Mod The Sims
Page 6 of 41

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

Menaceman44 10th Mar 2016 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
So, besides the usual, "kissing the air" animation problem, I actually noticed something interesting. The "caress cheek", "kiss hands", "whisper sweet nothings" interactions actually have valid animations no matter what the height of a sim is. Why is that possible, but hugging and kissing isn't? (lazy EA)


That's because of how the different animations work. The kissing and hugging animations are set, complete animations with defined positions. The ones that involve Sims touching other Sims with their hands use IK points (I think they were called) that act like magnets.

Menaceman44 11th Mar 2016 7:11 PM

Just a thought, any chance you could make the console commands able to include a target Sims' name so that you can change the height of Sims not in the active family?

AGuyCalledPi 11th Mar 2016 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
That's because of how the different animations work. The kissing and hugging animations are set, complete animations with defined positions. The ones that involve Sims touching other Sims with their hands use IK points (I think they were called) that act like magnets.

And yet, the animators couldn't be bothered to make SimLips magnetic? That's ruined so many screenshots. OTOH, it's probably nothing modding can't fix.

Menaceman44 11th Mar 2016 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grijze Pilion
And yet, the animators couldn't be bothered to make SimLips magnetic? That's ruined so many screenshots. OTOH, it's probably nothing modding can't fix.

I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.

zygortz 11th Mar 2016 11:54 PM

Do you think it would be possible to extend the scale beyond 100 and -100 to make even taller and shorter sims?

mixa97sr 13th Mar 2016 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.


Yeah, I guess that head moving with rig set to 1 and neck set to 0.5 won't do the work as animation would probably look kind of like a glitch. But they could determine how much is needed to move the shoulders down. For that, however, a better rig is needed, which they probably won't bother making.

AGuyCalledPi 13th Mar 2016 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.

But if you want to kiss someone that's shorter or taller than you, you just need to tilt your head up or down. If hands can be anchored to line up with another Sim, surely lips can? To prove my point, this screenshot. Despite a height difference of about 6', all I had to do was adjust the neck and head.

fallingsnow 17th Mar 2016 9:08 AM

So i have it installed and both script mods and custom content checked.

i created my sim and moved into a furnished home.

i then press ctrl shift c to bring up the cheat box in top left corner...

in the cheat box i type add_slider Height -50

i press enter but nothing happens.

do i need to enable cheats? is what i typed even correct?

i have gone through the entire thread from OP to here and nobody has any answers that i can find that help me.

simitarsims 17th Mar 2016 10:22 PM

I have had a similar problem. mine seems to be changing one of my sims in a way taller scale than my other ones. I don't know if this has to do with genetics, but when I try to shorten one of my female sims who is in the same age group as another one of my sims to the same height she is still significantly taller. Am I missing something in the cheats or something. I'm confused as why my other sims can get so much shorter than her! Please help :P

Ps when I use add_slider height -100 she is about the same size as my other girls at add_slider height 30 . She looks like a giant when I add a tall slider. Hehe

Menaceman44 20th Mar 2016 11:40 PM

Can we expect another update to this any time soon? Maybe soon after the next patch lands on March 22nd? Hopefully the actual meaning of "soon" as well, not the EA definition.

RuneVe 21st Mar 2016 11:55 PM

Thank you v0.06.1. ! (Merci)

Morphar 22nd Mar 2016 8:41 AM

The genetics definitely work in the old mod but not in this one.

Manderz0630 24th Mar 2016 1:18 AM

It doesn't want to stay with an alien sim cause when I type the slider height it goes to the height but when I go to a different lot or put on his disguise and remove it he shrinks back down to the default size.

Colorkiller 24th Mar 2016 9:06 PM

I'm afraid the stable version no longer works with the 2nd March patch. Neither does the "beta" version. I tried both.
Strangely enough though my shorter sims have remained short even after the update.

jaiden 25th Mar 2016 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorkiller
I'm afraid the stable version no longer works with the 2nd March patch. Neither does the "beta" version. I tried both.
Strangely enough though my shorter sims have remained short even after the update.

The beta (latest version) Works for me
Still without the hands slider, but everything else works like a charm! (The photos are from yesterday)

Ptb521 25th Mar 2016 10:22 PM

Same thing here, the mod version 0.04 (stable version) is still working with the new game update 1.16.61.1020.

lekiscool 28th Mar 2016 6:33 AM

Gradual Growth
 
I have only used the latest version of the mod, v0.06.1.zip but the gradual growth does not seem to be working, all the children sims are the same height and they are different ages.
Is there a command for gradual growth I should use? or does it work better in an earlier mod?

I did type in "rhall" and "rhone" and these did not seem to work. Is there more to the command?

Otherwise great mod, not other issues to report.


Edit: I removed all the mods from my folder and put them back in and rhall worked. I'm unsure if the height is passing genetically, since you mentioned a bug. I did however change the height of the teens I think that works just as well.

AGuyCalledPi 28th Mar 2016 9:01 AM

Hm, I wish the sliders actually worked for me. I've double checked, there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

jaiden 29th Mar 2016 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grijze Pilion
Hm, I wish the sliders actually worked for me. I've double checked, there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

Have you checked your in-game options in Advanced? there's 2 options for Mods.

AGuyCalledPi 29th Mar 2016 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden
Have you checked your in-game options in Advanced? there's 2 options for Mods.

I don't need basic game information, thanks. I'm the evil overlord of a subreddit for "advanced, hardcore, serious" Simmers, I of all people should know what I'm doing.

Colorkiller 30th Mar 2016 3:10 AM

they aren't working for me still. i put in the height command and nothing happens.

Colorkiller 31st Mar 2016 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden
The beta (latest version) Works for me Still without the hands slider, but everything else works like a charm! (The photos are from yesterday)


Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit?

jaiden 31st Mar 2016 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorkiller
Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit?

The 64-bit

Colorkiller 2nd Apr 2016 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden
The 64-bit

And here I thought I'd figured it out! DX It only works for me in the 32bit and not the 64bit I generally run.
I put in the code: add_slider height -80, in the 64bit and nothing happens, but i put in the same code in the 32bit version and I get the the confirmation (can't remember what it says) and my sims are at the height I want.

Blarg! DX

jaiden 2nd Apr 2016 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorkiller
And here I thought I'd figured it out! DX It only works for me in the 32bit and not the 64bit I generally run.
I put in the code: add_slider height -80, in the 64bit and nothing happens, but i put in the same code in the 32bit version and I get the the confirmation (can't remember what it says) and my sims are at the height I want.

Blarg! DX

Height-Neck works for me, Bulge/Hands doesn't.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 5:34 AM.
Page 6 of 41

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.14 · Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.