teens, for example, if two siblings were two years apart, age 11 and age 13, that they could be nearly the same height. Or at least a bit closer than I'm able to get them right now. Like this picture here (shown is a child on the tallest height setting and a teen on the shortest height): https://40.media.tumblr.com/8e59f17...ao3_r1_1280.png

I would absolutely love to be able to mimic the look of gradual aging in my families, and the children look like they could be stretched just a little bit more. I know there would probably be clipping with objects, but I don't mind that if the trade-off is being able to age the children gradually in my families!

simmythesim 10th Feb 2016 2:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pixiejuice
I don't want to be demanding, so please ignore this if you want, but would it at all be possible to widen the range on the child height slider even more? I wouldn't want to use the extreme end of the scale for most of my sims, but there's a very particular situation that I'd like to create between children and teens, for example, if two siblings were two years apart, age 11 and age 13, that they could be nearly the same height. Or at least a bit closer than I'm able to get them right now. Like this picture here (shown is a child on the tallest height setting and a teen on the shortest height): https://40.media.tumblr.com/8e59f17...ao3_r1_1280.png

I would absolutely love to be able to mimic the look of gradual aging in my families, and the children look like they could be stretched just a little bit more. I know there would probably be clipping with objects, but I don't mind that if the trade-off is being able to age the children gradually in my families!

Imitate height changing? Heh, I'm working on it! Ever since I created the first iteration of the height mod, I thought, maybe, I could just imitate gradual aging! However, I couldn't do it at the time as, (sorry for the formatting, I'm on mobile)

1. Sliders for children couldn't be done as there were no body sliders for children to replace.

2. Sliders could only be modified in CAS and not through script mods.

3. I'm a python noob.

The reasons above caused it to not succeed. In fact, if you look through my old posts, I believe you'll find one of my old posts talking about it. Anyway, since we can now create sliders for children, and edit sliders for the Sim through python scripts, it's perfectly possible to create a mod that increases a Sims height gradually. Sorry for the long reply, and I almost forgot, yes I can extend the slider even further.

pixiejuice 10th Feb 2016 3:33 PM

Thank you! That all sounds very very cool! I am looking forward to it!

pentabet 10th Feb 2016 8:32 PM

(Regarding the safe removal of this mod...)

Logically, the same thing happens with any other custom content that's removed, it simply goes away, I'm not sure on this though, so I'll test later.

Did anyone manage to test this? I'd like to add it and check things out, but I don't want to remove it and suddenly all of my sims are walking around upside down, lol...

azoresman 10th Feb 2016 10:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pentabet
(Regarding the safe removal of this mod...)

Did anyone manage to test this? I'd like to add it and check things out, but I don't want to remove it and suddenly all of my sims are walking around upside down, lol...

I can assure you that it works awesomeness
In case you remove it. Sims return no normal states. So no worries

pentabet 10th Feb 2016 10:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
I can assure you that it works awesomeness
In case you remove it. Sims return no normal states. So no worries

Okay, thank you.

And thank you Simmythesim for taking another crack at this mod, we really appreciate it

---

ETA: So I'm trying it on my test family, and I have the sim I want to use it on selected in paused Live mode; in the cheat window I type in "add_slider Height 100". But nothing happens.
So I make sure script mods etc are checked, and back out to remove the files from the subfolder and place them directly into my Mods folder; I hop back in game and try again, but I see no change to my test sim.
I also tried turning on testingcheats, still no obvious effect. I made him change his clothes, leave the lot and return, something to trigger an appearance change, but it didn't change anything.

Was I supposed to put his name in somewhere? Did I type it wrong? I have what I think is the newest zip from today.

azoresman 10th Feb 2016 11:59 PM

Okay, thank you.

