Mod The Sims
Page 3 of 11

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

Morphar 7th Aug 2016 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbeau115
Has anyone gotten the add_slider bulge xx mod to work properly? I have had npc's with packages (WHOA there Mr Goth), but my Sims never get the effect. For me the height slider is working fine with all updates. **knock on wood, fingers crossed...
And if anyone ever figures out a way to streamline this pack of mods, please don't leave out the bulge slider. I hate having neutered men in my game.


What do you mean by "working"? Will they keep their height when they age up? Do (some) children inherit the height of the parents? If not it is not "working". In the other mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 those two things work so it must be possible to do in this one.

I downloaded the Community version of PyCharm tools and looked at the code.
https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

Code with very little comments is not easy to understand.

This part from AddSimSlider file is probably where the height is calculated. If the height value is greater than 0 the inpul value is multiplied by 0.01 and if it is less the value is multplied by -0.01.

if amount >= 0:
if single is not None:
slider.key = single
slider.amount = amount * 0.01
elif pair is not None:
slider.key = pair[0]
slider2.key = pair[1]
slider.amount = amount * 0.01

elif amount < 0:
if pair is not None:
slider.key = pair[1]
slider2.key = pair[0]
slider.amount = amount * -0.01


Have anyone tested the (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip? Will aging and genetics work in that mod?

Simmythesim says in the first post that it worked before. That is really the bug to find first. It still works in the old mod with latest patch of game so what is the difference?.
Quote:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.

Menaceman44 7th Aug 2016 4:10 PM

I'd just like someone to be able to pick up the code and make a version where Teens are set to a height of -50 (using this mod's sizing scale) automatically. I HATE having Teens be the same height as Adults. -50 seemed to make them short enough to be noticable but not short enough for there to be excessive clipping with animation.

Lodakai 7th Aug 2016 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
What do you mean by "working"? Will they keep their height when they age up? Do (some) children inherit the height of the parents? If not it is not "working". In the other mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 those two things work so it must be possible to do in this one.
....
Have anyone tested the (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip? Will aging and genetics work in that mod?

Simmythesim says in the first post that it worked before. That is really the bug to find first. It still works in the old mod with latest patch of game so what is the difference?.


It's hard to tell with the genetics, but the aging works. The only buggy part is that when it is a sims birthday, they are at max height. This includes before and after aging... so they become incredibly tall right after they blow out their cake.
This is because the code does not calculate the new days until aging until after 1 am. After 1 am their height will return to short if they are set to be short.

Hollytail 9th Aug 2016 12:36 AM

Hey I was wondering if this mod still works? If not is there another height mod I can download somewhere?

Lodakai 11th Aug 2016 11:47 PM

It works, but there are some small issues and it is currently not being supported or developed.

Morphar 12th Aug 2016 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytail
Hey I was wondering if this mod still works? If not is there another height mod I can download somewhere?


His old mod works but the animation is not that good.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329

fairjuno 13th Aug 2016 1:25 AM

this mod is still working fine for me, knock on wood, and i have found that it is passed down to my children. it may just be my game, but i had no issues with that. i came on hoping someone had picked it up before it stops working.

AmayaUchiha 14th Aug 2016 12:42 AM

what a shame to discontinue such a needed and enjoyed mod, i hope someone picks this back up this had the potential to change game play for the positive in the best of ways i could have seen it becoming a staple must have for the game. ill enjoy having it while it works but i find it hard to believe it will survive the amount of updates ea makes before it borks up eventually. i cant imagine why someone wouldnt pick this project up to complete since the foundation of it is already here its just about upkeep really . I was so happy when i found this now but its bitter sweet, damn.

lufeguesi 14th Aug 2016 3:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this mod works perfect for me, I love it!!!!!! no issues till now

Morphar 14th Aug 2016 9:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufeguesi
this mod works perfect for me, I love it!!!!!! no issues till now


To set height works but keeping it is not (for me). To prove my case here are two pictures:

To the left the female aged from YA to A and shrunk. She was as tall as her husband before she aged.
To the right I have set back height 100 to the female after her age up and now her husband aged up from YA to A and shrunk.

This was tested with stable version 0.04 but 0.06 is no different. I have not seen height passed on yet.

Maybee I need to play the old mod + this one. This one give better propotions at least.

