Page 1 of 3
Extra LTW's For Your Sims
Jo and I have been having a discussion in this thread about LTW's in TS2. We both feel that the ones available in the game are too limited/restrictive - lots of sims end up with the same LTW's, and they are often career related. And of course it's not possible for sims to have the LTW to reach the top of a custom career, which I think is a shame.
We've been talking about extra LTW's that we do/could/would like to use in our games. Jo posted a link to Serisims' Expanded Lifetime Want Generator - the page on Serisims' site which links to the generator can be found here. The LTW's used by the generator are taken from both TS2 and TS3.
I quite like the generator, but I'm putting together a list of my own LTW's that I plan to use in my game - I don't have the skills to set up a random generator of my own but I'll use a random number generator to pick them when I create CAS sims/sims age to teen. So far I've only made one suggestion for the list (actually, make that two - I just thought of another one!), but I hope that Jo will come along and add the ones she mentioned in the other thread as well! I'll keep a "master list" in this post of any that are mentioned in the thread in case anyone (other than me!) would like to have them all in one place. If the LTW's require a sim to do, have or collect a certain number of things I've used an 'X' instead of a fixed number, as different people and their different games may make different quantities more appropriate - especially for people who use harder skilling mods or altered lifestage durations. So here's the list as it stands so far (thank you to everyone who has made suggestions!):
1. Expert Craftsperson - Have X gold badges in crafting (sewing, pottery, toy making, flower arranging).
2. Extra-Terrestrial Expert - Be abducted by aliens X times.
3. Seasoned Traveller - Gain all travel memories/stamps.
4. Entomology Expert - Collect and display on a wall every bug in the Free Time bug box.
5. Run with the Wolves - Become a werewolf and breed X (20) wolf puppies.
6. Expert Angler - Gain a gold fishing badge and display every fish on your walls.
7. The Perfect Garden - Grow and display one of each fruit and vegetable in thriving condition and gain a wishing well from the garden club.
8. Bad Apple - Have X (20) simultaneous enemies.
9. Aspiration Hustler - Change your sim's aspiration to all seven aspirations (using the ReNuYuSenso Orb).
10. Life's Proudest Liver - Reach maximum LTA score.
11. Influential Socialist - Reach maximum influence level and score.
12. Magic Practitioner Extraordinaire - Reach level X of magic skill.
13. Chivalrous Champion - Become a knight (and win X tournaments).
14. For Family Sims only - Had ALL THE BABIES (Had the maximum number of babies possible given one's pregnancy hacks and lifespan hacks; in a game without Trips and Quads, this would require cheese-caking every pregnancy and never going an entire day without being pregnant/having one's lawfully wedded partner be pregnant if one can't be).
15. Broke the Bank At Monte Carlo (or Made ALL THE MONEY): Made so much money that the "family funds" counter ran out of places to put the zeroes.
16. World Domination! NB: Ideas would be appreciated for how this could work!
17. Defeat The Plague - survive real sickness X amount of times.
18. Become Death - successfully pluck x amount of sims from death's doorstep by winning the game with Death when someone dies.