And thank you Simmythesim for taking another crack at this mod, we really appreciate it

---

ETA: So I'm trying it on my test family, and I have the sim I want to use it on selected in paused Live mode; in the cheat window I type in "add_slider Height 100". But nothing happens.
So I make sure script mods etc are checked, and back out to remove the files from the subfolder and place them directly into my Mods folder; I hop back in game and try again, but I see no change to my test sim.
I also tried turning on testingcheats, still no obvious effect. I made him change his clothes, leave the lot and return, something to trigger an appearance change, but it didn't change anything.

Was I supposed to put his name in somewhere? Did I type it wrong? I have what I think is the newest zip from today.

No you didn't do anything wrong.
The problem is: If you only downloaded ver 04 then the Tall Height package isn't there @Simmythesim , 'cos this was a correction made to the short height package and the new bulge addition.
So unless you have ver 03 you can only make sims shorter.

pentabet 11th Feb 2016 12:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
No you didn't do anything wrong.
The problem is: If you only downloaded ver 04 then the Tall Height package isn't there @Simmythesim , 'cos this was a correction made to the short height package and the new bulge addition.
So unless you have ver 03 you can only make sims shorter.

Ooooooh I see! Thanks, I'll go fix that now!

Yay it works! [ Set at "100" & "0"/Normal ]

simmythesim 11th Feb 2016 2:48 AM

Ooooooh I see! Thanks, I'll go fix that now!

Yay it works! [ Set at "100" & "0"/Normal ]

Each update is meant to be standalone which means you shouldn't need previous updates for it to work. I've updated the mod to have the "Height Slider Tall" package, as version 0.04 accidentally left it out. Thanks for reporting!

Cheekykinz34 11th Feb 2016 3:19 AM

Unfortunately, v 0.04 bugged out my game. My sims were moving their arms up and down and couldn't interact with anything. I don't have this problem with v 0.03.

simmythesim 11th Feb 2016 3:45 AM

Unfortunately, v 0.04 bugged out my game. My sims were moving their arms up and down and couldn't interact with anything. I don't have this problem with v 0.03.

Can you please post the lastexception file in your The Sims 4 folder, if there is one? I had this issue in development, but the latest version, as far as I tested, didn't have any issues.

Also, have you installed the bulge slider? The current version could be breaking if you don't have it.

Cheekykinz34 11th Feb 2016 4:56 AM

Can you please post the lastexception file in your The Sims 4 folder, if there is one? I had this issue in development, but the latest version, as far as I tested, didn't have any issues.

Also, have you installed the bulges slider? The current version could possibly be breaking if you don't have it.

No, I didn't install the bulge slider because I'm using these underwear replacements.

And btw, is it possible to increase the height maximum to 150/-150? I'd really like to make very short and very tall sims.

scumbumbo 11th Feb 2016 5:00 AM

I had something, possibly the same thing happen a couple of times when I tested, but it never occured once I took the original sliders mod out. Perhaps there's some interference there? My sim got all bent out of shape and would stop reacting properly (she'd previously been shortened by the original mod). Might be unrelated or have just been a glitch, only saw it twice.

simmythesim 11th Feb 2016 6:03 AM

No, I didn't install the bulge slider because I'm using these underwear replacements.

And btw, is it possible to increase the height maximum to 150/-150? I'd really like to make very short and very tall sims.

Oh, okay, Sims are glitching out because, the function which changes a sim's bulge relies on the bulge mod being installed, I'll fix this in the next version. The height slider is something I'm thinking of expanding too.

@Scumbumbo, I think the issue is being caused by having files from the old version of the mod still installed. Try removing all of the mod's files and put in the new files instead.

pixiejuice 11th Feb 2016 2:24 PM

For the record, I have those underwear replacements too, and they don't seem to conflict with the bulge slider. Just, if you use the bulge slider, the bulge ends up looking really really big on that underwear mesh, lol!

girlfromverona 12th Feb 2016 6:34 AM

I had the same problem as Cheekykinz34. I only installed the height sliders - I assumed that because they were all separate that we could pick and choose. I take it this is not the case?

simmythesim 12th Feb 2016 6:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
I had the same problem as Cheekykinz34. I only installed the height sliders - I assumed that because they were all separate that we could pick and choose. I take it this is not the case?