Morphar 14th Aug 2016 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairjuno
this mod is still working fine for me, knock on wood, and i have found that it is passed down to my children. it may just be my game, but i had no issues with that. i came on hoping someone had picked it up before it stops working.

Do you have any expansions like Get Together?

GODJUL1 16th Aug 2016 7:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I tried to combined the old and the new mod, and it works for me
It is mostly the same as the old one, but with different scaling on the body. You can change you sims's height as in the old mod (by dragging their feet), but without the weird animation. The lower teens and genetics are not included.
I haven't tested it for versions after 1.20.60.1020. Take a back up of your saves before trying it.
I hope it will work for those of you that wants different heights for your sims.

Morphar 17th Aug 2016 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODJUL1
Hi, I tried to combined the old and the new mod, and it works for me
It is mostly the same as the old one, but with different scaling on the body. You can change you sims's height as in the old mod (by dragging their feet), but without the weird animation. The lower teens and genetics are not included.
I haven't tested it for versions after 1.20.60.1020. Take a back up of your saves before trying it.
I hope it will work for those of you that wants different heights for your sims.


Will they keep their heights after aging up? Is it possible that you can have a look at genetics too? Do you know why genetics is not working in the new mod?
I'll check this out.

Edit
The game just updated to version 1.22.22.1020.
Started to run it. First strange thing is that a sim that was once created in the old mod immediately changed to her original height.
That was not the case with mod "Five New Sliders...." if I took it out and then in again.

"Your" mod stores the heights someware as the old but "Five New Sliders...." don't.
By the way, talar du svenska?


Edit2
Aging works. The height can be adjusted very much more than in the old mod and animations is very good.

Morphar 22nd Aug 2016 9:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It seems to me that genetics works anyway.

I started with a full height couple and they produced three twins. I also found a full height female mixolog with no family tree that i moved in to the family.
Attached is the family:

From left to right:
female mixolog, female, male, twin boys, twin girls, twin boys and a child to the mixolog and one of the twin boys.
Note that all twins are teens so shorter teens don't work but genetics.
I used MC Command Center to speed up gravidity

I have more families where genetics seems to work. The game also produce full height sims automatically.

Is this possible?

flocci – floccus 22nd Aug 2016 6:23 PM

where do you type in the add_slider <command> <number> ? Do you type it into the cheat console?

Menaceman44 22nd Aug 2016 7:28 PM

Yes. You have to create the Sim and have them already in the game world before the command will work. Then, with the Sim selected that you want to alter, open the cheat console and type in the command.

Morphar 22nd Aug 2016 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocci – floccus
where do you type in the add_slider <command> <number> ? Do you type it into the cheat console?


Yes, but if you use the GODJUL1 version you change height in CAS with the feet slider.
In my opinion it is a better version for me now when I know both aging and genetics works. In "Five New Sliders For The Sims 4!" neither of that works.
Only drawback now is the teen heights and that GODJUL1 dissappeared.

It would be great to have a CAS background with a scale to set and check the height more precise.

Celoptra 28th Aug 2016 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
Yes, but if you use the GODJUL1 version you change height in CAS with the feet slider.
In my opinion it is a better version for me now when I know both aging and genetics works. In "Five New Sliders For The Sims 4!" neither of that works.
Only drawback now is the teen heights and that GODJUL1 dissappeared.

It would be great to have a CAS background with a scale to set and check the height more precise.


Maybe you could make a tutorial on how to do it with the new mod version w/ the feet? since I don't know how do that really.

Morphar 28th Aug 2016 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celoptra
Maybe you could make a tutorial on how to do it with the new mod version w/ the feet? since I don't know how do that really.


You need to have the cheat Full_Edit_CAS enabled before you enter CAS.
If you have MCC Control Center you can set it in a menu.
In MCCC click Sim Commands -> Modify in CAS to only edit one sim and not the whole houshold. In that way you don't lose any sim if you have more than 8 sims in houshold.

With the sim in CAS hover over the sims feet with the mouse and you will se a double butted arrow. Hold the left mouse button down and drag horisontally to the left to increase or to the right to decrease height.

MikaelMP 30th Aug 2016 10:20 AM

Hi! I've only used the height slider and it works but when I went to CAS to edit these Sims their physiques revert (both fat and muscle sliders right in the middle).

