Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Is this normal - sim won't fall in love? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424935)

jooxis 10th Nov 2010 9:39 AM

Is this normal - sim won't fall in love?

I've been playing this game for a long time and I've thought I had it all figured out but this just confused me. I never had problems getting two sims to fall in love, kiss, marry, etc...

I have two teens whom I want to make a couple. They both have 100/100 for each other. I've had them do all available romantic interactions. She has the pink and red heart for him. But he has no hearts for her - he views her as a BFF. Even though they flirted, kissed romantically (their first kiss), done everything they could. There's no option to make out because he's not in love.

But I can't get him to fall in love with her. For three days in a row I have them interacting doing nothing but dating, flirting, kissing, romantic hugging, everything - she's still just his BFF - no crush or in love.

This sounds like something is wrong, right? Or is it possible that certain personality types are not compatible?

ps. he has one "bolt" attraction to her

Nalia 10th Nov 2010 9:59 AM

No, this sounds like one bolt, and probably incompatible signs, aspirations and/or personalities, don't fall in love easily. Either change their turn ons and offs and signs or find them other partners.

Aegagropilon 10th Nov 2010 10:24 AM

Do you have Pescado's Romance Mod installed? I've heard that can cause issues like that.

dostha 10th Nov 2010 10:37 AM

Yes, it definietly sounds like Pescado's Romance mod. I remember I needed some time to make some loves working. I even used cheats to make them "in love", but even then they were '"shy".

Maybe one side is a little bit gay? Flirted with same sex person and/or had gay parent/s?

jooxis 10th Nov 2010 11:04 AM

Eh, I don't have any mods that affect romance :\

I will check his "gayness" in SimPE although I never made him flirt with other guys, so I don't know.

Nalia, thanks for the tip - I'm reading up on attractions and chemistry on the the strategy wiki.

zumppe 10th Nov 2010 11:57 AM

No wonder he doesn't fall in love, if he only has one bolt for her... so she's not entirely bleh, but not that hot either.

100 % of my couples are 3-bolters, I see no point in settling for less (I wouldn't want a "meh" spouse myself... ).

AlexandraSpears 10th Nov 2010 12:39 PM

Yeah, but regardless of attraction or whatever, if their Lifetime is at least, what, 70, any romantic interactions should cause them to fall in love. The chemistry just makes relationship building faster or slower.

jooxis 10th Nov 2010 1:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
Yeah, but regardless of attraction or whatever, if their Lifetime is at least, what, 70, any romantic interactions should cause them to fall in love. The chemistry just makes relationship building faster or slower.

This is what worries me - their lifetime relationship is 100 mutually. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play today to try some stuff out but I will do it tomorrow. :\

I would hate for the sim to be glitched, eh.

AlexandraSpears 10th Nov 2010 6:37 PM

Hmmm...have you tried going into your Sims 2 folder (under Documents--if you're on PC) and deleting the files accessories.cache and groups.cache? I've found that to clear a few glitches.

DistantWords 10th Nov 2010 6:53 PM

That sounds really weird... Sounds like a glitch. The bolts don't effect a 100/100 relationship in whether or not they fall in love. As someone else said, something like 70 in the lifetime relationship and any sim will fall in love with the first romantic interaction. I've had sims fall in love just by GREETING someone (because their greet was either hug or kiss).

I've had sims that had the little "x" thing (anti-lightning bolt) fall in love with each other.

If the guy has 100/100 toward her, he should be falling in love with any kind of flirt, hug or kiss (with the exception maybe of friendly hug or peck kiss). Even if the guy was 100% gay he should still fall in love with a romantic iteration with 100/100...

At least, this is how it has always been when I play...

Nalia 11th Nov 2010 2:01 AM

If her Sim is homosexual shouldn't he have declined the girl's romantic interactions in a first place? So, I don't think he is.

Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Do you have Pescado's Romance Mod installed? I've heard that can cause issues like that.