19. Big Boss - Own X (10) different businesses.
20. Travelling Enthusiast - Go on vacation X (20) times (or Have X successful vacations, perhaps?).
21. Become Visionary.
22. Become Cult Leader.
23. Become Icon.
24. Become Ecological Guru.
25. Have X (10) Children Abducted By Aliens.
26. Have X Children Who Survive To Adulthood.
27. Become Mad Scientist And Maximise Science Hobby.
28. Become World Class Ballet Dancer And Maximise Music & Dance Hobby.
29. Become Celebrity Chef And Maximise Cuisine Hobby.
30. Become Visionary And Maximise Art Hobby.
31. Become Icon And Maximise Film & Literature Hobby.
32. Become Ecological Guru And Maximise Nature Hobby.
33. Become A Puppet Master - Use the voodoo doll on X (20) sims.
34. Winner! - Win X (10) Dance Contests & X (10) Cooking Contests.
35. When You Wish Upon A.... - Make X (6) Wishes At A Well & X (6) Wishes With A Genie.
36. Are You Really Going Out With Him? - Have X (25) dream dates with negative chemistry sims.
37. The Don Lothario LTW - Have X (5) children by different partners.
38. Zombie Army - Feed X (5) sims to the cowplant and then resurrect them as zombies.
39. Bite Me! - Turn X (15) sims into vampires.
40. Party Animal - Throw X (20) Roof Raiser parties (or Throw X (20) successful parties).
41. The Odd Couple - Get a bigfoot and a servo to live on your lot.
42. The Ultimate - Complete 1 LTW for each of the six aspirations.
43. Hobbyist - Earn a membership card to each secret hobby lot.
44. Black Sheep - Become any three of the supernaturals (zombie, vampire, werewolf, plantsim, witch).
45. Everyone's Best Friend - Reach the top of the positive reputation and have X (10) best friends (or BFF's).
46. The Mean One - Reach the top of the negative reputation and have X (10) sims who are simultaneously furious with you.
47. Death Whisperer - Witness X (10) different deaths.
48. Enthusiast - Reach maximum enthusiasm in X (5) hobbies.
49. Fashionista - Own a level 10 clothing store, have gold sales, cashiering and restocking badges and make over X townies.
50. Ultimate Sewing Machine (Seamstress?) - Earn a gold badge in sewing and reach level 10 with a business selling those items.
51. The Toy Seller - Earn a gold badge in toy making and reach level 10 with a business selling those items.
52. Flower Power - Earn a gold badge in flower arranging and reach level 10 with a business selling those items.
53. Ultimate Home Owner - Have your sim give birth to as many babies as possible and have the offspring live in every home/flat in your neighbourhood....
54. Descendant Of Da Vinci - maximise the creativity and mechanical skills and earn a gold badge in robotics.
55. Surrounded By Family - Have X living relatives (by blood or adoption) and be friends with them all.
56. Master Artist - Have a gallery with X pieces of art that you've created. Can include paintings, photographs (with the UNI camera?) and sculptures.
57. Gold Digger - see the ghost of a rich dead spouse. Marry a rich sim (and get the Married A Rich Sim memory) and then see their ghost after they've died.
58. Professional Author - publish X novels (or X books, including novels and restaurant guides).
59. Jack Of All Trades - Reach level 5 in X career tracks.
60. Graduate Extraordinaire - Earn A PhD (this one only really works if you play your game with more education levels than the normal EA game - earning a normal degree just isn't as impressive!).
61. Master Romancer - Woohoo with X sims in X different places (places include bed, hot tub, hammock (BV), photobooth (NL), car (NL), walk-in closet (AL) and sofa if you use ACR).
62. Property Mogul - own X community lots and X vacation homes.
63. Surrounded By Family #2 - Raise X babies from infant to teen (or adult).
64. Swimming In Cash - Have $X simoleans on hand (i.e. in household funds).
65. The Animal Resucer - Adopt X strays.
66. The Ark Builder - Have X each of dogs, cats, parrots, womrats and aquariums (if you use custom animals, like Bienchen83's lizards and rodents you could include them too).
67. Become the Grim Reaper: personally bump off X (20) different people during your lifetime, using various means. They don't have to be enemies, necessarily - just people who've crossed your path and you don't like.
68. Master Of The Universe - Master X (5) professions from The Sims 1, (by using lientebollemeis's TS1 career conversions).
We're on a roll.
Expert Craftsperson is a great idea. Too hard for my sims to gain all those badges due to the slower skilling mod I use, so I will make mine just one gold badge in one area.
Two- I love that. I can see a few ways to do that one. With the FT perk it's pretty easy to be abducted but without it, there isn't much chance of being abducted at all. Unless there is a mod to up the chances of natural abduction to something reasonable? Otherwise a dice could be rolled each time he/she (I don't have a mod to allow females to be alien pregnant but I know others do) uses the telescope at night to see if it's a FT or boolprop abduction. There is also dance sphere abduction which I have had once. The sim had an alien child and got abducted off the sphere when I wasn't watching and now has an alien boy as well. Another scenario could be 1 natural abduction, 1 dance sphere abduction, and one alien pregnancy.
3. Seasoned Traveler - Gain all travel stamps.
4. Entomology Expert - Collect and display on a wall every bug in the Free Time bug box.
5. Run with the Wolves- Become a werewolf and breed 20 wolf puppies.
6. Expert Angler- Gain a gold fishing badge and display every fish on your walls. This might be too easy for some, but Gold fishing badge often takes many years in my game.