Bladeboy05 20th Sep 2016 4:52 PM

I want to change the height of non-household sims, how can I do this and is there a way I can switch between a non-housed sim?

chingyu1023 6th Oct 2016 1:29 AM

I suggest adding a command to adjust sim outside the household so that people don't need to switch between household just for adjusting a specific sim.

kodona 9th Oct 2016 3:54 AM

I wish someone would make an arm length slider, because if you have a very short sim their arms will be disproportionately long compared to their body.

octojenn 30th Oct 2016 4:25 PM

Do we know if this mod works with the recent patch?

Morphar 30th Oct 2016 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octojenn
Do we know if this mod works with the recent patch?


Slider2.zip works:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...835#post5071835

chingyu1023 4th Nov 2016 7:14 PM

Hi! The Gradual Height Change is not working. My kids don't grow after midnight

Morphar 15th Nov 2016 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingyu1023
Hi! The Gradual Height Change is not working. My kids don't grow after midnight


This mod is abandoned. What is the point to have this in Creator Feedback Forum when there is no creator that needs feedback?
#chingyu1023, You have the source code. Start programming and I will give you feedback.

imJustMexoxo 24th Nov 2016 12:44 AM

Wow this mod works great for me! Thanks! I can now make certain children and teens taller/shorter. The only thing is the bulge is a little point but oh well haha not a big deal

intoxicated_andy 26th Nov 2016 2:44 PM

I found this today. I love that I can change the creepy small size of my sims' hands now. And I use the old height slider (where we can't modify the size of the feets anymore) to all of my sims, I'm still testing, but it seems like this only work in game mode but not in CAS. Can I make that a request? I really hope I could modify all these thing in CAS. thank you!

Ps. I just tested the beta and the hand slider doesn't work on my game : ( The height and neck sliders are perfectly fine. Please take a look at the hand slider.

BabiHunni 12th Dec 2016 3:06 PM

Am I Adding This To The Other Height Mod Or Is This One By Itself? Im So Confused, Someone Please Help Me

Nuliette 17th Dec 2016 7:47 AM

Version 0.06.1 has been working fine in my game until very recently (can't tell about genetics and aging, I play with aging off), but then I had to respawn my sims4 folder to fix an unrelated bug, and that killed it even though I kept my saves and tray. All the sims modified with it kept their attributes though.
GODJUL1's mod on post #214 is an excellent alternative. Only drawback, I had to go fix quite a few sims and townies born with large feet that became exceedingly tall, and I need to figure out some way to add a scale in CAS.
GODJUL1, why not release your version officially?

Morphar 18th Dec 2016 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabiHunni
Am I Adding This To The Other Height Mod Or Is This One By Itself? Im So Confused, Someone Please Help Me


1. Old mod by Simmythesims: To my knowledge it still works but animation is a bit unattractive. Height is set in CAS by dragging the foot slider. Sims keep their height after aging up and height is inherited to children. Children grows and teens are shorter.
2. New mod by Simmithesims: Height is set in the cheat console. Animations much improved. Sims do NOT keep their height after aging up and height is NOT inherited to children. Unusable to me.
3. A mod by GODJUL1: Published in this thread is as item1 but with improved animations. Growing and shorter teens is not implemted.

None of them seems to be supported, GODJUL1 is one-time poster. It is a pity for simmers like me that like realism in game.
Updating item 1 with item 3 would be sufficient at least for me.

BabiHunni 19th Dec 2016 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
1. Old mod by Simmythesims: To my knowledge it still works but animation is a bit unattractive. Height is set in CAS by dragging the foot slider. Sims keep their height after aging up and height is inherited to children. Children grows and teens are shorter.
2. New mod by Simmithesims: Height is set in the cheat console. Animations much improved. Sims do NOT keep their height after aging up and height is NOT inherited to children. Unusable to me.
3. A mod by GODJUL1: Published in this thread is as item1 but with improved animations. Growing and shorter teens is not implemted.

None of them seems to be supported, GODJUL1 is one-time poster. It is a pity for simmers like me that like realism in game.
Updating item 1 with item 3 would be sufficient at least for me.


Thnx! cuz i have another height package and that one has been working great, i just gotta keep the files then in case these dont work...my main concern is the hands, n yeah no kiddin! i love my game being a bit more real and then creators just disappear without a word and leave it up to us lol

BabiHunni 19th Dec 2016 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmythesim
Thanks! The more people testing it out, the more bug-free the first release is going to be!