They're supposed to be separate, but when I did the bulge slider, I forgot to check if the slider existed in the first place, I'll update it soon to fix this.

girlfromverona 13th Feb 2016 7:20 AM

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.

simmythesim 13th Feb 2016 10:15 AM

An update is coming soon... and it's a big one to say the least. Stay tuned!
ETA:
@pixiejuice, let's just say this update is partly thanks to you

pixiejuice 13th Feb 2016 3:01 PM

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you've been working on!

Jixend8 13th Feb 2016 7:13 PM

Sliders are working great for me, haven't encountered any issues aside from heads being out of the portrait and too tall for CAS which I think is kind of hard to avoid. Nice work so far!

Enjoji 14th Feb 2016 10:53 AM

Hey hey simmythesim! Am so, so glad you're back! I have been testing your mod as well - and the Height, Hand (I love that one!) and Neck sliders work perfectly. I haven't tried the Bulge slider as yet, as it doesn't really interest me that much, but I have it installed anyway and might give it a bash later... Question - any chance for a Foot slider too? I know that the game has its own foot slider, but sometimes depending on what kind of sim I make, their feet still appear too small... If that's something you're not keen on doing, then that's ok - just thought I'd ask, anyway, lol...

I am enjoying this mod tons - and it's a huge improvement over your last one; I'm looking forward to seeing what the next big update is! You're doing great work - thank you so much

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Hey hey simmythesim! Am so, so glad you're back! I have been testing your mod as well - and the Height, Hand (I love that one!) and Neck sliders work perfectly. I haven't tried the Bulge slider as yet, as it doesn't really interest me that much, but I have it installed anyway and might give it a bash later... Question - any chance for a Foot slider too? I know that the game has its own foot slider, but sometimes depending on what kind of sim I make, their feet still appear too small... If that's something you're not keen on doing, then that's ok - just thought I'd ask, anyway, lol...

I am enjoying this mod tons - and it's a huge improvement over your last one; I'm looking forward to seeing what the next big update is! You're doing great work - thank you so much

I was about to just post the huge update when you posted! Anyway, weirdly enough, the game has two foot sliders, Foot_large and Foot_long, this is from memory though, so it may be wrong. I'll add another slider as adding sliders is easy. Anyway, the huge update is.... gradual height change! Since I've already typed a lot of the info from the update there, I'll be posting a link to there instead.

Reddit Announcement of Gradual Height Change

@pixiejuice, I think that you'll find this a great update!

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 12:50 PM

I was about to just post the huge update when you posted! Anyway, weirdly enough, the game has two foot sliders, Foot_large and Foot_long, this is from memory though, so it may be wrong. I'll add another slider as adding sliders is easy. Anyway, the huge update is.... gradual height change! Since I've already typed a lot of the info from the update there, I'll be posting a link to there instead.

Reddit Announcement of Gradual Height Change

@pixiejuice, I think that you'll find this a great update!

I'm confused, I don't see a link to the update over there, have you not posted it yet or have I misunderstood something?

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 1:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I'm confused, I don't see a link to the update over there, have you not posted it yet or have I misunderstood something?

It's going to go up soon, after I fix some game breaking bugs when you don't install certain sliders.

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 1:37 PM

It's going to go up soon, after I fix some game breaking bugs when you don't install certain sliders.

Oh okay, gotcha. So will it be up on reddit or on MTS? I want to know where I need to stalk lol.

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 1:50 PM

Oh okay, gotcha. So will it be up on reddit or on MTS? I want to know where I need to stalk lol.

It'll be uploaded here, very soon, possibly 30 minutes from now soon.

EDIT: Really soon! I promise, I just need to test it to make sure I didn't mess anything up at the last minute...

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 3:43 PM

It'll be uploaded here, very soon, possibly 30 minutes from now soon.

