Mod The Sims
Page 11 of 41

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

BabiHunni 17th Jan 2017 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderz0630
The Mod still works and can still be used if you don't mind your Sim's arms being bugged when pick a toddler up.

Thank you!!! now i know what mod is doing it, and no...i've been playing with all my broken mods, idgaf lmao

BabiHunni 17th Jan 2017 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
What other height package do you have?

It was his old version with shorter teens, but I kept the files, I have the updated ones, but I'm either typing something in wrong or don't have something because I can't fix the hands or bulge and I've tried every way of typing it in the cheat, but I could be typing it wrong haha

Mendota 17th Jan 2017 11:35 PM

Okay, I have tried it myself. Interesting the pick up option is bugged, but the play option where the Sim puts the toddlers on their back and swings them around etc. works just fine. You would think that would be messed up. At any rate I only change the height on the men and not the women so I'll just have mama do the picking up. Dad and the teens can do the play with option. That works for me. Just wanted to give this update.

Racroes 18th Jan 2017 10:12 PM

Does anyone know how this mod was made? I feel as if since this creator abandoned it, we need to take matters into our own hands.

Morphar 19th Jan 2017 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racroes
Does anyone know how this mod was made? I feel as if since this creator abandoned it, we need to take matters into our own hands.

GODJUL1 come to the rescue and published an update of simmys orginal mod:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

Racroes 20th Jan 2017 12:34 AM

Quote:
GODJUL1 come to the rescue and published an update of simmys orginal mod:

Thank goodness! How does it do with animation?

Morphar 21st Jan 2017 3:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racroes
Thank goodness! How does it do with animation?

Much better than Simmys first mod except for one interaction with toddlers.
When a sim lifts up a toddler its arms will be twisted. The mod is not "toddler aware" when it comes to lifting.
Hope GODJUL1 can fix it but am a bit worried as he have only posted 6 times since 2006.

Morphar 21st Jan 2017 7:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of toddler handling:

kampffenhoff 21st Jan 2017 3:21 PM

Quote:
Some pictures of toddler handling:

Unfortunately this occurs as soon as you put the mod in the game even if you aren't using it. It also causes the game to produce a last exception file.

Mendota 24th Jan 2017 12:20 AM

Well as I said, I am using the mod where you type in the cheat. And the only time it is bugged is when a sim whose height is altered picks up a toddler. Al the other sims are unaffected. So it seems that this is the best bet. I am not into the foot dragging myself, I actually prefer typing in the cheat rather than having to go into CAS. Maybe the issue above is cased by all the sims running to pick up the toddler rather than just one.

kampffenhoff 24th Jan 2017 9:04 AM

I have tried both versions and even if you don't use it it affects the toddler interaction. In my game anyhow, and I have nothing else that could be doing this.

Mendota 24th Jan 2017 11:22 PM

That is too bad. Maybe a repair game is needed or clearing the cashe. I am still using it without issues and I now have the vampire pack. The best that I can think of is perhaps you didn't remove all of the mods when trying them out. There is a package mod and a script mod. Both need to be exchanged or taken out.

kampffenhoff 25th Jan 2017 8:47 AM

Tried it with no other mods and I always clear the cache.

RRRita 26th Jan 2017 7:28 AM

I love this mod it's literally amazing, but with the recent updates I noticed a bug that forced me to take it out, when my sim (with an altered height) tried to pick up her toddler her hands got all weird and the toddler was like across the lot floating in the air. Also if it is possible to get their little display picture to not change as much when they're super tall of super short that would be great.

Menaceman44 26th Jan 2017 1:23 PM

This mod is no longer supported. Unless someone else picks up the task of maintaining it, there will be no updates. The issue with arms and toddlers has been reported multiple times now. It is not possible to alter the Sim portraits as the camera is fixed in place.

bobdole777 27th Jan 2017 6:46 PM

This is awesome. Would you please increase the max size of the height slider? It doesn't seem to be much of a difference with the max height and normal height.

MrMonty96 29th Jan 2017 8:58 PM

The shorter teens and gradual growth doesn't work for me, help please!

Menaceman44 29th Jan 2017 9:33 PM

Can somebody PLEASE update the first post to state that it isn't supported and isn't being updated anymore? I stay subscribed to this thread in case anyone else picks it up and wants feedback but all I get at the moment are people saying it doesn't work in their game. Of course not! It isn't updated for toddlers and likely never will be. Go try out the version that is available from the official downloads section instead.

Rosebine 29th Jan 2017 10:28 PM

Yes, but even that one in the download section has problems, and need tune ups.

Menaceman44 30th Jan 2017 10:57 AM

And is much more likely to get the needed updates seeing as the creator hasn't left modding, unlike simmythesim.

intoxicated_andy 1st Feb 2017 11:57 AM

Is this mod abandoned?

Morphar 3rd Feb 2017 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated_andy
Is this mod abandoned?

Yes, use this instead. It is Simmys old but updated but not toddler aware:

The mod that is handled in this thread have the following problems:
Height don't survive aging.
The height is not genetic.
Toddler handling is buggy.

Colleenfrances 16th Feb 2017 8:27 AM

Has anyone worked on a hip and/or thigh slider?

Hellfrozeover 17th Feb 2017 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleenfrances
Has anyone worked on a hip and/or thigh slider?

Do you mean the length? Because you can adjust hip and thigh width in the game.

viviansimmer 18th Feb 2017 4:39 PM

The height slider isn't working for me! I have tried using the command both in Live Mode and CAS. In CAS I get the message "Unable to execute command" when I enter it. In Live Mode I don't get any message, and my sim's height doesn't change at all! My sim is one I've had before installing the mod, so I wonder if it'll work when I create a new sim? Or am I using the wrong command? I have script mods on. I have some other mods in my game: 4 Columns in CAS, Zerbu's turbo careers, Zerbu's venue changer, and MC Command Center. Could that be causing a problem?