What's the actual command look like?! I've done like 50 combos of typing it in and I ain't getting shit...idk help please, I'm playing now so a response would be much appreciated! Thnx!

summer1073 4th Jan 2017 1:45 AM

Can I test the sliders? I've followed this topic for a while now and I'm really interested. Thanks.

summer1073 5th Jan 2017 12:39 AM

Can we use only one slider in game? or does it have to be all of them?

Morphar 5th Jan 2017 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer1073
Can we use only one slider in game? or does it have to be all of them?


This is Creator Feedback Forum. It is supposed that you test and give feedback.
As the author no longer is interested in feedback you can skip that too.

Hint on testing mods:
Rename your current folder in Documents\Electronic Arts from "The Sims 4" to "The Sims 4 curr" and start the game. A new "The Sims 4" is created and you can test the mod in a new game. When ready, remove "The Sims 4" folder and rename "The Sims 4 curr" back to "The Sims 4".

gizzy77 11th Jan 2017 4:27 PM

thx for he mod
 
where can I download the clothes I needed for the bulge slider ?
ymBottom_EF01SwimBriefs
ymBottom_EF01SwimTrunks
ymBottom_EF01SwimShortsBoard
ymBottom_GP02SwimMid
ymBottom_GP02SwimShort
ymBottom_SP02SwimMidTrunk
ymBottom_UnderwearSexy
ymBottom_EF02ShortsBoxerValentine

Menaceman44 11th Jan 2017 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzy77
where can I download the clothes I needed for the bulge slider ?
ymBottom_EF01SwimBriefs
ymBottom_EF01SwimTrunks
ymBottom_EF01SwimShortsBoard
ymBottom_GP02SwimMid
ymBottom_GP02SwimShort
ymBottom_SP02SwimMidTrunk
ymBottom_UnderwearSexy
ymBottom_EF02ShortsBoxerValentine

Those clothes already come with the game. They are just the internal coding names for the exisitng male underwear and swimwear outfits. You don't need to download anythign extra.

somecringekid 14th Jan 2017 1:35 AM

This mod needs to be updated because there's a bug when carrying toddlers. The toddler is floating across the air while the adult has their arms all messed up.

Zellbean 14th Jan 2017 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecringekid
This mod needs to be updated because there's a bug when carrying toddlers. The toddler is floating across the air while the adult has their arms all messed up.


I can definitely confirm. I've removed the mod from my game in the meanwhile.

BabiHunni 14th Jan 2017 7:19 AM

so it is the height mod? because my sims arms go everywhere when they pick up the toddies lol aaaaaaaand my todds don't want to stay asleep? anybody figure this out yet?

laylasara 14th Jan 2017 11:59 AM

Yes could you please fix this lol? My sims hands and arms are floating everywhere .. (I would really like to use my height mod cuz the EA heights are sh*t)

kampffenhoff 14th Jan 2017 5:00 PM

Had to remove this. I hope someone updates it.

Morphar 15th Jan 2017 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabiHunni
Thnx! cuz i have another height package and that one has been working great, i just gotta keep the files then in case these dont work...my main concern is the hands, n yeah no kiddin! i love my game being a bit more real and then creators just disappear without a word and leave it up to us lol


What other height package do you have?

cheelisal 15th Jan 2017 8:05 PM

Is there something I can do to reset my Sims once I uninstall the package? I removed the sliders from my game until they can be fixed but now my Sims are broken... they just stand still with their arms moving in and out to the side. "resetSim [firstname] [lastname]" doesn't fix them, and they refuse to move or do anything... if I put the sliders back and reopen the game they're fine again.

kampffenhoff 16th Jan 2017 6:26 PM

I removed the mod and everything is fine.

sweetdnlg 16th Jan 2017 10:35 PM

This drives me crazy I swear this mod was just working for the past 4 days I've been using it with my toddlers, now all of a sudden they got weird arm issues going on. EA is so irritating constanting breaking everything good.

Manderz0630 16th Jan 2017 10:58 PM

The Mod still works and can still be used if you don't mind your Sim's arms being bugged when picking a toddler up.