EDIT: Really soon! I promise, I just need to test it to make sure I didn't mess anything up at the last minute...

LOL That's okay, I'm sure we all appreciate what you're doing for us! I can't wait to try it out. :-)

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 3:44 PM

LOL That's okay, I'm sure we all appreciate what you're doing for us! I can't wait to try it out. :-)
@claudiasharon Good timing, I'm about to upload it right now!

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 3:55 PM

@claudiasharon Good timing, I'm about to upload it right now!

Omg yay! I see it but I am waiting for the uploaded file to show the change. I do have a question though, in order to shorten adults you need to use the commands, right? It doesn't do it in CAS?

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 3:57 PM

Omg yay! I see it but I am waiting for the uploaded file to show the change. I do have a question though, in order to shorten adults you need to use the commands, right? It doesn't do it in CAS?

Yup, you can look at the commands list at the post.

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 4:00 PM

Yup, you can look at the commands list at the post.

Okay cool, thanks for making this mod! <3 Putting it in my game now. Will let you know if I have any issues!

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 4:00 PM

Okay cool, thanks for making this mod! <3 Putting it in my game now. Will let you know if I have any issues!

Oh and warning though, some sims (1 out of 10) will get really tall and some sims will get really short, because this time, I'm randomizing the heights of NPC's.

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 4:03 PM

Oh and warning though, some sims (1 out of 10) will get really tall and some sims will get really short, because this time, I'm randomizing the heights of NPC's.

Okay good to know that's to be expected. I like the randomizing of NPCs height, that's a great addition to the mod.

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 4:08 PM

Some feedback needed guys, I think the mod's getting a little too bloated now, should I split the height slider and height growth into one mod, and then hand, neck and bulge sliders in another?

claudiasharon 14th Feb 2016 5:50 PM

Some feedback needed guys, I think the mod's getting a little too bloated now, should I split the height slider and height growth into one mod, and then hand, neck and bulge sliders in another?

Hmm the height stuff in one mod would be a good idea, but not sure hand, neck and bulge should be together too, because I like the hand part but not the neck and bulge part...but that's just me.

simmythesim 14th Feb 2016 6:36 PM

Hmm the height stuff in one mod would be a good idea, but not sure hand, neck and bulge should be together too, because I like the hand part but not the neck and bulge part...but that's just me.

Perhaps I'll separate the hand, neck and bulge sliders to their own mods? Anyway, I have another question, this time, it's a poll,

Would you get really mad at me if I put a donation link in the comments section of the reddit post of my mod? It's been a month since I started this mod, and some donations would help a lot, especially when you're living in a third-world country where wages are terribly low. Being a student doesn't help either Anyway, vote here! Strawpoll

Impatient Cow 14th Feb 2016 6:54 PM

I seem to have run into a problem with the newest version (v 0.05). The hands slider doesn't respond like the other sliders, which is weird because I remember it working so well on the previous version (v0.04.1).

pixiejuice 14th Feb 2016 8:45 PM

I have used all of the sliders and like all of them. However you need to split the mod would be fine by me as long as I can still have them all in my game!

Wow, the changing height sounds super cool! That will be an incredible feature for some playstyles. I have a bunch of questions though, first, before I add this to my game.

How will it work with extra long lifespans? If a child grows every night, how many days will it take them to be fully grown? And what height do they reach as fully grown? Default adult height?

I am playing with a personally customized aging mod that gives me a calendar of 120 sim-days per aging year. In my game, the child lifespan lasts 1200 days and teen lasts 840 days, so unless they grow by a very tiny fraction of a point every day, that probably won't work for me.

It sounds like it would be awesome for people playing on default timespans though! I just hope it's something I could choose to apply manually to my sims when they are due for their growth spurts. Sorry, I am just very very picky about what happens to every single one of my 135 sims!

Also, do children in non-active households grow every night too? Or do they only grow as part of the active household?

And for the randomized NPC heights, what do you consider NPC? Unplayed? Unhoused?