7. The Perfect Garden- Grow and display one of each fruit and vegetable in thriving condition and gain a wishing well from the garden club. I added the well as gardening badge is very easy to gain. I even have teens with gold gardening badge.
Yay for moar LTW variety! I thought of one :D
8. Bad Apple: Have 20 simultaneous enemies.
9. Aspiration Hustler - Change your Sim's aspiration to all seven aspirations (using the ReNuYuSenso Orb)
10. Life's Proudest Liver - Reach maximum LTA score
11. Influential Socialist - Reach maximum Influence Level and Score
It's lovely to see so many ideas in such a short space of time! :-) I've added all your ideas to the list in Post #1 - if you used a specific number I've changed it to an 'X' and put your number in brackets, as obviously people are free to decide for themselves what quantities they want to use for the different LTW's.
I've been suddenly inspired to to have another go at going Medieval, so I'll be needing some different LTW's as I doubt I'll have more than 2 or 3 Maxis careers in my game..... I thought of a couple more that'll work in my game so I thought I'd share - though I do play rather differently than most people so they may be useless to everyone else! :-)
12. Reach level X of magic skill.
13. Become a knight (obviously not much use for non-Medieval games!).
I have a question: Would this be a thing that when you achieve it, you cheat the Sim permaplat, or would this be an actual mod with a new memory and all?
14. For Family Sims only: Had ALL THE BABIES (Had the maximum number of babies possible given one's pregnancy hacks and lifespan hacks; in a game without Trips and Quads, this would require cheesecakeing every pregnancy and never going an entire day without being pregnant/having one's lawfully wedded partner be pregnant if one can't be)
15. Broke the Bank At Monte Carlo (or Made ALL THE MONEY): Made so much money that the "family funds" counter ran out of places to put the zeroes
16. World Domination! (I have no idea how you would achieve this, but it should totally happen)
here's one for your medieval game
-defeat the plague: survive real sickness x amount of times
and for the non medieval
become Death: successfully pluck x amount of sims from death's doorstep by winning the game with death when someone dies
TBH, I'm more interested in the LTWS that got removed or disabled by EA. If we could bring those back somehow...
This is a great idea!
BTW, hate to sway off topic, but is # 11 a reference to Karl Marx?
Edit: We should make some related to businesses and vacations as well, you know, like a want to own ten different businesses, or go on twenty vacations.
Oh, I'm certainly not capable of making a mod out of these ideas, much as I'd love them - I'll be keeping track of them myself and cheating to make my sims permaplat when they achieve them :-)
Which LTW's did EA remove/disable, M.M.A.A.?
Thank you all for the ideas - I'll add them to the master list now :-)
You know; the marry off 10 kids, have 10 kids get abducted, and then there are those for the careers in S2 Uni.
After thinking about it, maybe World Domination would be achieved by topping 1. Politics, 2. Military, 3. Education, and 4. Criminal? All the same Sim topping all 4? That way they'd be in control of basically everything. Maybe Media should be in there too?
I didn't know there were any removed LTW's in the game (or rather not in the game, obviously!). I have a mod to add the University careers LTW's to the options available to my sims, but I'll add them to the master list anyway as some people probably don't. So there were some which just had larger required quantities, like the Marry Off 10 Children one, then? I'll add the having children abducted one to the list as well :-)
I thought of another one for my Medieval game as well: 26. Have X Children Who Survive To Adulthood. It's going to be a tough old world! :-)
Can you link us to the Uni careers LTW fix?
And about the rest of the LTW, there are more than those, just go to the wikia page about LTW, there's a list there.
bnefriends, Number 3 by me was to do with 'vacations' *holidays* >cough<
Didn't even know that those were a thing, what is it? The maximums?
M.M.A.A., what LTW got removed?
Esme World Domination could happen if a sim bought up every business in their town perhaps? I bet they would feel like they had World domination even if they didn't really have it. Also yes you cheat them platinum. I use the Bat Box.
17. Creature of the Night. Become a vampire and turn 20 other sims into vampires/ kill X amount (20?) other sims with deadly neck bite. http://modthesims.info/d/295358
18. Creature-Robot Cross Breeder. This is a Sims 3 LTW. This could be achieved by building a servo who then becomes a witch, werewolf and vampire. I'm not sure how being a vampire and a plantsim would work, can sevos become plant sims?