Mendota 17th Jan 2017 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelisal
Is there something I can do to reset my Sims once I uninstall the package? I removed the sliders from my game until they can be fixed but now my Sims are broken... they just stand still with their arms moving in and out to the side. "resetSim [firstname] [lastname]" doesn't fix them, and they refuse to move or do anything... if I put the sliders back and reopen the game they're fine again.


Make sure you remove all the sliders. If not you will get this effect. Also make sure and clear the cashe. And if that doesn't work try repairing the game. I ended up leaving all the sliders in. I can live with the tot issue on certain sims more than I can live with the "adult" teens.

BabiHunni 17th Jan 2017 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderz0630
The Mod still works and can still be used if you don't mind your Sim's arms being bugged when pick a toddler up.


Thank you!!! now i know what mod is doing it, and no...i've been playing with all my broken mods, idgaf lmao

BabiHunni 17th Jan 2017 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
What other height package do you have?


It was his old version with shorter teens, but I kept the files, I have the updated ones, but I'm either typing something in wrong or don't have something because I can't fix the hands or bulge and I've tried every way of typing it in the cheat, but I could be typing it wrong haha

Mendota 17th Jan 2017 10:35 PM

Okay, I have tried it myself. Interesting the pick up option is bugged, but the play option where the Sim puts the toddlers on their back and swings them around etc. works just fine. You would think that would be messed up. At any rate I only change the height on the men and not the women so I'll just have mama do the picking up. Dad and the teens can do the play with option. That works for me. Just wanted to give this update.

Racroes 18th Jan 2017 9:12 PM

Does anyone know how this mod was made? I feel as if since this creator abandoned it, we need to take matters into our own hands.

Morphar 19th Jan 2017 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racroes
Does anyone know how this mod was made? I feel as if since this creator abandoned it, we need to take matters into our own hands.


GODJUL1 come to the rescue and published an update of simmys orginal mod:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

Racroes 19th Jan 2017 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
GODJUL1 come to the rescue and published an update of simmys orginal mod:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159


Thank goodness! How does it do with animation?

Morphar 21st Jan 2017 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racroes
Thank goodness! How does it do with animation?


Much better than Simmys first mod except for one interaction with toddlers.
When a sim lifts up a toddler its arms will be twisted. The mod is not "toddler aware" when it comes to lifting.
Hope GODJUL1 can fix it but am a bit worried as he have only posted 6 times since 2006.

Morphar 21st Jan 2017 6:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of toddler handling:

kampffenhoff 21st Jan 2017 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
Some pictures of toddler handling:


Unfortunately this occurs as soon as you put the mod in the game even if you aren't using it. It also causes the game to produce a last exception file.

Mendota 23rd Jan 2017 11:20 PM

Well as I said, I am using the mod where you type in the cheat. And the only time it is bugged is when a sim whose height is altered picks up a toddler. Al the other sims are unaffected. So it seems that this is the best bet. I am not into the foot dragging myself, I actually prefer typing in the cheat rather than having to go into CAS. Maybe the issue above is cased by all the sims running to pick up the toddler rather than just one.

kampffenhoff 24th Jan 2017 8:04 AM

I have tried both versions and even if you don't use it it affects the toddler interaction. In my game anyhow, and I have nothing else that could be doing this.

Mendota 24th Jan 2017 10:22 PM

That is too bad. Maybe a repair game is needed or clearing the cashe. I am still using it without issues and I now have the vampire pack. The best that I can think of is perhaps you didn't remove all of the mods when trying them out. There is a package mod and a script mod. Both need to be exchanged or taken out.

kampffenhoff 25th Jan 2017 7:47 AM

Tried it with no other mods and I always clear the cache.

RRRita 26th Jan 2017 6:28 AM

I love this mod it's literally amazing, but with the recent updates I noticed a bug that forced me to take it out, when my sim (with an altered height) tried to pick up her toddler her hands got all weird and the toddler was like across the lot floating in the air. Also if it is possible to get their little display picture to not change as much when they're super tall of super short that would be great.

Menaceman44 26th Jan 2017 12:23 PM

This mod is no longer supported. Unless someone else picks up the task of maintaining it, there will be no updates. The issue with arms and toddlers has been reported multiple times now. It is not possible to alter the Sim portraits as the camera is fixed in place.

bobdole777 27th Jan 2017 5:46 PM

This is awesome. Would you please increase the max size of the height slider? It doesn't seem to be much of a difference with the max height and normal height.