Sorry for all the questions, lol!

simmythesim 15th Feb 2016 1:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pixiejuice
I have used all of the sliders and like all of them. However you need to split the mod would be fine by me as long as I can still have them all in my game!

Wow, the changing height sounds super cool! That will be an incredible feature for some playstyles. I have a bunch of questions though, first, before I add this to my game.

How will it work with extra long lifespans? If a child grows every night, how many days will it take them to be fully grown? And what height do they reach as fully grown? Default adult height?

I am playing with a personally customized aging mod that gives me a calendar of 120 sim-days per aging year. In my game, the child lifespan lasts 1200 days and teen lasts 840 days, so unless they grow by a very tiny fraction of a point every day, that probably won't work for me.

It sounds like it would be awesome for people playing on default timespans though! I just hope it's something I could choose to apply manually to my sims when they are due for their growth spurts. Sorry, I am just very very picky about what happens to every single one of my 135 sims!

Also, do children in non-active households grow every night too? Or do they only grow as part of the active household?

And for the randomized NPC heights, what do you consider NPC? Unplayed? Unhoused?

Sorry for all the questions, lol!

By default, sims in both the child and teen stage grow from short to tall in 13 days. In the future, I'll hope to add compatibility with custom ages and the shorter/longer age lengths as it always assumes that the stages are both 13 days, so if you have a lifespan that lengthens, the sim will grow up early, but if you have a lifespan that shortens, the sims growth will get cut off.

They reach their "adult" height when they reach the end of the teen stage. Every child and teen in your game also grows if you've set aging on for them, not only your playable sims will experience the joy of getting older!

For the NPC heights, as this is a test version, a lot of functionalities aren't truly done yet, it randomizes the height of everyone, including your played sims. I'll add a toggle to only randomize sims not in your house.

girlfromverona 15th Feb 2016 3:26 AM

Just last night, I thought "I hope someone recreates the Grow mod from TS3". You are a legend! Thanks so much.

EDIT: I have babies set to 2 days, children set to 10, and teens set to 8 (basically a day per year). I'll let you know how I get on - it sounds like it should work ok.

pixiejuice 15th Feb 2016 3:29 AM

By default, sims in both the child and teen stage grow from short to tall in 13 days. In the future, I'll hope to add compatibility with custom ages and the shorter/longer age lengths as it always assumes that the stages are both 13 days, so if you have a lifespan that lengthens, the sim will grow up early, but if you have a lifespan that shortens, the sims growth will get cut off.

They reach their "adult" height when they reach the end of the teen stage. Every child and teen in your game also grows if you've set aging on for them, not only your playable sims will experience the joy of getting older!

For the NPC heights, as this is a test version, a lot of functionalities aren't truly done yet, it randomizes the height of everyone, including your played sims. I'll add a toggle to only randomize sims not in your house.

Okay. Thank you for the answers! I will stick with version 4 for now then, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the mod progresses. You are doing great work!

claudiasharon 15th Feb 2016 1:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a last exception file from what looks like to be the height slider. I'm not sure why or what the issue is, but it does have the height in it.

Oh and I've also noticed a lack of sims actually "growing" too.

jduggins11 15th Feb 2016 9:18 PM

Ok, I'm having trouble. The mod is not working for me, and yes both the scripted mods and custom content is on, but I've tried putting in the cheat during live play on my sims and it is not working. I put in the cheat like this (add_sliderheight-50) excluding the parentheses. and it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind I was typing it wrong, silly me

simmythesim 16th Feb 2016 3:15 AM

Got a last exception file from what looks like to be the height slider. I'm not sure why or what the issue is, but it does have the height in it.

Oh and I've also noticed a lack of sims actually "growing" too.

Whoops, looks like I left some code to debug, which isn't actually included in the final version, causing it to error out. There's also an alarm error, which means that the alarm didn't work correctly, the alarm is used to make sims get taller each day. I'll hopefully be able to fix this in time for the next release.

