Mod The Sims
Page 13 of 44

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

Zellbean 28th Mar 2017 2:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vectorplexus
You should check the first post on this thread, but in essence, the dynamic slider will cause your children and teens to grow as they age, I guess it's a "passive slider"

Whew! I wondered this myself. I used the old sliders from way back, and LOVED them until those rotten little toddlers broke everything. I've been looking to get different heights back in my game.

kampffenhoff 28th Mar 2017 2:32 PM

I cannot get this mod to work. No matter what I do the height doesn't change. Testing cheats is set to on in Command center and I typed add_slider height 100 and nothing happened. I tried all different numbers and even added capital letters to words and nothing happens.

Compared this version to the original and noticed the original needed a TS4 script enabling sliders. Tried it using the old one and it didn't work. All that happened is my sim became totally immobile and reset sim didn't work either.

Menaceman44 28th Mar 2017 3:21 PM

People trying these new fixed file will still need the original script file from the original downloads. That hasn't been changed and hasn't been included with the new files. Took me a while to realise that.
I've also come to the conclusion that while the scaling may be the same values in the code, the difference is not as noticable as before since now the Sims are only scaled from the waist up. Changing the bone that gets scaled, to fix the toddler issue, has meant that the legs and feet do not get scaled making the size change less obvious.
If the scale was increased to make the differences more obvious then you would end up with disproportioned Sims.

kampffenhoff 28th Mar 2017 5:21 PM

I used the original script file and my sims became immobilized without me doing anything at all to them. I had to close the game and it left me with a last exception. The exception seems to have been caused by the the script file itself. It's a huge file with over 48,000 lines. Without the script file nothing happens and with it the game doesn't work. I removed the new sliders and script file and everything was back to normal. They simply don't work unfortunately, at least, not in my game which is usually trouble free.

vectorplexus 28th Mar 2017 9:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
People trying these new fixed file will still need the original script file from the original downloads. That hasn't been changed and hasn't been included with the new files. Took me a while to realise that.
I've also come to the conclusion that while the scaling may be the same values in the code, the difference is not as noticable as before since now the Sims are only scaled from the waist up. Changing the bone that gets scaled, to fix the toddler issue, has meant that the legs and feet do not get scaled making the size change less obvious.
If the scale was increased to make the differences more obvious then you would end up with disproportioned Sims.

Yes that was what I explained before, and yes, I should have mentioned that you still need the scripts from the initial post on this thread. You will need the script AND all the sliders (hands, neck, bulge, etc). Basically:

1. Download the mod from the first post:
2. Patch it with the files I provided

Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I used the original script file and my sims became immobilized without me doing anything at all to them. I had to close the game and it left me with a last exception. The exception seems to have been caused by the the script file itself. It's a huge file with over 48,000 lines. Without the script file nothing happens and with it the game doesn't work. I removed the new sliders and script file and everything was back to normal. They simply don't work unfortunately, at least, not in my game which is usually trouble free.

Pretty sure your problem is because you forgot to install the other packages (hand slider.package, etc...)

PS-I was thinking about a solution to also extend the legs height, I will test it in a bit.

kampffenhoff 28th Mar 2017 9:54 PM

When I used the original version of the height slider I only installed the height slider and the enable slider mod script file. I did not install any of the other sliders. So now you are saying this new version requires me to install all the other sliders. I didn't want any of the other sliders which is why I didn't use them before. I simply don't understand why I now have to install every slider when I didn't before if all you've done is update the height slider. I didn't forget to install the other packages as I didn't install them when I used the original version. I just wanted the height slider and nothing else like I had before.

vectorplexus 28th Mar 2017 10:10 PM

When I used the original version of the height slider I only installed the height slider and the enable slider mod script file. I did not install any of the other sliders. So now you are saying this new version requires me to install all the other sliders. I didn't want any of the other sliders which is why I didn't use them before. I simply don't understand why I now have to install every slider when I didn't before if all you've done is update the height slider. I didn't forget to install the other packages as I didn't install them when I used the original version. I just wanted the height slider and nothing else like I had before.