Romance Mod does not cause issues like this. It is specifically designed to prevent Sims from falling in love with the first sweet talk they hear. Besides, why force your Sim fall in love with a Sim he/she has one bolt when there are others with two or three? I have always taken Sims' attractiveness and compatibility seriously because when and if they decide to make families they don't start screwing around.

lazzybum 11th Nov 2010 2:25 AM

Ive had many sims marry someone with 1 bolt, so I dont think the chemistry is a problem at all. I suggest clearing cache mentioned earlier or try taking out your whole downloads folder and try interacting them. If they fall in love right away, then its a download problem.

Aegagropilon 11th Nov 2010 5:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Romance Mod does not cause issues like this. It is specifically designed to prevent Sims from falling in love with the first sweet talk they hear. Besides, why force your Sim fall in love with a Sim he/she has one bolt when there are others with two or three? I have always taken Sims' attractiveness and compatibility seriously because when and if they decide to make families they don't start screwing around.

I don't have the Romance Mod installed in my game, so I was just going off of what others have said about it.

(As far as bolts go in my game, I have couples ranging from one bolts to three. I tend to ignore the actual bolts and go more by how the sims react to each other. Several of my two-bolt pairs act like threes, and I've got a one-bolt pair that won't leave each other's side and rolled engagement wants the second they hit university. Some sims just seem to like each other more regardless of bolt chemistry, and ACR takes care of the rest.)

Nalia 11th Nov 2010 11:29 AM

Interesting. In my game one bolt + ACR = divorce in long run. The presence of RomanceMod ensures that Sims will always choose those with whom they have one bolt chemistry for one-night's stand.

A.G.Doren 11th Nov 2010 9:09 PM

I've seen this happen before. I don't think its a glitch they just may not like each other enough.

jooxis 11th Nov 2010 9:44 PM

Thanks guys for the tips/help. Okay I've done some of the suggestions (deleting the cache files, checking if he's gay), only one thing worked:
I changed BOTH of their turn ons and turn-offs with SimPE so they had two bolts instead of one. He fell in love after flirting.

I can't believe it was the bolts, but that's what fixed it. I still think something was wrong with the sim/game. Because even though they had one bolt, I'm telling you I had them kissing and flirting for days and he still wasn't feeling it. I've been able to create couples that had no chemistry before, it just took a while longer - but this one was impossible. Well, at least it works now :D

DistantWords 11th Nov 2010 10:14 PM

I've found that over-use (or sometimes even just use) of SimPE can cause various glitches, as can some CC. I've installed Sims 2, and all EPs/SPs I have, on a few different laptops and desktops over the years, deleted save data to start over, several times. I've found the games where I use little or no CC and never even install SimPE, tend to have less flaws and glitches.

One time I had a game going almost perfectly (just the regular errors and what not) for a while, so I decided to install SimPE, and after using it a few times the game started to glitch out.

I also once had some major errors after installing some Maxis add on thing that was required for some CC. It was probably just the CC, but I uninstalled that Maxis thing as well (I forget what it was called. Can't seem to find it again now).

I'm not really suggesting anything. I can't play without at least some CC... And SimPE is too much fun to give it up. I'm just suggesting a possible reason for weird stuff.

jooxis 12th Nov 2010 9:31 PM

Ah I see, but I haven't used SimPE for this neighborhood at all (except just now, to fix this). But yeah I do have a bunch of CC and some hacks (from reliable sources). So who knows what caused it, hope I don't encounter some more serious issues.

Nalia 13th Nov 2010 11:24 AM

SimPE is an excellent tool, allowing you to do whatever you want with your game provided you *know* what you are doing; and most certainly it does not cause glitches and errors, as some claim. It is the players who bring troubles upon themselves by messing up the files.

@Jooxis,
Since you have been playing with your currently installed CC and reliable hacks/mods for a long time now without ever having a problem, there was nothing wrong in your game. It was the attractiveness factor, a.k.a. the combination of turn Ons/Offs, signs and aspiration. Glad things finally worked for you.