I've temporarily rollbacked to the previous version, marked as Stable, until I get it fixed as I'm quite busy this week. The current version is still there, but it's now marked as EXPERIMENTAL.

Morphar 16th Feb 2016 11:56 AM

I have used your previous mod a long time so I am a little surpriced of this bug:

Quote:

Long parents got children that when they grow up is as long as their parents. Is this fixed by EA now or is your old mod different.from the new in genetics?
Will my stretched sims from your old mod still be stretched or do I have to start from scratch in a new game?

I like the portraits to be as they are in old mod. That make it easier to match couples.

I'll test this as soon as you update.

Enjoji 16th Feb 2016 9:31 PM

Thanks for the update, simmy! I have a question - if you do split the mods up, will you keep the manual height slider separate from the gradual aging/random NPC height mod? I did try out the gradual height mod, and although it's very very cool, I personally am very happy with the original height slider and prefer to go in and edit every Sim (even the NPCs, lol) and give them the height I want; I'm just hoping you'll still keep that option around for any of us who are ridiculously OCD and 'control-freak' about stuff like that, lol..
..not sure if my post made any sense, lol

simmythesim 17th Feb 2016 4:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Thanks for the update, simmy! I have a question - if you do split the mods up, will you keep the manual height slider separate from the gradual aging/random NPC height mod? I did try out the gradual height mod, and although it's very very cool, I personally am very happy with the original height slider and prefer to go in and edit every Sim (even the NPCs, lol) and give them the height I want; I'm just hoping you'll still keep that option around for any of us who are ridiculously OCD and 'control-freak' about stuff like that, lol..
..not sure if my post made any sense, lol

I believe that you can actually drop only the height slider in your game and it will still work. Perhaps I'll split it into three mods then? One for height and optionally setting of height for NPC's, one for child and teen growth, and the rest in a slider pack? Sounds like a good idea.

simmythesim 17th Feb 2016 12:08 PM

Hey guys, update for the mod! It fixes the gradual height change being unable to execute after midnight, also, this is the last release where the height growth, height, and other sliders are combined. The next release should (hopefully) separate these three, so players can choose between those three as the mod was getting too large and bloated.

New version is 0.06! @claudiasharon, I believe this should solve your problem.

claudiasharon 17th Feb 2016 12:47 PM

Hey guys, update for the mod! It fixes the gradual height change being unable to execute after midnight, also, this is the last release where the height growth, height, and other sliders are combined. The next release should (hopefully) separate these three, so players can choose between those three as the mod was getting too large and bloated.

New version is 0.06! @claudiasharon, I believe this should solve your problem.

OMG yay! I was awaiting an update, I am excited to see this working in my game. Will post if any more issues arise. Thank you! <3

Edit: I noticed you used a .zip and not a .ts4script file. Is there a reason for the change? Will I be able to put the .zip in a subfolder (Hacks or Test) in my mods folder or should I leave it out?

simmythesim 17th Feb 2016 12:58 PM

OMG yay! I was awaiting an update, I am excited to see this working in my game. Will post if any more issues arise. Thank you! <3

Edit: I noticed you used a .zip and not a .ts4script file. Is there a reason for the change? Will I be able to put the .zip in a subfolder (Hacks or Test) in my mods folder or should I leave it out?

Ah. I really am acting like an idiot these days. Anyway, ts4scripts are literally just zips with the file type name changed, there's no difference at all, it's just so people won't accidentally unzip them. You can put it one subfolder deep. I'll reupload it as a ts4script.

claudiasharon 17th Feb 2016 1:07 PM

Well it's working great so far! <3

simmythesim 18th Feb 2016 6:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CHall10006
Wow this mod seems really cool! I don't really use mods but my sister probably will, she also uses your Get to College mod, her favorite mod. Keep up the good work!

I've been planning to remake that mod from the ground up, as I didn't really like how it turned out. Anyway, thanks!