MrMonty96 29th Jan 2017 7:58 PM

The shorter teens and gradual growth doesn't work for me, help please!

Menaceman44 29th Jan 2017 8:33 PM

Can somebody PLEASE update the first post to state that it isn't supported and isn't being updated anymore? I stay subscribed to this thread in case anyone else picks it up and wants feedback but all I get at the moment are people saying it doesn't work in their game. Of course not! It isn't updated for toddlers and likely never will be. Go try out the version that is available from the official downloads section instead.

Rosebine 29th Jan 2017 9:28 PM

Yes, but even that one in the download section has problems, and need tune ups.

Menaceman44 30th Jan 2017 9:57 AM

And is much more likely to get the needed updates seeing as the creator hasn't left modding, unlike simmythesim.

intoxicated_andy 1st Feb 2017 10:57 AM

Is this mod abandoned?

Morphar 3rd Feb 2017 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated_andy
Is this mod abandoned?



Yes, use this instead. It is Simmys old but updated but not toddler aware:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

The mod that is handled in this thread have the following problems:
Height don't survive aging.
The height is not genetic.
Toddler handling is buggy.

Colleenfrances 16th Feb 2017 7:27 AM

Has anyone worked on a hip and/or thigh slider?

Hellfrozeover 17th Feb 2017 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleenfrances
Has anyone worked on a hip and/or thigh slider?


Do you mean the length? Because you can adjust hip and thigh width in the game.

viviansimmer 18th Feb 2017 3:39 PM

The height slider isn't working for me! I have tried using the command both in Live Mode and CAS. In CAS I get the message "Unable to execute command" when I enter it. In Live Mode I don't get any message, and my sim's height doesn't change at all! My sim is one I've had before installing the mod, so I wonder if it'll work when I create a new sim? Or am I using the wrong command? I have script mods on. I have some other mods in my game: 4 Columns in CAS, Zerbu's turbo careers, Zerbu's venue changer, and MC Command Center. Could that be causing a problem?

Hellfrozeover 18th Feb 2017 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviansimmer
The height slider isn't working for me! I have tried using the command both in Live Mode and CAS. In CAS I get the message "Unable to execute command" when I enter it. In Live Mode I don't get any message, and my sim's height doesn't change at all! My sim is one I've had before installing the mod, so I wonder if it'll work when I create a new sim? Or am I using the wrong command? I have script mods on. I have some other mods in my game: 4 Columns in CAS, Zerbu's turbo careers, Zerbu's venue changer, and MC Command Center. Could that be causing a problem?


Do you have "testing cheats on" applied? I might be wrong, but I'm sure I had to do that to get it to work.

viviansimmer 19th Feb 2017 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover
Do you have "testing cheats on" applied? I might be wrong, but I'm sure I had to do that to get it to work.


Yes, I know they were on because I have my setting in MC Command Center so that testingcheats is always on.

vectorplexus 22nd Feb 2017 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviansimmer
The height slider isn't working for me! I have tried using the command both in Live Mode and CAS. In CAS I get the message "Unable to execute command" when I enter it. In Live Mode I don't get any message, and my sim's height doesn't change at all! My sim is one I've had before installing the mod, so I wonder if it'll work when I create a new sim? Or am I using the wrong command? I have script mods on. I have some other mods in my game: 4 Columns in CAS, Zerbu's turbo careers, Zerbu's venue changer, and MC Command Center. Could that be causing a problem?


Just making a post to avoid misleading ppl. As of today, with a fully patched game, this mod still works, you can set the hands, bulge, neck and height. I can't say it works as Morphar as pointed out, on genetics, toddlers or aging, but thats irrelevant to me, it works fine for my purposes. Only one that is "flawed" is the bulge one, which looks bad and renders it unusable IMO (I suspect the mod author has created that slider in an "unused" bone, and the meshes are not really rigged for that purpose, and most likely has a very low density in that zone).