Dont install anything, problem solved

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 9:48 AM

vectorplexus if u find a solution about height legs i will kiss you(just kidding :P).

I tested the old mod(without your update) and is great and more realistic! The only problem is about the "damn" toddlers.

I hope you can fix it!!

Menaceman44 29th Mar 2017 10:24 AM

I only installed the new Tall and Short packages with the original script, none of the other sliders, and it's been working fine in my game.

vectorplexus 29th Mar 2017 3:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
vectorplexus if u find a solution about height legs i will kiss you(just kidding :P).

I tested the old mod(without your update) and is great and more realistic! The only problem is about the "damn" toddlers.

I hope you can fix it!!

I'm working on it, almost done I believe... it's an extremely slow proccess, because I'm tweaking several bones simultaneously, because once I mess with one, some other issue will happen. I'm trying to get a compromise between messing up them, so things will look as flawless as possible. Basically I'm changing one value at a time, open the package, change a value, save the package, close it, launch the game, check how it looks, close the game, rinse and repeat. I'm sure I've restarted my game more than 100 times by now =P

kampffenhoff 29th Mar 2017 5:13 PM

OK, well, I got it working. I simply restored the old enable sliders script I had from file restore plus a bulge slider that was there too, since my huge exception file mentioned bulge slider about 50 times and then installed the new height sliders alongside them. I didn't put them in a sub folder just in case and it works beautifully. I looked in on the McDonald family and made Jane as short as I could and Shaun as tall as possible and they both handled their toddler fine. No idea at all why I couldn't get it working before and simply hadn't the time to open the slider script in Python to look at it. Anyhow, only had time to play for about a half hour but it was fine. I'm so pleased I can now make my Sims different heights again. I think the error I had was to do with the bulge slider. I haven't added any of the other sliders except that and the height. Thanks for working on it.

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 5:54 PM

OK, well, I got it working. I simply restored the old enable sliders script I had from file restore plus a bulge slider that was there too, since my huge exception file mentioned bulge slider about 50 times and then installed the new height sliders alongside them. I didn't put them in a sub folder just in case and it works beautifully. I looked in on the McDonald family and made Jane as short as I could and Shaun as tall as possible and they both handled their toddler fine. No idea at all why I couldn't get it working before and simply hadn't the time to open the slider script in Python to look at it. Anyhow, only had time to play for about a half hour but it was fine. I'm so pleased I can now make my Sims different heights again. I think the error I had was to do with the bulge slider. I haven't added any of the other sliders except that and the height. Thanks for working on it.

Let me understand you... You get the script file from v0.04.1 version and use the 3 heights .packages from v0.06.1 version??? And no troubles with toddlers?

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 6:26 PM

Ok i try restored the script file in version 0.06 and height/bulge files, still with toddles bug

kampffenhoff 29th Mar 2017 6:30 PM

Let me understand you... You get the script file from v0.04.1 version and use the 3 heights .packages from v0.06.1 version??? And no troubles with toddlers?

No. I have no idea where the script file was from. I got it from Windows file restore also the bulge slider and I've no idea where that came from either. I said I got them from file restore, I've no idea what version they are. I simply looked in file restore and found the files and restored them. Then I downloaded the new height sliders and it worked as I said, I didn't download anything from the files on page one of this thread. The script file I used and the bulge slider were in file restore. It isn't enabled by default in windows 8, you have enable it. When you do it simply saves certain things. I can restore files that have been deleted months ago using it.