Morphar 18th Feb 2016 11:54 AM

I used this on a game where I used your old mod. The full height sims become normal size but it's only one family so I saved the game with another name and are now updateing the heights of that family members.
A big difference in walk styles with this on. Thank you.

Morphar 18th Feb 2016 11:25 PM

Sorry, my fault.

Mendota 19th Feb 2016 2:29 AM

I hope that the final mod is split because I play with aging off. I don't want my sims to grow on their own. I tend to age them up as my story progresses. I don't want to be rushed, and some of my stories and Sims are static, (think of The Simpsons}

simmythesim 19th Feb 2016 2:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I hope that the final mod is split because I play with aging off. I don't want my sims to grow on their own. I tend to age them up as my story progresses. I don't want to be rushed, and some of my stories and Sims are static, (think of The Simpsons}

Your sims only grow according to their age, if they don't age at all, they won't grow.

Mendota 19th Feb 2016 5:50 AM

Thank you for answering.

Your sims only grow according to their age, if they don't age at all, they won't grow.

Thank you, I wondered about that, as someone asked how changing the life span would affect the mod, and you said 13 days no matter if the length is changed. That is why I was unsure. Thank you so much for these mods. I have been using your old one and I had no complaints. It might not have been perfects, but having the Sims at different heights and ages was worth it. Now I am really excited that you were able to do kids. I will be testing this one out this weekend. Thank you again.

coraltheo 19th Feb 2016 10:59 PM

I've checked whether cc and scripts were enabled, and tried using the new commands with both versions of the download. i've tried using it in live mode with testingcheats and without, and I still can't seem to use the mod. I typically use folders to sort out who made what mod; does it have to be in the main folder?

residentliza 20th Feb 2016 2:00 AM

I just added this to the game, and I love it! I've been changing everybody's height. I haven't done the other sliders, just the height one. Is there a limit? I did -200 and the sim looked like a cute miniature.

simmythesim 20th Feb 2016 1:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by coraltheo
I've checked whether cc and scripts were enabled, and tried using the new commands with both versions of the download. i've tried using it in live mode with testingcheats and without, and I still can't seem to use the mod. I typically use folders to sort out who made what mod; does it have to be in the main folder?

Try putting script mods directly in the mods folder and see if it works.

Walker28361 20th Feb 2016 8:14 PM

Where can I download this from?

drew790 21st Feb 2016 3:24 AM

Haven't noticed any errors so far. I've noticed if you leave the old mod in and put this on top you can make extra tall/short sims.

simmythesim 21st Feb 2016 4:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Walker28361
Where can I download this from?

The download link is at the bottom of the first post.

igor97 21st Feb 2016 8:35 AM

I have it not work(

The download link is at the bottom of the first post.

I have it not work(

Walker28361 21st Feb 2016 9:23 AM

Thanks, couldn't see the wood for the trees!

Morphar 21st Feb 2016 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by igor97
I have it not work(

Do you have other mods working?

igor97 21st Feb 2016 2:33 PM

Yes))))))))

Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Do you have other mods working?

Yes)))))))))

Menaceman44 21st Feb 2016 3:33 PM

I'll make sure to give this a go in my game! Teen height is the one thing about TS4 that I still don't like after all this time.

Jixend8 21st Feb 2016 3:35 PM

So far everything is working for me, nice job! I'm super excited for whatever you have coming in the future!

Menaceman44 21st Feb 2016 4:11 PM

Just tried out the sliders in my game. The only issue I have noticed so far is that I cannot get the hand slider to work. I have tried the Height and Neck sliders and they work perfectly. I didn't install the Bulge slider or the Gradual Height slider.

I tried the hand slider on both males and female as well as Adults and Child Sims. When I type the command in there is no confirmation message and nothing happens.

Is there the possibility for a version of the Height slider that isn't gradual but will set all Teens to -50 automatically? I don't want my Sims to grow over time (even though that is an awesome option for those that want it) as I would like to not have to manually shorten my Teens one at a time.