With that said, for those who are having trouble in making the changes, here are some example commands:

Start by opening the console command-line with CTRL+SHIFT+C, in live mode, and then type (these will work for the selected Sim only, in LIVE MODE, and ITS CASE-SENSITIVE!):
add_slider hand 100
add_slider height 50
add_slider bulge 25
add_slider neck -50


If you want to change any other Sim, you need to get his ID by using first:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name (first name) (last name)

For example:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name Travis Scott
Which will return a number:
882147943886073367

Then if you want to change Travis Scott height, all you need to do is:
add_slider height 50 882147943886073367

indiaskapie 1st Mar 2017 2:51 PM

Is it possible for you to create a tutorial on how to create custom sliders, please?

rochelimit 19th Mar 2017 10:21 AM

I love this mod a lot. But is it possible to remove the automatic increase of height? I only want to decide the height of certain Sim and keep it that way, not to have a gradual increase for every Sim or to have the NPCs with different heights.

Also I think the bulge slider is kinda unnecessary, mainly because the resulting bulge looks kinda triangular (unrealistic)

vectorplexus 20th Mar 2017 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelimit
I love this mod a lot. But is it possible to remove the automatic increase of height? I only want to decide the height of certain Sim and keep it that way, not to have a gradual increase for every Sim or to have the NPCs with different heights.

Also I think the bulge slider is kinda unnecessary, mainly because the resulting bulge looks kinda triangular (unrealistic)


The downloads on the first page has a static height slider, it doesnt change, I personally don't use any height slider because:
1. If two sims of different height do some interactive animation (like kissing) you will probably have one of them kissing the other's nose, which is kinda silly. You may offset this problem, if you play around with both height and neck sliders to minimize the issue, but ultimately they will be around the same height. The only difference is that one will be overall a bit bigger (I believe that the height slider is scaling the "root" bone in all 3 axis, X,Y,Z)
2. Sims that have had their Height changed, will have animation problems with toddlers, having their arms all screwed up, and the toddler floating several meters away from where they should be.

Yeah the bulge slider is kinda meh, but thats limited to the mesh density in that area, it's not really the slider problem.

gretchenw1976 21st Mar 2017 6:27 AM

question
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
The downloads on the first page has a static height slider, it doesnt change, I personally don't use any height slider because:
1. If two sims of different height do some interactive animation (like kissing) you will probably have one of them kissing the other's nose, which is kinda silly. You may offset this problem, if you play around with both height and neck sliders to minimize the issue, but ultimately they will be around the same height. The only difference is that one will be overall a bit bigger (I believe that the height slider is scaling the "root" bone in all 3 axis, X,Y,Z)
2. Sims that have had their Height changed, will have animation problems with toddlers, having their arms all screwed up, and the toddler floating several meters away from where they should be.

Yeah the bulge slider is kinda meh, but thats limited to the mesh density in that area, it's not really the slider problem.


Hi i am sure some one probably already covered this..but can this slider be used with the old slider that allowed us to customize the height in CAS? This current version does not allow us to that..I do not really understand how to use it..I will try to reread it over and over again i guess until i get it..lol..i have been off of the game for awhile and i am not as savvy as some of you. I need mc command correct..? or just the regular cheat? Lastly This last post I am reading..in your game have you fixed the problem with kissing by playing around with your height and neck slider? If so what setting are you using? Please bear with me..especially if these questions have been answered.. I appreciate your time..

Menaceman44 21st Mar 2017 11:17 PM

You do not need MC command for these sliders to work.
The ones that function outside of CAS are applied to Sims by using the cheat console.
You open the cheat box with CTRL SHIFT C and then type in the commands that are given in the first post.
"Enter 'add_slider <command> <number>', with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise."
So if I want to make my Sim taller I would have them selected, open the cheat box and then type "add_slider Height 50" without quotes.
If it works you should see the change immediately.

gretchenw1976 23rd Mar 2017 3:47 AM

thank you..so nooo not in cas..

PastelSimmie 25th Mar 2017 12:34 AM

Hey when my young adults pick up their toddlers their arms glitch please help!!!!

PastelSimmie 25th Mar 2017 12:53 AM

When my sims pick up their toddlers when they have been given a height it glitches please help!!!!

kampffenhoff 25th Mar 2017 8:16 AM

This mod does not work with toddlers. It's OK for everything else. It needs to be updated to work with toddlers.

vectorplexus 25th Mar 2017 4:36 PM

Toddlers Fix
 
2 Attachment(s)
I usually don't meddle on other ppls mods, but this was a fairly simple task. All credits go to SimmyTheSim ofc, this is a semi-fix for toddlers

I did not do any extensive testing, I basically picked a toddler and it was ok =P