19. Black Widow- Move in 10 partners one at a time, get pregnant, kill them off each in turn, burying them in the back garden.
20. Raise 20 children to adulthood.
I'm reworking Esme's one to something a bit more challenging but more logical.
Domination Influenza: Reach top Status of politics career with all offspring reaching top status in influential positions in various careers
Since basically if one sims career hops to a different one the first one is forgotten it would make sense if it was a family dynamic from the get go and having just 1 family control various important aspects of society. The nifty thing about that is that in doing so it opens up custom careers to be included as well.
Here's the link to the University LTW's fix (for AL - there are other versions available if you don't have all the EP's) - I'll be back to update the master list when I wake up - it's nearly 6am! :-)
Meaning you just got up or you haven't been to bed...? Only 4pm over here. :D
Ooh, I like this. There are a couple I do regularly for my sims anyway but some of them I always wished were LTWs (the traveling & badge ones). One of the (few) things that Sims3 got right were the variety in LTWs, even if achieving one was pretty pointless.
I liked in TS3 how some of the skills were combined; for example you'd have to max the painting & writing skill. So I'd like to have hobbies included with the jobs somehow.
Become mad scientist & max science hobby
Become world-class dancer (or whatever the top job is :D) & max m&d hobby
Become world-class chef & max cuisine hobby
Art & arts&crafts; show biz & film&lit; ecology & nature; etc. etc. etc.
Earn a membership card to each secret hobby location
And then I'd like some sort of combo of the occult sims, like the Black Sheep from the legacy challenge, but because I really don't want to turn my sims into perma-zombies (unless they've been very very naughty ), instead of becoming all the occult states maybe just have to become 3 of the either werewolf, witch, plantsim, vampire, zombie. I wouldn't count aliens because sims can't become aliens.
There are a ton more:
Become a Puppet Master (have a sim use the voodoo doll on 20 sims)
Winning! (win 10 food contests & 10 dance contests - are there more contests? I can't remember.)
When you wish upon a... (make 6 wishes at the well & 6 wishes with a genie - and yes, that would require two lamps... because I'm evil.)
Are You Really Going Out With Him? (have 25 dream dates with negative chemistry sims)
The Don Lothario LTW (have children with 5 different partners)
Make a Zombie Army (feed 5 sims to cowplant & then resurrect them all as zombie slaves; I've done this, , though I only bothered with 3 )
Bite me! (turn 15 sims into vampires)
Party Animal (Throw 20 perfect parties. Maybe just 'good' or better.)
The Odd Couple (get a bigfoot & servo to live on your lot - or if you have the mod that allows it, get the two of them married and make them adopt)
The Ultimate (reach 1 LTW for each of the 6 aspirations - Fuck You, Grilled Cheeeeese!) which would give your sim a super-duper, ultra-concentrated dose of platinum-ness so powerful that it embeds in your sim's DNA and is passed down to their offspring.
Okay I need to go to bed now...
Found the link: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lifetime..._Lifetime_Wants
I wish they'd let us choose our own Lifetime Wants regardless of aspiration. Instead you have to cycle through everything on the batbox until you get the right one if you want a different one.
Edit: I like the 'have 6 children abducted by aliens' one that got left out. That would be fun.
There is a program over at MATY that will 'generate' any kind of text string you want to use for the game-it's by Hook, and it's called "Random Stuff'. All you have to do is change the text files, and voila, you have your own list of things to use in the game-including lifetime wishes, names for babies, the whole 9 yards.
Link: RandomStuff: Configurable "dice rolling" program
It's a very small app, and it's simple to use. With me, it's a lifesaver for naming kids-I just don't have the imagination to think up new names!
I have so got to try some of these!
*gets out sim journal and pencil*
It won't actually make the lifetime wish recognisable when achieved though, will it?
I have several ideas:
-Everyone's Best Friend: Reach the top of positive reputation and have X (10) simultaneous BFFs (or best friends if you disable BFFs for adults).
-The Mean One: Reach the top of negative reputation and have X (10) simultaneous furious Sims.
-Death Whisperer: Witness X (10) different deaths.
-Enthusiast: Reach the top enthusiasm of X (5) different hobbies.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 6:15 PM.||
Page 1 of 3
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.14 · Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.