So, to sum up, I have the two files from file restore plus the 3 new height sliders--- the new ones by vectorplexus not the ones by simmythesim and it works. I don't know if the script file and the bulge slider are from version 0.4 or 0.6 because I got them from file restore.

vectorplexus 29th Mar 2017 6:46 PM

Toddler Fix v2

2 Attachment(s)
Ok I think I will give up on trying to fix this one issue... I havent tested it exaustively, and I believe it's probably the only animation that will look weird. When doing Push-Ups, if the Height > 0, then the hands will float a bit on the air. If the Height < 0, then the hands will start getting buried on the ground. I think there will be very few animations with this particular problem though, because the game as a sort of IK Solver, that allows to animate by using target bones instead of just raw animation. However, in this particular animation, is probably not using the hands bones to target anything (because there is nothing to target) and is obviously not snapping to the origin node vertical coordinate, as the feet does. The only way to fix this would be to rotate the entire body, but when I do that, the sim obviously stands and walks in a very awkward position, so I'll just leave it this way, I dont think I can get it any better =(

Also... There seems to be a lot of confusion here, so let me clarify how to get this to work... Go on the first post of this thread, posted by @SimmyTheSim
  • If you download the "(Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip" version, you will want to patch it with the "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip"
  • If you download the "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip", you will want to patch it with both "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip" and "Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix v2.zip"

I hope this gets clear... I'm using the original scripts SimmyTheSim provided on the "(Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip" version, and they're working for me, I never used any other versions, nor do I use the Gradual Heights.

PS-I have no idea if the Gradual Height thingy will get borked (specially the hands position, I havent tested). In case it does look weird, send me a screenshot so I can see whats happening

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 7:35 PM

Great job vectorplexus! Thank you very much. I dont care with Push-Ups bugs!

guedespoa 4th Apr 2017 5:33 PM

vectorplexus sorry bother you, but i see a bug about height in toddlers and childs, when i put height -50 or more small, these sims bend their knees, meaning they do not stand with their legs straight. Is there a way to fix this? Only happens with children and toddlers!

vectorplexus 4th Apr 2017 11:20 PM

vectorplexus sorry bother you, but i see a bug about height in toddlers and childs, when i put height -50 or more small, these sims bend their knees, meaning they do not stand with their legs straight. Is there a way to fix this? Only happens with children and toddlers!

@guedespoa
Can you tell me what version are you using to be easier to diagnose? I'm assuming its the Gradual/Dynamic version?

guedespoa 5th Apr 2017 1:42 AM

@guedespoa
Can you tell me what version are you using to be easier to diagnose? I'm assuming its the Gradual/Dynamic version?

Im not using gradual/dynamic version, only your v2 Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall with Slider Scripts.ts4script(v.06). The .ts4script(v.4) not work for me, my sims not move with this version!

guedespoa 5th Apr 2017 1:45 AM

Btw i change the Height Slider Short to previously version(v.06) and the children and toddlers sims not get this bug with this legs, only in your version you upload here a few days ago

guedespoa 5th Apr 2017 1:46 AM

But ofc i prefer your version cuz i can make small adult sims and not get the toddler bug when they get in your arms

vectorplexus 6th Apr 2017 2:42 AM

But ofc i prefer your version cuz i can make small adult sims and not get the toddler bug when they get in your arms

Yes I know its my version only because that was the only way to prevent the toddler bug. @SimmyTheSim did exactly what any other modder would have, when it comes to scaling the skeleton, I would do the same. The scaling method I used is a bit "wonkier" and requires more detail to attention, and stuff.I'll see if I have some time and patience to check it out tomorrow.

guedespoa 6th Apr 2017 4:31 AM

Yes I know its my version only because that was the only way to prevent the toddler bug. @SimmyTheSim did exactly what any other modder would have, when it comes to scaling the skeleton, I would do the same. The scaling method I used is a bit "wonkier" and requires more detail to attention, and stuff.I'll see if I have some time and patience to check it out tomorrow.

Thank you very much! Im anxious to wait your answer! :D

Menaceman44 6th Apr 2017 9:30 PM

It's great to see somebody has taken up this monumental mod.
I will add though that I am finding my teen Sims bend their knees when they are shortened. Okay, so actually I've only tried the mod on one Sim because ALL I want is for teen Sims to be at a slightly shorter height by default, and his knees always seem to be slightly bent now.

Terrasplorer 6th Apr 2017 11:13 PM

i've been having similar issues with my toddlers, they float when theyre too tall and bend their knees when they're too short