EDIT: Didn't tested the Dynamic,but I did the same edits, so it should work. One thing though, the dynamic version has one of the sliders with twice the value (I assume is doing so in Teens and Children to have their height set to the lowest. Because of this, their legs might look longer than the normal slider

katiegr1982 25th Mar 2017 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
I usually don't meddle on other ppls mods, but this was a fairly simple task. All credits go to SimmyTheSim ofc, this is a semi-fix for toddlers

I did not do any extensive testing, I basically picked a toddler and it was ok =P


Wow, thanks! Is there any possibility that you could fix it for the gradual height slider too?

vectorplexus 25th Mar 2017 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegr1982
Wow, thanks! Is there any possibility that you could fix it for the gradual height slider too?


Maybe tomorrow I'll have a look at it.

katiegr1982 25th Mar 2017 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
Maybe tomorrow I'll have a look at it.


That would be great, thanks!

Manderz0630 26th Mar 2017 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
I usually don't meddle on other ppls mods, but this was a fairly simple task. All credits go to SimmyTheSim ofc, this is a semi-fix for toddlers

I did not do any extensive testing, I basically picked a toddler and it was ok =P


The height value 0 to 100 is the same height.

vectorplexus 26th Mar 2017 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderz0630
The height value 0 to 100 is the same height.


Yes and no... Like I said this was a semi-fix... let me clarify...

WHat is causing the "bug" is that usually if you would want to increase the height of an entire character (no matter the game) you would apply it to the root bone. This is what is causing the bug. What I did was scale it up on the Spine0 bone, so it doesnt get as higher, but it gets... I can maybe increase the slider range, but the more I do that, the more unproportionated the torso and legs ratio will be.

I tried several other things to try to scale legs, but the feet always "snap" to the Root Bone origin

However, I can assure you that it does increase the overall height.

LemonyLin 26th Mar 2017 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
I usually don't meddle on other ppls mods, but this was a fairly simple task. All credits go to SimmyTheSim ofc, this is a semi-fix for toddlers

I did not do any extensive testing, I basically picked a toddler and it was ok =P


I just had to drop by and just say THANK YOU! SO MUCH! I check back on this thread often hoping to see it updated and am just delighted. It's working great in my game so far and I'm very happy. Have the toddler fling arms was really immersion breaking. Thank you again!

vectorplexus 26th Mar 2017 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegr1982
That would be great, thanks!

There you go, I attached to the same post to keep it clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenw1976
Hi i am sure some one probably already covered this..but can this slider be used with the old slider that allowed us to customize the height in CAS? This current version does not allow us to that..I do not really understand how to use it..I will try to reread it over and over again i guess until i get it..lol..i have been off of the game for awhile and i am not as savvy as some of you. I need mc command correct..? or just the regular cheat? Lastly This last post I am reading..in your game have you fixed the problem with kissing by playing around with your height and neck slider? If so what setting are you using? Please bear with me..especially if these questions have been answered.. I appreciate your time..

I totally missed this post so I'll try to clarify. The CAS Slider thing was done by sacrificing one of the slider slots (FEET). Because I do like to have the ability to have bigger or smaller feet, I did not checked or used that version. While its possible to add additional sliders, it would require for us to "reset" all the existing ones, to give room for more, which is a task that can be complicated and is more bound to break with any patch/update. I rather have a command that I can use whenever in live mode, its not that hard =)

katiegr1982 26th Mar 2017 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
There you go, I attached to the same post to keep it clean



Thank you so much! I really missed having this in my game!

Menaceman44 26th Mar 2017 5:56 PM

Wonderful stuff! I will have to try out this newer version in my game the next time I play. I was sad to remove the old version once the patch broke it.

kampffenhoff 27th Mar 2017 6:57 PM

What's the difference between the two downloads? Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out what dynamic means in this context and translating it into my native language doesn't help.

vectorplexus 27th Mar 2017 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampffenhoff
What's the difference between the two downloads? Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out what dynamic means in this context and translating it into my native language doesn't help.

You should check the first post on this thread, but in essence, the dynamic slider will cause your children and teens to grow as they age, I guess it's a "passive slider"

kampffenhoff 27th Mar 2017 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorplexus
You should check the first post on this thread, but in essence, the dynamic slider will cause your children and teens to grow as they age, I guess it's a "passive slider"


Oh thanks.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 3:46 PM.
Page 3 of 11

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.14 · Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.